Open today: Closed

from $19.00
from $10.66
from $130.00
More Info
All reviews kuala lumpur day trip great trip street art george town guide mangroves temple
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tour didn’t collect me from my city centre hotel so I had to get a taxi to another hotel. Dropped off at the park with no guide left off on my own to walk through, didn’t meet one other person in the park. Went to the gate that leads to the tower and it was locked. Spent another 10 mins to trying to get out. The canopy walk was closer.

My driver gave me a ticket to go up to the Observation box and said he’d meet me in 1hr 30.
I was up and down in 25 mins, sat around outside for a long time waiting for my driver to return.

It’s a very expensive taxi service as the park is free and the ticket for the observation box in the tower is 40 MYR.
Would not recommend

1  Thank Ailbhe27
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the trip.
Chocolate factory, batik shop,palace, independence square and Petronas towers.
However best of all was the driver.
Funny, endearing and warm.
Tales of how he married his wife and warnings about getting wet and ill, he was a treasure. Made us feel welcome and one of his family.

The museum is also worth a mention. Modern and well presented. Don’t miss it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have a wonderful trip. Base camp staffs are so friendly, especially Manager Ali, Sumon and his crews. All of them are ready to help you. The staff was cooked for you and you can just sit down and chill. The food prepared was super duper delicious, especially the chef's recommended nasi goreng. Got to experience The World's Longest Water Slide by special management arrangement. Escape should be proud and honoured to have such great staff that treat all the customer as their VVIP.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

Wonderful tour and friendly guide.

Be warned. TripAdvisor's mobile booking is misleading. Through the booking stage, it even reminds you that hotel pickup is included even though your hotel is not listed in the drop down menu. However, if your hotel is not within a certain area of the city, the tour operator will not pick you up. This disclaimer is tuck in somewhere in the tour description page.

Cancellation will forfeit your entire payment (this is because I booked the trip at the last minute and is within 24hrs of the departure time). 5 days later I still have not heard back from tripadvisor on my email to cancel, other than an automated reply.

1  Thank Vincent W
Reviewed September 8, 2019

We cant speak highly enough of our guide Phillip who took us to hidden Hawkers Food Markets, described and showed us what food was on offer and then made recommendations. WOW we were so thrilled. Phillip then described some of the history of Penang, showed us building as we we driven around (thank heaven for that air conditioning that made the trip so delightful) and even gave us an insight into his heritage and his day to day life. This was one to the highlights of our trip to Penang. Nothing was to much bother for Philip. We even visited a Pewter factory, chocolate factory and batik direct factory to gain a better understanding of Penang and its delights

Date of experience: August 2019