“one of the best place in Nainital”

Hotel Chevron Fairhavens
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Nainital
Navi Mumbai (New Mumbai), Maharashtra, India
“one of the best place in Nainital”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been with my family at this hotel. Location of this property is the best in Nainital, very calm and away from city buz with small good garden. Hotel give the flavor of old Raj Kapoor movies. Hotel staff is very pleasing and always ready to help with smile.
The best thing of this hotel is food and service. Hotel serves very good, homely food which family will love for sure. They also help with specially prepared food for kids which is very important when you travel with your kids. This Hotel is excellent place to stay with family though bit costly. Services will bring smile on your face and don't mind paying some extra amount.

Room Tip: lake veiw rooms are excellent choice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Anil2478

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Fairhavens is a 90 yrs old british war widows hostel which is restored into a standard hotel. Since, we went during off season, we got all the attention. The rates were 'value for money'. The renovation work is going on. We stayed in a renovated rooms (non lake facing) which was nicely appointed. The lake facing rooms are planned to be renovated this year and they have an excellent view from the same. Hope they don't charge a bomb after renovation. The staff is helpful, supportive and gives personal attention. The access to hotel is quite steep and narrow and can be a stressful experience though hotel provides complimentary pick up and drop in an ancient jeep from 8am - 8pm to the Mall Road. Food quality is good. No pool or any fancy amenities. There was an indoor games room and outdoor kids play area which we were not able to visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank George V
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We came here and checked out the rooms first. Then we went to the room and did not like it, so we went up front desk and asked if we could get our money back. They said no, so we told them the rooms suck. Im still waiting for my money. I would recommended not going here at all. This place is a dump. It sucks so badly!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Piyush M

Travelers are raving about these Nainital hotels

Gurgaon
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I visited this place almost two years back and its along pending review from myside, I am happy that today I am able to complete it. When I booked this hotel I though it expensive but as soon I reached here I realized that my selection was good and by the time i checked but I was 100% confident that by selection was very good.

This one is a heritage hotel , however hotel management ensures that alone with preserving the heritage feel they are providing you best of modern services. Location of hotel provides a great view of "Naini" lake , you can enjoy this view either from window of your room or from hotel garden.

Hotel has a nice dining area which has pictures for all Bollywood starts who stayed here during their film suiting. Staff is very supportive and ensures your stay is comfortable. Unlike other hotels of Nainital this hotel has a very good privet parking.

I truly enjoyed my stay and wish to visit again :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank apande28
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very Old Hotel in Nainital, mostly made up of wood and standing tall amidst hills of Nainital since 1920 and no doubt is a famous landmark. From outside it seemed good but the moment we checked in into our rooms we got the shock of our life and decided to move to some other hotel but on the insistence of the receptionist (We still remember his words " Sir, you stay here and experience our services and i promise you will not regret") so we didn't moved as he upgraded us to cottage room which was better than the normal rooms. Services were good and food was awesome....overall an average hotel with good food. Hotel is also under renovation and upgrading their rooms with better ambience and facilities so check the facts before booking.

Room Tip: Check for newly renovated rooms else take the cottage.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Inderpreet1313
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I visited nanital on 3rd may 2013.
While booking this hotel at the Delhi office the concerned person said that it's only 5 min walking from the mall road and the main lake.
I asked for a lake view room.
But too my shock it was 20-25 min walking from the mall road,the lake view room was such that the lake wasn't visible from the room, the bathroom tiles were broken,dirty bed sheets .
The shuttle service is in place till 8 pm after that they don't offer hurtle service so if you want to roam in the mall road after 8 pm u can't as it's not possible for you to get back to your hotel on foot as its dark and drunken people re roaming there. The food is also no good.
When I told them I was to checkout as I don't lik the room they asked for the payment of all three nights after all the arguments I paid them 8.5 k for one night and I checkout the next morning.
It's a very bad hotel please please don't stay here.

Ther are many gud hotels on the mall road very cheap and with Awesome view nd food like The Grand and Horel Alka. Go for these hotels..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rahulsunnybhalla
Delhi
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Well even we were looking forward for a 4 star property in Nainital but due to last minute booking we ended up choosing Chevron Fairheavens.
We stayed there for 2N and believe me it is far better than any other 3 or 4 star property.It is heritage property with big rooms.Our room was a lake view room on second floor and the view outside the window was mesmerizing.
The best part about the property is the hospitality and the food.They have pick and drop facility to Mall Road which is extremely convenient.
Would love to visit again and also recommend to other travelers as well.

Room Tip: Choose lake facing rooms and make sure there is no construction happening in neighboring rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple