“good hotel at good location”
Review of Hotel Himalaya

Hotel Himalaya
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Nainital
Reviewed June 30, 2013

very old heritage hotel, rooms average just renovated,location excellent not far from Mall Road.When u get down u have everything nearby.Room services good andstaffs were cordial .But since the climate are changing they should have one fan atleast inside rooms.Inside rooms sometimes we felt hot.But I must thank cleartrip /tripadvisor to guide me since I was going there for first time.I would recommend this hotel to all small family middle class visitors.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Chinmay S
traveladdict36, General Manager at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for the continued support. We are proud and happy that Himalaya Hotel continues to provide wonderful experiences to our esteemed customers like yourselves. We also wish and hope that we will be able to continuously provide ever more in terms of service cost effectiveness and value for money. We are ever committed to provide a unique experience each time our guests visit us. Thank you.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We travelled to Nainital in between 22nd to 26th June'13. I would like to convey my heartfelt and sincere thanks to the owner and the entire staff of ‘Hotel Himalaya’ for making our trip a memorable one. They have not only adjusted my numerous request of changing the dates and itinerary, rather make it feel very comfortable throughout our entire stay.
We had the best of the room (Deluxe lake facing room) with an fascinating and awesome view of the lake which I think no other hotel in Nainital offers.

My deepest condolence to all the aggrieved and affected people and families who are affected in the Uttarakhand flood disaster, nevertheless I would like to iterate that Nainital is absolutely safe and secured and the roads are in the best of the condition despite an early arrival of monsoon. The Nainital road from Kathgodam/Haldwani which leads to ‘Hotel Himalaya’ is one of the best I’ve ever drove and a delight to travel.

We hope to make another trip to Nainital soon and definitely we will land up at ‘Hotel Himalaya’ for sure.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dattarijit

Dear Sir,

Its always nice to know that guest are appreciating our efforts to provide better services. Date changes were hardly anything, we were happy to host you in Himalaya at a time when people were shying away from coming to Nainital. We were glad that you came and enjoyed your stay here. That kept our morale high and kept us going in hard times. Thank you.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Staying at this hotel was a terrible experiance for my family. We were planning to stay 2 days in nanital but came back after1 day due to terrible experiance at Himalaya hotel.

We only got false comitments right from start when we were boking this hotel. We were told about mini golf but the place was so dirty with no equipments that you even cant think of golf.

Service, what service? Forget about courtesy and any services while you stay at this hotel.

Facilities - flies, mosquitoes, used towels, broken toilet taps, foul smell from chairs etc etc were the facilities provided.

Food - you cant eat, I promise.

Despite of taling to eveyone at all levels, nothing sorted out. As it was raining a s I was with family I was trapped with hotel management to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not book it online. The reality is exactly opposite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Vijay R
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We booked this hotel online for one night for weekend since second night was sold out. After 14 hours journey we reached hotel at 9 AM and informed the guy over reception about booking. He asked us to wait for 10 minutes stating that room is getting cleaned. We started waiting and watching all the staff laughing and roaming here and there, it looked they had no work. After 20 minutes I reminded them but again they said 10 minutes. After waiting for 45 minutes, I got impatient and asked them for manager but no one was there to help. One of the staff at reception started arguing. Finally after a wait for more than an hour they offered the room.

The room was pathetic, stinking washroom, it wasnt even cleaned, dirty bed sheet and foul smell in room. We could not wait to sleep since we were very tired. When we tried to order breakfast in room they forced us for buffet breakfast which we did not want to do. After we slept, it rained for almost 4 hours and when we got up, there was water coming from roof, we were surprised to see that. Next day we just checked out early morning which took only 2 minutes. We got a better room at half price on mall road which was worth.

They only good thing about the hotel was location and view from room since I booked the lake view room. Its not worth the money you pay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank vaibhav_kh
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked to stay for one night in June 2013. The hotel website said wifi was available but on arrival there was no wifi and no accessible computer. We had an enjoyable complimentary game of mini golf. Our room was relatively clean and very light and airy with a stunning lake view. Breakfast was pretty poor - stale cornflakes, greasy toast and the coffee never arrived. The location was right next to the Tallital bus stop which is useful but meant that the hotel was extremely noisy. Overall it was an adequate hotel but was too expensive for the services provided.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel is near the lake, yet high enough that the traffic horns of India aren't a problem. It has its own mini golf and guests get a free game. Staff were courteous and had the bill ready on time. I didn't eat at the hotel, so I don't know the restaurant quality. Room had windows so that we could get air when the room got a bit hot (we were there in June). They have some parking. I wouldn't mind going back at all. Only drawback is that the housecleaning crew was a bit too laid-back at times, but if we requested something, they took care of it, so even that wasn't too bad. I could return.

Room Tip: I suggest rooms facing the lake and on the third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights .stay was ok ,view is really gud from deluxe lake facing rooms .they have their own parking.variety of food is very limited and service is very slow.Dont go for the brreakfast buffet its pathetic and limited variety.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family