We had a company conference for 3 nights at Jim Corbett, where we stayed in a hotel owned by the same group - Corbett Hideaway. We had an excellent experience there, and had scheduled a day trip to Nainital, where we were supposed to have lunch at Naini Retreat.
All bookings had been done 6 months in advance, and this hotel had promised all cooperation for our Nainital tour. But they were found severely wanting in every matter, and we were very disappointed. There seemed to be complete apathy for our visit, and nothing which was promised was delivered. We were very angry with the lack of attention by the senior staff of the hotel, which ruined our Nainital trip.
The only saving grace was the quality of the food, which was very good. But would not recommend this place to anyone, because of the poor management response to such a large group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wrapped in quiet Himalayas, Nainital is one of India's most elite hill stations. Once the residence of Maharaja of Pilibhit, The Naini Retreat, one of the finest hotels in Nainital, has a majestic building exuding an Old World Charm that houses the most modern luxuries one could ask for. The hotel is one of the finest hotels in Nainital. Furnished with all the modern day amenities, the Hotel blends the world of hospitality with exceptional services for each of its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Naini Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Naini Retreat Hotel Nainital
- Naini Retreat Hotel Nainital