We reached Nainital on the night of 1st May 2013 from Mumbai via Delhi. We were greeted with a chill breeze the moment we stepped the gate of Naini Retreat. Shivered down through some steep steps to reach the reception area which was lit with beautiful earthen lamps and brass pots from where we were guided to our room. The garden area was awesome with a beautiful fountain in the centre, camp fire on one side and a live orchestra playing some old melodious songs. I must admit that the guy has a really sweet voice.
The warmth of the room makes you feel good. We had a garden facing room and could hear the music from the porch. The food and the staff @ the restaurant were very good. The staffs @ Gurney House- the restaurant are very nice. They give individual attention and see to it that we are satisfied with the service. The breeze and the view from the garden are lovely. One can see the mountain top which you can visit by cable cars. Beautiful landscape, gardens in full bloom, cool climate all makes stay @ Naini retreat memorable. It has a very well maintained garden with beautiful flowers of different types and size. My 9 year old son was so happy and excited seeing the flowers that he was out with the camera whenever he got the opportunity. Only after I came back I realized that the camera has more pics of the beautiful garden than any of ours.
The hotel also has a boutique which sells Dress materials, western outfits, handmade woolen garments, accessories, bags etc. We did some shopping from there too. The lady attending you in the boutique is also very down to earth. The only thing I missed having a spa treatment as we stayed for only 3 nights. Though we intended to stay at one of the other hotels managed by Leisure hotels @ Corbett, we did not get the booking and had to come back to Naini, but we did not regret coming back because we were so comfortable with the entire atmosphere and stay here. The only disappointing thing here is the steep steps climbing to the main gate especially for elderly people. Otherwise a 9/10.
In short a memorable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wrapped in quiet Himalayas, Nainital is one of India's most elite hill stations. Once the residence of Maharaja of Pilibhit, The Naini Retreat, one of the finest hotels in Nainital, has a majestic building exuding an Old World Charm that houses the most modern luxuries one could ask for. The hotel is one of the finest hotels in Nainital. Furnished with all the modern day amenities, the Hotel blends the world of hospitality with exceptional services for each of its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your The Naini Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Naini Retreat Hotel Nainital
- Naini Retreat Hotel Nainital