I went to Nanital with my wife and 4 years daughter in first week of july. Looked for couple of hotels in net before going there but was not able to finalize one due to different conflicting reviews about same hotel available on internet.
I decided to hunt for the hotel on arriving at nanital itself. I checked couple of them before finalizing 'The Pavillion"
1) Hotel Krishna -
you have climb stair worth 3 floor to reach hotel from mall road, and another 2 floors to reach your room within hotel, so total 5 floor. didn't worked for my wife.
rooms were ok, were getting lake view for Luxury suite and super deluxe. but for standard deluxe, you have to go to shared balcony for lake view. also carpets were having stink in deluxe rooms. I prefer wooden or marble flooring from cleanliness perspective. not many hotels are able to maintain carpets in good shape.
2) Radha Continental – cheap hotel with not so good location and not well maintained.
3) Royal Hotel –
PRO: Hotel offered free parking, big rooms for genuine price
CON: big room was not structured well. It was old fashioned room with guest room in front, then bed room and then bathroom in single row. Bedroom it felt so stuffy (may work out in winter, when u want cozy rooms, was having fireplace etc). Again carpet stink was there. Manager promised me to give one of the marble flooring room the next day. But one has to settle once for all, nobody has time to keep changing rooms.
4) The Pavilion
PRO: Very calm. Small lawn with play area for kiddies. Well maintained plants, have looks of govt. guest house than hotel. Good view of hills, 300-400 mtrs. away from mall (next to high court). Free parking, parking was just next to my room at second floor. Room was having wooden floor, was clean, as well the towels and bed sheets. Hot water was available (I guess from 7 to 11 AM, that was the period we needed it anyway). Room Service was prompt. utilized it for breakfast only. food was ok. Manager didn’t smile, but was helpful in offering space for keeping my luggage in clock room after checkout.
Con: No lake view, bit away from mall. Walk from mall to hotel is difficult due to steep elevation. Hired taxi after first day’s experience.
All in all, Hotel was not good but not great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pavilion is a family hotel situated in the heart of Nainital. With its parking area, children's park, activity room and open spaces and spacious rooms it is an apt hotel for families and people travelling in smaller groups and also for solo travelers. We have tried to maintain the old world charm of the hotel which was originally build in 1880 and was run by Mrs Pert as a tea parlour. We are proud to run a hotel which had evolved into a landmark which is loved by all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Nainital