“So so”

and 1 more site!
Anamika Hotel
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Nainital
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I visited Nainital on 8th June 2013. I stayed in this hotel.
It's situated very high from Mall road.
The condition of the toilet/bathroom was not good.
And there is no view as it is all blocked by trees.
There will be NO DROP facility from hotel to Mall Road and for picking up you have to wait.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Rishi K

Reviewed April 11, 2013

this was my third visit to Nainital and I stayed again in Hotel Anamika. I find the things well organized and systematic. Hotel Anamika is my regular hotel in Nainital and usually on weekends i find myself there. In my last visit i suggested some points of improvement --which the hotel management had fulfilled. I felt very happy and thought at least the management value the feedback and the suggestion. Rest everything was fine. Being the guest of this hotel i got the best of the services, humble, curtious and well behaved staff. Hotel location i find the best with the car parking. its my best wishes to all the staff and the Management of Hotel Anamika.

Room Tip: super dlx room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank vicky33Delhi
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel boasts about it being a 3 star hotel but in my opinion, it is a 5 star hotel but take is as negative 5 stars. The corridore stinks a lot. The hotels exclaims about the lake view but the trees surrounding thehotel make it impossible. Blankets and bedsheets stink. While going to bed a cockroach was lying under the pillow. They say that it is situated on the upper mall road but believe me that there is no upper mall road in Nainital, one has to climb up hundreds of stairs and reach the heighest hotel-the great hotel anamica. The hotel does not offers any parking, I hadnto park my car on a steep road and prayed to god that my car would not roll down. The beds were too weak to bear our our weight, they were shaking as if an earthquake was strucking the hotel. It was the most horrible hotel , I have ever stayed at.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jatin2099
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was by far the worst hotel in our 2012-2013 trip and one of the most horrendous hotel that I've been unfortunate enough to stay in.

1) Urine stains on the bed sheet and comforter! The room was very dirty as well. Half of the light fixtures did not work.

2) Management and staff were the most unprofessional people in hospitality industry I've seen. They were rude and used abusive language.

3) There are no heaters in the room and they charge 250 extra per day for a heater that barely works.

4) Located on a hill so you'll have to climb more than 100 stairs to get there or arrange for a car which will cost you. And there is no view as it is all blocked by trees.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this overpriced landfill and get a hotel on mall road.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ZeeSoh
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Dear All PLEASE NEVER GO TO THIS HOTEL, this hotel is a ZERO rated hotel and most horrible hotel I have ever seen. Some of the problems and difficulties which I have faced is mentioned below:-

1. The person who is looking operational areas of the hotel but he didn't even know how to talk to a visitor.
2. Please don't go to this hotel as the booking is done in New Delhi and you will be getting the worst hotel at Nainital.
3. We were given pick & drop facility from Kathgodam to Hotel but when we were on the way to Nainital it was told that we should call some transport guy to book the cab ourself.
4. The room were dirty and the bed sheet were not clean and for that we were charged Rs 2000 PER DAY
5. There will be NO DROP facility from hotel to Mall Road and for picking up every time u have to call at hotel to number of person and above that you will get a reply “we don’t have an aeroplane”
6. Dogs will be wondering in the corridor of the hotels even in the morning and afternoon.
7. Hospitality guys were used to shout at 11 P.M in midnight
8. This is the first hotel with no MENU CARD for you.
9. You might be told to shift from one room to another just because of a stupid reason of the intercom not working in the hotel.
10. AFTER ALL THESE PROBLEMS YOU WILL GET THE WORST REPLY FROM OPERATIONAL MANAGER THAT "YOU SHOULD HAVE TO COME TO THIS HOTEL"

I again humbly request you please do not go to this hotel and rest is you own decision. Instead of booking you should book a hotel after reaching Nainital as you will be getting a lot of options over there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Raj_Krishank
Reviewed December 31, 2012

A appreciation shared by our client, that they have a very good experience with Hotel Anamika Nainital & the Food, Room Service, Staff, Hotel Location & the Cost was really the good. We really appreciate the response given while finalizing the Package. We really want people to visit this hotel so that you should yourself feel the experience.... Good place for a weekend........

From: Manish Sharma

Room Tip: Prefer to take Super deluxe rooms with Valley facing balcony.......
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Maneesh S
A TripAdvisor Member
Mumbai
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I booked via internet since I had never been to Naintal, my mistake, as there are many nicer hotels available for the same price, also so I did not realize that the road to the Anamika is not a safe walk after dark for ladies as it is very dark and isolated. Also, unless you like drinking parties you might find, as I did, the stay not suitable. I am grateful to the staff for giving me another room in the evening so that I could escape the loud vulgar party taking place on my same floor. The cleanliness of the rooms was terrible, I am not even sure I got clean sheets or towels :( On the good side, the staff were very willing to do their best to help and their attitude saved my peace of mind.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo