“To Emerald Trail - From a senior citizen”
other travelers have booked this property
Main Unit Reading and library area
Reading and library area
Cozy Bedroom
Living and Dining - Night time
Cherry Trees in Full Bloom
Pumpkin and many such veges grown in our organic garden
Beans from the garden plucked for lunch preparation
Haven for Bird-watchers
Guests helping themselves to home grown strawberries
Dusk at ET
Lazy walk in the pine forest
On the way to the estate
Pond on one side of the property
Kids enjoying plucking wheat from the farm
chilies from organic farms
Badminton Game
Outdoor barbeque
Family camp
Kids enjoying swinging from trees
Activities around Emerald Trail - paragliding
Activities around emerald trail - Rafting
Activities around Emerald Trail - Rapelling
Pet friendly
View from the deck facing the valley
Tenting corner
Entrance of the property
Bedroom
Homestay
Sundown
New Stone unit
Pet Friendly Retreat
Stone Cottage Interiors
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Zarine M
Mumbai, India
“To Emerald Trail - From a senior citizen”
Reviewed October 31, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

When my daughter and son-in-law wanted me to come with them for a holiday in the hills, it was a complete no-no for me. For a senior citizen 80+ years old would be a task.
After much persuasion and after gathering the courage to say yes, we packed up for the train and road trip to Emerald Trail in Bhimtal.
I can vouch and confirm that it would have been indeed foolish of me had I refused the holiday.
The place, serenity, food, staff, ambiance , pets and mother nature all took me by surprise. The photos on the website do not capture the true beauty and the pristine look of Emerald Trail. One has to visit to see.
From the intricate care that the staff took for my smallest needs which included less oil and masala in the dinner and lunch, to escorting me around the large property time and again - it was truly appreciative. Heartfelt thanks to lalit and his team
The book collection in the library is impressive. It kept me engaged long hours in the nice cool temperature and the winter sun.
I can go on and on about the place, but I would truly like to thank Sumit the owner of the property for giving us senior citizens a true homestay. With age we tend to get attached to our homes, and Emerald Trail was such an experience. A home built from the heart. Kudos !!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
sun180
Mumbai, India
“Beware of the stone cottage”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

We rented the stone cottage for the long weekend of 15th august for three nights but decided to leave the very next day because of poor accommodation. The main house was already booked and I was told by the owner Sumith that both the houses are very similar except the wooden flooring and size but can easily accommodate our family of four- two adult and two children. We found the cottage small, bare, ill equipped and dirty. There were two wooden chairs inside and two outside the cottage and a small folding table. The roof was resting on poorly painted yellow coloured wood logs. A small TV was mounted on the wall, nothing else to keep the kids engaged. The décor did not give any rustic or serene feeling. Also there was no separate dining area. We could not even eat dinner together as a family because of lack of space and fear of mosquitoes and insects. The curtains were dirty even to touch. The rug had multiple brown spots on it. Some of the linen was stinking of damp and naphthalene. Surprisingly the staffs were aware of this but were still providing them. They did give me cleaner linen later. Bathroom was bare. No hot water in wash basin, no soap or hand towel. The fireplace was non functional. Within few minutes of starting fire the whole cottage got filled with thick smoke. It was difficult to get the attention of staff. I had to walk several times in rain to the main house as all of them were residing there. Food was simple but delicious. Within few hours of being there, we realized that a vacation should not be like this-walking in rain for bare necessities, eating separately and struggling with damp smell and dirtiness. So we decided to change our accommodation despite paying for 3 nights including extra person's charges. Now I understand why no pics of the stone cottage are posted on the website. Be careful.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: View of mountains
Liked least: Linen
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Sep 3, 2013
" Beware of tricks by competitors .."

Ever since Tripadviosr was declared ' Number One B&B' on the basis of guest reviews , we have been facing a lot of backlash from competition .

It is really hurting them .

They have been trying to send guests to stay at the property so that they can write bad review and tarnish Emerald Trail's reputation .
We try our best to screen such guests , unfortunately this one got through .

Also , Flipkey does not allow the owners the opportunity to respond before the post is uploaded . It allows only after the post .

I guess it is a small price to pay for the success Emerald Trail has achieved in such a short time .
anoopbask...
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“We wished we had stayed longer”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

With 42 out of 43 ratings falling under the Top 2 boxes [yep we are from Service industry :-) ], there must be something good about this unit or so we thought & we were not disappointed. Hence it's 43 out of 44 !!

1. Enquiry for accommodation availability 2 days prior to travel date was very courteously answered in the affirmative by Mr.Sumith Dutta - absolutely no arrogance - Check
2. Rates were very competitive - Check
3. Advance paid & then 1 more family wanted to join - requested Sumith & Check
4. Sumith's advise to travel early morning from Gurgaon instead of late evening the previous day proved very helpful (Youngest member of our team is 3 Months old along with 2 Children below 8) - Check
(Unexpected traffic jam between Moradabad, Rampur, Rudrapur for about 4 hours dented our spirits)
5. A very helpful Lalith, caling us at regular intervals for our whereabouts (even in his Boss's absence) was very nice - Check
6. Lunch was ready at 4:00 PM - Check (Food for a south indian gang was definitely not upto the spice mark...was bland..still not a real issue)
7. Property is very tastefully done - Simple yet elegant - all of us wished for one such by the time we retire :) - Check
(a) Simple and lovely rooms
(b) Very nice collection of books (all genres, including Kids)