Two Chimneys - Pura Stays
$206
$200
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Earl's Court(Nainital)(Great Value!)
$129
Stone Heights(Nainital)
$71
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswimming poolbanoffee piethe studylands endkhao sueywillow suitegames roompool tablewell stocked libraryreading roomburmese cuisinemanager mshome away from homegoatnook and cornercommon areasboard games
Reviewed October 26, 2013

For the last 2 years I have been searching for a cottage in the hills as a holiday home, and had started my journey with my first stay at this property. It only dawned on my last visit to Two Chimneys that I need not have wasted my time, because this is the perfect place. It is a home away from home, with a full complement of staff without the hassle of dealing with the day-to-day problems of running a home. It is also cost effective in the long run.

As always Manju and her team made our stay very comfortable where every request, no matter how farfetched, was met with a smile. Looking forward to going back many more times.

Room Tip: Each room has its own Character.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2chimneys, Owner at Two Chimneys - Pura Stays, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Hi Yatin, what a lovely way of honouring our home! You are welcome back anytime you wish. We ll insure that we have a special deal worked out for you with Manju! Warm regards

Reviewed October 19, 2013

It's all about the location, place, people, food, birds and "Manju".

Visit date: 13-14 Oct 2013

Location: Interestingly, inspite that the house is bang on the road (Kathgodam to Bhowali), the minute you step inside the main entrance you enter a different world. Nestled amidst trees, a small pathway leads to this paradise.

The Place: Is a nice cottage from yesteryears. Thank God! the owners managed to keep it that way. The upholstery, comfy couches, the wooden floor, wide walls between room and the wooden beams on the roof will take you back into the past.

People: There's something about their smile - natural, from the heart touching the soul. My work takes me to places, been to even 7-star properties, but trust me, when they smile they clearly are expecting a tip. The staff here is exceptionally warm and very well mannered. Please don't tip individually, if you want to tip then hand it over to the administrator; they distribute if equally among the entire staff.

Food: The "best" I have in a very very long time. If the owners are listening, you have the greatest cook. Be prepared to put a couple of pounds during your stay! (But it's worth it).

Birds: I am avid birder but this visit wasn't planned as one. Nevertheless, the resident Great Barbet, Khalij Pheasant and Magpie gave us a personal visit. If the owners could plant trees that attract more birds, this place will become a heaven :-)

"Manju": Manju and I spoke first time 2 years back when I chanced upon their site. Since then I planned to visit a couple of times again but it never materialised somehow. She's a wonderful host, and all the time we were there she made us feel like a house guest than customers. She made sure she understood our personal preferences and suggested things to do accordingly. She around all the time to cater to the guests needs.

The common areas of the house have carom, snakes and ladder, ludo, etc. for some special time with your loved on. Games room has a TT table, Pool table and a TV. There's a small pool as well.

I want to thank everyone at Two Chimneys for the wonderful job these are guys are doing, and a special thanks to Manju for taking such good care of us and making my visit so comfortable and relaxing.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and tastefully done. We stayed at the First things which has a 10ft feet (yes, actually) + an additional queen bed on the attic. Deodar and Willow suite are good for people with grown up kids.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wilson_and_Wanderer

Hi, thank you for the happy detailed thoughts. When we bought the place there were just five trees on the entire estate, so it's been an absolute delight seeing the place green up. The babblers love the fig tree rising out of the Study loo and the red billed blue magpies prefer the wild jamun on the walk below the pool and the front lawns, the barbet is always on the cork tree in the front - but your review has inspired us to do a detailed study of which trees are preferred by which birds!
Our staff is our joy - they truly are warm sincere people and we are blessed to have them, it always warms our hearts that they ve grown and made better lives for themselves with us.
Manju of course is a force of nature! Please do be back with us and hope its not two years in the planning this time.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Its a very nice a place to stay..good people..excellent service and very good food..will again visit very soon...Mrs.Manju is very nice and polite and makes u feel at home..ambience is good..nainital is very accessible..

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank saamarthya
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Two Chimneys for three nights. The property is beautiful and the location, scenic. But for us, the food at Two Chimneys was the highlight of our stay. The pahari mutton and banoffee pie was brilliant (droooool....). Manju and her staff were really cooperative. Thanks for everything manju :)!!!!

Room Tip: My friend and I stayed in Willow. It's a beautiful room with a cute little balcony. It's perfect for a family of four. I also love First things.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RitikaChopra28
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Were wowed by the property n it's location....had gone in end September for 2 nights....enjoyed every bit of the property hats off for the excellent upkeep of property...every room is a different experience n found the staff extremely cooperative n friendly....definitely worth the experience home away from home kinds....highlight was the poolside breakfast....would congratulate Manu for her help on passage and nothing n everything required there....definitely must visit....

Room Tip: First things if 3 or more pax
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family