The Manu Maharani Hotel, Nainital
$53
$110
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The Earl's Court(Nainital)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
Balrampur House(Nainital)
$88
Agoda.com
All reviewsf b managerterrace roomclub roomlobby levela great experience stayinghousekeeping staffspecial thanks to mrkids play areaexcellent hotelhigh courthouse keepingbreakfast and dinnerevery guestdrop serviceluxury hotelhill stationthe hotel offers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I booked 3 rooms to stay with my family starting from the 15th August 2013 for 4 nights. It was one of the most amazing and memorable stays I have ever had in a hotel. As everyone has a weakness, mine is to stay in hotels very frequently. Out of hundreds of hotels that I have stayed, in India and across the world surprisingly this was actually amongst the top 5 in terms of service and customer satisfaction. Right from the booking done directly through Mr. Avtar Singh (Very professional and an excellent person) to the check in, to the room service, to the gym, to the spa, to the complimentary pick and drop, everything was just perfect. Each staff member was extremely humble, polite and always greeted every guest with a smile.

Most importantly MR. RAWAT the F&B MANAGER is someone every hotel would dream to have as an employee. His personal involvement throughout the breakfast till dinner was remarkable. His involvement beyond the F&B with the guests was also amazing. He made sure that every guest (believe me when I say every guest I really mean it) having their meals were served to perfection and pampered. His training to his staff is very clear, that no guest shall leave unsatisfied or unhappy. The staff also exceeded my expectations as they would come instantly to serve you at the table whenever you would get up for an extra helping of any dish or breads. They would also go an extra way to try and fulfill your request for a specific dish which might not be on the buffet menu. I should not forget to mention the Chef Mr. MS Rana whom I didn't meet personally but his preparations either from ala carte or in buffet were finger licking. It seems they obviously enjoy their work together as a team.

I went personally to check all other top rated hotels in Nainital namely Shervani, Alka, Grand etc, but found this hotel to be the best property. The only plus point with Alka and Grand was their lake view. Will strongly recommend Manu Maharani to everyone as it has the best/modern rooms and is very well maintained and delivers high levels of customer satisfaction.

"The experience was so amazing that I tell my friends, I went to Manu Maharani and not to Nainital"

Special compliments to Mr. Rawat, Mr. Avtar Singh and the entire F&B team for their excellence.

Room Tip: Take the premium rooms on the higher floors preferably 3rd which is the top most floor having the best view of the lake. The 4 terrace rooms on the lower level are awesome if you can spend a bit extra, as there is a personal terrace for you to party and enjoy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank libash
TheManuMaharani, General Manager at The Manu Maharani Hotel, Nainital, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you wonderful comments regarding your stay here at The Manu Maharani Nainital. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our Staff provided great service. I will certainly share your comments with Rajender Rawat, Mor Singh Rana, Avtar Singh and the rest of our Staff. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Nainital

Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was my first visit to Nainital with my office colleagues and our stay in the hotel was awesome. The location adds more charm, as most of the rooms are lake view rooms, so you can enjoy the view and the weather while sitting in your room. The staff is really supporting and courteous. The food was incredible. I will prefer to stay in the hotel again with my family.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
TheManuMaharani, General Manager at The Manu Maharani Hotel, Nainital, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Ms. Akanksha:

Greeting from The Manu Maharani, Nainital !!!

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We at The Manu Maharani, Nainital value your patronage and sincerely look forward to your next visit to serve you. Your valuable feedback will be shared with respective team members.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had been to this place a year ago. We did not book it in advance and reached there to find it full. But we had a little luck and found a room (the front manager told us so).The hotel was good, the rooms too were good and the food (breakfast and dinner) which was included in the package was superb.There was an offer going on in that period of time of which we were not fully aware of. There were some coupons that were given for two nights stay. But since we had checked in at last minute and were not aware of that offer. The front manager conveniently kept the coupon to himself. When we later came to know about the offer and enquired about it, we came to know that the front manager offered to hand it over to us himself and kept it with him midway. After throwing a ruckus for a day he said that we can use those facility although he refused to give us any coupons. But by that time it was time for us to leave and we did not benefit from the offer. It left us with a bitter after taste because of the front managers this sort of sleightness.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Pooja_more
TheManuMaharani, Director of Sales at The Manu Maharani Hotel, Nainital, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Ms. Pooja:

Greeting from The Manu Maharani, Nainital !!!

Your valuable feedback was shared with respective team members, however would like to inform you that we did not have any coupon promotion in our hotel during that duration. We are professional hotel, work with in frame work of all necessary accounting procedures.

We are sorry for the confusion caused.

Once more, thank you for your feedback and we do hope to make your next stay a memorable one.
Pawan Kumar.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

It's quite a walk up but if you have a car then that's not an issue. The hotel itself is quite presentable an the rooms are clean and neat. The view isn't that spectacular but it's better than staying bang opposite mall road. Food is good and other facilities like salon and spa are at par with some of the finest in the country.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Irfan K
TheManuMaharani, Front Office Manager at The Manu Maharani Hotel, Nainital, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Irfan:

Avtar Singh

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My experience in Manu Maharani was just splendid barring the exit experience where out of no where they charged me extra money as there was an Article missing in the room and believe me they were ready to open the luggage as well. At the time of check-in no one showed us anything in the room but at the time of exit there were three to four staff members checking this and that. One staff member told me that i have consumed something from the refrigerator and was insistent but later on after ten minutes another person came and told him that the said product was not provided in the room at all. Later on the same person told me that there is an article missing in the room. I was travelling with five families and since i wanted to avoid the embarrassment i had to shell out Rs500/- which was really disgusting. The staff sucks, so my sincere advise is that at the time of check in , kindly see if they have provided everything to you.

Room Tip: Take the lake view as the other view of the room faces the generators and parking
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank mukulsharma1812
TheManuMaharani, General Manager at The Manu Maharani Hotel, Nainital, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Mr Sharma,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent experience with us. We very much appreciate the feedback you provided as it has certainly given us an insight into areas we can improve.

We are concerned and disappointed to read of your experience during check out, which we are addressing and flagging off as matter of grave concern. Let me assure you that the level of service that you have highlighted is not the standard of service that we are renowned for.

I would like to apologize to you and hope that we do have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Best regards