“Enjoyed my stay at the Hotel City Heart”
Review of Hotel City Heart

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nainital
Hotel City Heart
Ranked #20 of 109 Nainital B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Nice place to stay while in Nainital. Rooms were a little small but clean. Hotel Staff and the owner went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. Great view of the Lake from our Balcony on the Third Floor. We took advantage of having them cook us Dinner and eating on the Top Floor as Night Fell and the Lights of the town lit up the Lake.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Drum_the_Way

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is located near the Mall road at the end of the road near the Bank of Baroda ATM. We have to climb the hill to reach the hotel but it is completly worth it as the view of the lake is excellent.

They have 3 types of rooms one on the terrace with a nice restaurtant and the rooms are good. Than on the 2nd floor with a private terrace and a very good view of the lake.

1st floor is private and that is where the owners are living.

The bed is comfortable with a good, neat and clean bathroom. Hot water is also available all the time with a good shower. It also has good LED tv's.

It is a very nice place to stay if you can climb some stairs.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the top it is cheaper and one has a good balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nitesh-Xplorer
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hello all,

I have visited HCH a few days ago and this is a true city's heart.

Thanks to the amazing staff and hospitality provided by the Hotel City Heart Heart to us. The amazing view and the environs around the hotel is just awesome.

I recommend this hotel to the mid-size budget best hotels in Nainital and also would really recommend this to all my friends here in Bruxelles.

Regards

Gerrad

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are amazingly quiet and provide the best view of the town
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank shadyrecrds
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel is situated in Nainital close to mall area. a little on a hill, so view of the view of the lake is beautiful. Situated near mall makes it very easy to travel to various restaurants. Also the lake and naina devi temple. Rooms are a little smaller, but comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kanchan M
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The owner and staff at City Heart Hotel went out of their way to help me during my stay.
I am travelling across India by motorbike and on to Nepal.The City Heart Hotel was a rest stop to relax plus fix a few things on my bike. The staff helped me solve the few problems with the bike plus taught me to cook Onion Paratha. The staff are great (make sure you give them a tip).
The owner was very knowledgeable about the border crossing at Banbasa into Nepal and let me know what to do as a foreigner with a motorbike I purchased in Mumbai.
The hotel is close to town, quiet. The roof top restaurant has great food and the rooms have a nice feel about them.
I'm a 38yo Australian guy.

Room Tip: Chat to the owner he sort you out with what you want.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kevin A
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was on my long trip across India. After my Pindari Glacier Trek, I decided to go to Nainital to chill out for a week. After reading various guide books, I decided to stay at Hotel City Heart - for a 'great view'. And, boy, I was not disappointed. The manager was very friendly and helpful.

It being low season, I took the lake view room on 2nd floor at a bargain price. The room decor was OK, not great. What I like most is the wonderful view of Nainital town and lake right from the bed and the balcony, a good place to sit back and read. The spacious rooftop view is even better.

I didn't try their food as there are the good Machan Restaurant and the average Embassy nearby.

Room Tip: Go for the full view lake room. Cost a bit more, but worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed in City Heart because of the good reviews and I am glad I did. The rooms are clean, I had a nice lake view, and there was hot water in the morning, plus blankets. I was sick for a few days (not from their food though, which is really nice) and i needed to spend a few days just relaxing in bed in the hotel room. There was cable TV so I watched several English movies. Mr. Pratham the manager was worried about me and kept checking up to make sure I was OK and suggesting treatments and food to eat and not to eat. When I was well enough I went for walks round Nainital, which is very pretty with lots of local bazaars to explore, plus boating on the lake, a cable car, and nice local walks. Mr. Pratham will spend all night talking to you about philosophy and Pink Floyd if thats your bag.
When I left he made up a special itinerary for me to see the best sights on my way to Kathgodam to catch the train. Dont miss the special "bell temple".
Rooms were slighty more expensive than I have recently been paying but maybe Nainital is more expensive, I dont know.
Anyways, I would stay here again yes.

Room Tip: There are a range of rooms of different quality and price so have a look at them all before choosing...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo