“Great View at Reasonable Price”
Review of Hotel City Heart

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nainital
Hotel City Heart
Ranked #30 of 103 Nainital B&B and Inns
Male
“Great View at Reasonable Price”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was on my long trip across India. After my Pindari Glacier Trek, I decided to go to Nainital to chill out for a week. After reading various guide books, I decided to stay at Hotel City Heart - for a 'great view'. And, boy, I was not disappointed. The manager was very friendly and helpful.

It being low season, I took the lake view room on 2nd floor at a bargain price. The room decor was OK, not great. What I like most is the wonderful view of Nainital town and lake right from the bed and the balcony, a good place to sit back and read. The spacious rooftop view is even better.

I didn't try their food as there are the good Machan Restaurant and the average Embassy nearby.

Room Tip: Go for the full view lake room. Cost a bit more, but worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed in City Heart because of the good reviews and I am glad I did. The rooms are clean, I had a nice lake view, and there was hot water in the morning, plus blankets. I was sick for a few days (not from their food though, which is really nice) and i needed to spend a few days just relaxing in bed in the hotel room. There was cable TV so I watched several English movies. Mr. Pratham the manager was worried about me and kept checking up to make sure I was OK and suggesting treatments and food to eat and not to eat. When I was well enough I went for walks round Nainital, which is very pretty with lots of local bazaars to explore, plus boating on the lake, a cable car, and nice local walks. Mr. Pratham will spend all night talking to you about philosophy and Pink Floyd if thats your bag.
When I left he made up a special itinerary for me to see the best sights on my way to Kathgodam to catch the train. Dont miss the special "bell temple".
Rooms were slighty more expensive than I have recently been paying but maybe Nainital is more expensive, I dont know.
Anyways, I would stay here again yes.

Room Tip: There are a range of rooms of different quality and price so have a look at them all before choosing...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DigitalisPurpurea
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed for 5 weeks on a long birding trip to the subcontinent. Very helpful & friendly staff. Great vegetarian meals with a good choice on menu. Superb views from room. Room clean though got cold when snow came but always had hot water bottles provided. Reasonable priced. Close to all the towns facilities with excellent walking/birding trails around the hotel and town. Management very helpful when we needed dentist after accidental fall when walking. Would be my first choice if we visited Nainital again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RabandAli
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I traveled to Nainital on a short notice on a pleasure trip along with my family. Since school holiday season had started, it was difficult to get booking in a good (read reputed) hotel. Finally I got a room booked in this hotel for 4 nights. I was very apprehensive about the quality of the hotel room and its food but all my doubts were quelled once I checked in and spent spent time there.
To begin with, the hotel is located at a very convenient location: just a 5-minute walk (in fact a short climb) from the fag end of "The Mall" in Mallital.
The staff is very courteous and takes care of guests as they would do for personal guests. I was overwhelmed by their hospitality. They would check with me about my meals so many times that at times it seemed to be bugging but I appreciated their genuine concern. The rooftop restaurant has a breathtaking view of Naini lake with the in-house chef churning out all kinds of cuisine as per your palate and taste. You can alternately give him the creative freedom and he will cook up one of his specialties for you. The hotel has dormitory accommodation at nominal charges for drivers if you are going there with one.
The rooms are small but pretty spacious given the fact that the hotel is on a hill station where availability of land for building construction is at a premium. The room I got (Deluxe Room/ Suite No. 5) was divided into two parts with a thick curtain partition. The outer part had a 2-seater sofa set with a wall mounted mini TV set with cable connection. 2 extra plastic chairs were also provided for additional guests. Across the partition was a double bed with a dresser alongside and a small reading table and a stool. Then there was this very plush and spacious bathroom with running hot water and (hold your breath) a bath tub thrown in. One can't ask for more from a less-known hotel which was never there on your list to begin with.
The view from the balcony in front of the room is breathtaking to say the least. there is a 2-seater tea table in front of the room on the balcony and you can spend your time feasting your eyes on the scenic beauty while sipping on whatever you feel like drinking. Liquor is not permitted for want of a license.
In case you want to go around for a sight seeing trip around Nainital, the management will be gracious enough to arrange for a taxi or a guide or both if you give them a day's notice.
I had a driver with me and the hotel provided him separate accommodation at very nominal charges.
All in all, I will rate the place very highly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher levels have a better view of the lake.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank AshTheWiz
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed May 15, 2012

City heart is an amazing hotel.the staff is very courteous & friendly.The roof top view of naini lake is so beautiful.Food and service is excellent.The management of hotel and staff is very good.Situated in the heart of the city,it really is a great place to relax and spend a rememberable vacation with your family.

1 Thank shivam0390
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed May 13, 2012

A very good Hotel with a Superb view of Naini Lake. The Room we had was spacious and pretty. Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner were amazing. Friendly staffs, Quiet place, Amazing food , Amazing Reception that's all you need . I wont mind spending a month here with my family.
As many people have written before , City Heart is a place where you would definitely come and recommend it to your friends. Thanks for making our stay pleasant and a memorable one !!.

Noida
Reviewed May 10, 2012

City heart is a place with amazing vibes. The hospitality is commendable. The staff was helpful and homely. Great food and lake view. Roof top night view is simply breathtaking. Definitely a treat for all the travelers. We were also guided by the management to explore the city which worked out very well for us.