This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in in my time in central America. I had only planned on staying one night to go to the food fair and waterfalls but stayed longer as it was so lovely and there is plenty to do in the area.
- amazing powerful showers with both hot (like actually hot!) and cold taps in all rooms
- proper solid beds with nice mattresses in the dorm room
- lovely courtyard perfect for relaxing in
- opportunity for guided trips in the region. I did the Laguna Verde one which I highly recommend. The 7 waterfalls got rave reviews too. Guides were lovely and I think they always use the same group of brothers
- Patty & Maria were super friendly, fun and helpful. Cesar and his wife who both speak english weren't around as much ( I understand they have a small baby) but cesar was very helpful and available on the phone if needed.
The kitchen is tiny but well equipped and they have cheap water refills. Breakfast was delicious!
No complaints at all about this place :-)