“Awesome staff and food”

Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in Juayua
Quebec, Canada
“Awesome staff and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very affordable food with very friendly staff! I had big shrimps with rice, salad and all for about 6$. The waiter was vey patient cause I did not have my dictionnary and couldn't understand part of the menu. Went back and forth showing us what was some ingredients. Liuados are amazing there! Nice view at the Parque central! We went back for lunch the next day :)

Visited January 2013

Canada
“Food was okay, but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

We ate at Tienda San Jose on our trip to Juayua this week.

The restaurant is nice looking, lots of art and open Juliet balconies onto the street. There were two men seated at the bar drinking, and being quite loud, however, and disrupting our experience, as well as an unbelievably squeaky drawer where the money was kept that was opened and shut over and over again. To give you an idea, the noise literally sounded like cats fighting, and that's what I thought it was until my boyfriend pointed the drawer out.

The food was decent, but nothing amazing. I had the fish. It was a whole fish (red snapper) cooked the way it often is in El Salvador. The fish was okay, but a little bit pricey. It came with grilled veggies done with some sort of a curry sauce. They were pretty good. The rice was not good at all, it was coated in oil, and had little natural taste to it anymore. I hardly ate any of it.

My boyfriend ordered the chicken breast, which he seemed to enjoy. It came with veggies, tortillas, rice, and beans, as they were out of sausage and substituted the chicken breast for him.

We might eat here again, but we would probably look to explore other restaurants in the area before we did.

• Visited March 2012