“Great family holiday with bikes”
Review of Pure Mountains

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berchules
Pure Mountains
Lyndhurst, United Kingdom
“Great family holiday with bikes”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We are a family of 4 including two sixteen year olds with very different cycling abilities. We had a fabulous holiday with Jenny and Tim who were excellent hosts. Delicious cooking from Gilly, circus skills from Beth, yoga with Jim and driving support from Jeena all served to make sure we were fully entertained and catered for. The cycling was amazing with a great range of terrains and suitable options for all. We had a fab time with a similarly minded family who we spent our week with.
This holiday comes highly recommended. Go for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just returned from a short week at Pure Mountains with my 15 year old daughter. Tim and Jenny were excellent hosts with a real eye for the detail that makes a good riding holiday. They took great are to judge the ability of all in the group on the first day and then tailored the riding accordingly. There was never any pressure to ride something you weren't totally happy with, and climbs could be shortened by hopping in to the Land Rover! Plenty of time for stops and drinks and the lunches out on the trail were fantastic. For us most of our height gain happened before lunch, then descending after lunch either back to the farmhouse or a local village and pick-up. Evening meals were fab, a real highlight. Very useful skills session too using their pump track. Special mention must go to trail dogs Lucy and Jimmy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The whole holiday has to be described as an experience and what an experiece!
My first concern was I'm not fit enough as we ascended to the beuatiful farm house above the clouds. Even with the differing levels within the group Tim and Jenny soon made it apparent that no pace was too slow or fast, helped by the fact that each day you return to the farm and not location to location. With just the right amount or encouragement those climbs were soon achieved...and down hills were fantastic, some times technical but with their knowledge of the area the technical stuff was now becoming easier. A little coaching, a little encouraging and I'm hooked. The hire bike was so amazing I bought it, as it became my companion down single tracks I couldn't of imagined or dreamed I'd be cycling. I went on my own and the group were brilliant company helped along by the fantastic food and drink (not too much mind it's soon morning!!)
I can't thank everyone enough, including Lucy and Jimmy!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a fantastic week of mountain biking in a beautiful setting with excellent catering. Tim and Jenny managed to cater for a mixed ability group so we all enjoyed the week. I shall miss riding round the corner to find my lunch laid out for me!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

A amazing week enduro week at Pure Mountain with many nice trials with excellent service. The stay gives you both acending and descending with high quality.
It suites both beginners and experienced bikers. If you can match your competence with the group you will probably get the best out of the week.

• Stayed April 2013
Glasgow
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Back again (3rd visit) to Pure Mountains this year for a coaching week with pro-rider Neil Donoghue. The scenery, food, accommodation and people were of the usual outstanding standard, but the big difference this time was the coaching. Having never had any tuition in 22 years of riding it was a real eye opener to have a pro take you through the fundamentals of trail riding, correct your bad habits and teach you new skills. It has genuinely changed the way I ride a bike and given me lots to practice. Typically coaching was in the mornings and then after lunch we went out on the trails to put our new skills to the test. Hard days, but it just makes the beer taste all the better in the evenings. Will be back next year for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nik H
Edinburgh
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just completed the "tricky Trails" 4-day mountain bike holiday with Tim and Jenny of Pure Mountains. These guys really know how to make an ace holiday - a superb mixture of tricky trails (up and down) in the day and awesome food, recovery time and smashin' chats with other guests next to the wood-burning fire in the evening. Altho this is their 10th season (I think) the beds are still very comfortable, rooms in A1 condition with everything kept so clean. A absolute pleasure of a trip and I can't wait to go again next year, or even later this year if I can fit it in with work. The trails were genuinely tricky as I crashed out on day 2 so felt like I got what I came for! Thank-you Tim and Jenny

Room Tip: My tip here would be to take a pair of slippers along (it's not just my age I promise) as the fl...