Just returned form a week staying at Spiti Prifti (translates to 'home of the Prifti's - says it all!!)
Eleni Prifti takes care of the general day to day running of the place. She does this with genuine passion and cares dearly for the happiness of all her guests.
We asked for a harbour view and that's what we got. Friends of ours also booked a few months after we did and they were allocated the room next to us. Nothing is too much trouble for Eleni, she arranged for a taxi to meet us when we landed - the driver was waiting for us as we walked out of the arrivals area inside the airport building. When the taxi dropped us off Eleni came running out to meet us, took us to our apartment and chatted with us explaining the layout of the grounds, good local places to eat, bus routes etc etc etc.
Glynis runs the pool bar during the day - and yep she does remember everyone’s names - also what they like to drink, if they have ice, even if they have a straw or not. She takes time to speak to everyone and obviously loves what she does.
Spiti is a simple place, lovely large pool, lovely gardens and lovely staff. The food is good value for money and well prepared. The place is laid back, you quickly get to know other guests and everyone was always very friendly.
Gouvia is a short walk, has loads of places to eat and drink - including traditional Greek, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, we also went to a 'Motown night' at a bar which was real fun. In the opposite direction is a smaller village which is slightly quieter than Gouvia with some lovely traditional taverna's.
Eleni came out to the taxi with us when we left which I thought was very nice, we were sad to be leaving which is always a true sign of how good a holiday is.
We have a holiday already booked elsewhere next year, but I will do my best to return back to Spiti also and know that there will be a great welcome from Eleni, Glynis and the rest of the wonderful staff. Thank you for making our holiday brilliant!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spiti Prifti offers 20 beautiful self-catering holiday apartments set in 8.000 Square metres of stunning gardens in the village of Gouvia. Our resort is ideal for families and couples looking for a relaxing and friendly holiday option. All our apartments are furnished with flair and style and fully equipped to a high standard. They are fully equipped throughout for the perfect family holiday. We offer a wonderful range of amenities including: Fully operational kitchen, with refrigerator, microwave, oven with grill, kettle, coffee machine and toaster. Bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Individually controlled air-conditioning units in the bedrooms, and Balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Spiti Prifti Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spiti Prifti Apartments Gouvia
- Spiti Prifti Apartments Corfu/Gouvia