Just come back from 2 weeks at Spiti Prifti. We had the best time we've ever had in a self-catering apartment in Greece or anywhere else.
We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was very well equipped - kitchen with fridge, microwave, small oven/grill with three rings, toaster, kettle and filter coffee maker. Both bedrooms have air conditioning which is very efficient. One bedroom had two single beds and the other had single beds which had cushions to make them into a comfy settee. There was plenty of storage space in both bedrooms. There was a safe in the wardrobe and we had a lovely balcony with 4 chairs and a table and a washing rack. The bathroom had a shower, sink and loo and there was always lots of hot water. Clean sheets and towels were provided every other day and the apartment was cleaned every day but Sunday.
The two story apartment blocks are set in beautiful mature gardens with lots of trees, shrubs and flowering plants. The snack bar/restaurant is set at the side of the immaculately clean pool, which is lit up at night.
The food in the snack bar is first class - a limited menu, but very well cooked offerings, with the occasional additional special such as moussaka.
Its an easy walk into Gouvia and Kontakali where there are a number of restaurants, if you fancy a change of view/menu. The marina is also a couple of minutes walk away and is lovely to walk round in the evenings, looking at the magnificent boats.
There are 2 mini markets a couple of minutes walk away and a lovely baker just across the side road.
There's a bus stop just outside the front entrance and you can take the bus to Corfu and to other interesting places around the coast.
What really makes Spiti Prifti extra special is Eleni and her staff - especially Glynis and Babis who look after the snack bar/restaurant (Glynis by day and Babis by night). Nothing is too much trouble
for any of them.
There is only 1 slight drawback and that is that the property is alongside a main road and there is a bit of traffic noise during the day, but actually you soon get used to it - and the cicadas are often so loud that they drown out the road noise.
We spent most of the time sunbathing and relaxing, but we did go into Corfu town one evening which is lovely - gorgeous shops, windy streets and lovely little tavernas. We also had a day boat-trip with Captain Spyros to Kassiopi, which was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spiti Prifti offers 20 beautiful self-catering holiday apartments set in 8.000 Square metres of stunning gardens in the village of Gouvia. Our resort is ideal for families and couples looking for a relaxing and friendly holiday option. All our apartments are furnished with flair and style and fully equipped to a high standard. They are fully equipped throughout for the perfect family holiday. We offer a wonderful range of amenities including: Fully operational kitchen, with refrigerator, microwave, oven with grill, kettle, coffee machine and toaster. Bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Individually controlled air-conditioning units in the bedrooms, and Balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Spiti Prifti Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spiti Prifti Apartments Gouvia
- Spiti Prifti Apartments Corfu/Gouvia