After searching for days on the internet of places to go for a short break I kept on coming back to Spiti Prifti. Well what can I say... it exceeded our expectations.
I was traveling for my 40th birthday with my friend, leaving the husband and children at home and we wanted somewhere relaxing and small. From the moment we arrived (by Taxi which Eleni arranged for us) we were treated like old friends.
We arrived late at night to a spotlessly clean room with water, milk and cake in the room. We had opted for a studio and the room was a very good size with small but well equipped Kitchen and decent shower room.
We popped to the pool bar and ate a medley of the starters/side orders which were very tasty. Babis was very welcoming. The following morning we ate breakfast by the pool and Glynnis was again very welcoming and a mine of information on the area. We then made our way back to our room where Eleni greeted us like old friends, making sure we were happy with everything.
Eleni and her staff are very hard working, they are constantly cleaning, making sure everyone is happy and generally creating a home from home atmosphere. I have never been somewhere that they genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs so much.
Gouvia is a lovely village with lots of places to eat, drink and shop. We also walked through the Marina (turn right instead of towards Gouvia) and found the quaintest little village with a handful of bars and Tavernas) It was here we had a lovely meal with retsina and it was only 16 euros!! It was run by a little old Greek couple who were so lovely.
On 2 nights we caught the bus from outside the apartments to the Magical Old Corfu town. Corfu Old town is definitely worth a visit, it is so pretty and baring in mind we were 2 ladies on our own we felt completely safe wondering the streets taking in the delights of what was on offer there.
We spent most of our time by the pool, relaxing in the dappled shade of the trees. It made a change not to have to fight for sunloungers as on previous holidays. There was a mix of guests, most of which had children ranging from about 4 up to 16, all the children were well behaved and polite and seemed to be enjoying themselves - a real credit to the parents.
You must (and I cant stress this enough) go on the BBQ boat trip. Spiros who runs the trip is so funny and took us to the most amazing beaches and caves and the water was so clear, we paid 25 euros which included drinks and a wonderful BBQ on a beach only accessible by boat.
I don't tend to return to a holiday destination more than once as there are so many places in the world to see, however on this occasion I will be making an exception as I will be taking the rest of my family back to experience the delights of Spiti Prifti and what the gorgeous island of Corfu has to offer.
Thank you Eleni, Babis and Glynnis for making my 40th so special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spiti Prifti offers 20 beautiful self-catering holiday apartments set in 8.000 Square metres of stunning gardens in the village of Gouvia. Our resort is ideal for families and couples looking for a relaxing and friendly holiday option. All our apartments are furnished with flair and style and fully equipped to a high standard. They are fully equipped throughout for the perfect family holiday. We offer a wonderful range of amenities including: Fully operational kitchen, with refrigerator, microwave, oven with grill, kettle, coffee machine and toaster. Bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Individually controlled air-conditioning units in the bedrooms, and Balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Spiti Prifti Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spiti Prifti Apartments Gouvia
- Spiti Prifti Apartments Corfu/Gouvia