Popi Star
$104
Louvre Hotel(Gouvia)(Great Value!)
$28
  • Pool
Molfetta Beach Hotel(Gouvia)(Great Value!)
$74
$62
Paradise Hotel Corfu(Gouvia)(Great Value!)
$66
$50
  • Pool
Iliada Beach Hotel(Gouvia)(Great Value!)
$57
$55
  • Breakfast included
Spiti Prifti Apartments(Gouvia)(Great Value!)
$75
Travelocity
$87
TripAdvisor
All reviewspebble beachfree internetnice basic hotelcorfu towncoffee machinehot waterfree safeyogurta nice place to staycleaned daily and towelsair conchanged everydayboiled eggsshort walkrooms are largehotel is situatedgouvia marina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2014

What can I say, I have stayed here at least 2 times a year,for many years rooms always spotless always helpful staff and ample breakfast bar.
April 2014 I am paying £58 for single occupancy in a twin room with breakfast. If I want 5* I will pay £580 a week I want a clean bed to sleep in a resort I love

Room Tip: rooms depend on board garden views are more quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Steven L
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel for a week with my partner, booked online, looked nice... not nice at all! First of all when we pulled up on the coach outside the first thing we said was 'hope this isn't ours' awful. Nothing what it looked like on the photos. As we got inside the staff were friendly enough, we went to our room and we was so depressed we had to laugh or we would of cried! Our view was a half of a building which a homeless man slept on the stone floor of it every night! The pool was awful and there was never anyone around it, I've had paddling pools bigger! And now the food, well thank god we didnt go all inclusive because it was disgusting with hardly any choice. We spent more money on eating out because we wouldn't eat there. I don't know what we would of done if it was longer than the week. I have no idea how people can give this hotel a good review, the hotel website is something else. Not what we expected at all! Plus for the money we paid we was well ripped off!! on the other hand gouvia is a nice chilled out place with nice beaches would definately go back there apart from the one annoying guy who tried to drag us in his restaurant every night but suppose you get them everywhere. I have been on plenty of holidays and never wrote a review, I am not a moaner.. but this one I had to. MINGING!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank wybfd
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I arrived at this hotel at 12 midnight and there was a chap on reception waiting for me with full instructions of the breakfast and everything. He was not the happiest of peeps but at that time of night ....................... Bar was open 'till 1.30am so that was a plus.

The rooms were spacious and basic but had a television with cable, a fridge and a free safe. The beds were very comfortable and all was clean. Maybe a bit tired but clean. The bathroom was functional and also very clean.

Ladies came in everyday and the sheets and towels were changed regularly.

Breakfast was the usual cereal, yoghurt, fruit, meat and cheese, bread and preserves and cake. I heard someone ask for porridge and the waiter went and got some! Basic but something for everyone and a buffett so you can eat as much as you like. Unlimited teas, coffee and juice also available.

The pool is a nice size but I'm not sure how this would be in July/August - also nice sunbeds but not many for the size of the hotel. Gardens pleasant with chairs and tables that could be used with the pool bar that was closed by the time I got there.

Overall the hotel was great value for what I paid - nice seating area downstairs and free internet, very nice bar area and close to shops, cafes and a short stroll to the beach - which is stoney but lovely - for a peaceful area keep walking along towards the marina.

A must is to visit Choco the bakery - great pastries, savoury pies and the best bagettes!!! Also Mythos Restaurant is very good value and great food.

Overall a great holiday and would definately go back

Room Tip: I was in 311 and mine and 312 & 313 would have a balcony view of a roof! I didn't mind cause I could see the hills around and other gardens. Some of the lower ground floor rooms have terraces that are adjoining the garden so would be overlooked by residents using the pool and pool bar.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Suze04
Reviewed October 6, 2013

You get what you pay for, and at £10 a night this is a super little hotel. Very clean, the maids came in every day, clean sheets and towels every second day. The room had two signal beds, a TV a fridge, and a free safe, and the bathroom had a good strong shower. I was in the basement, which is dark if the lights are not on, but the room opens out onto a private courtyard. The hotel is close to a beach, but the sea looked murky, and it is pebbles, l preferred Kontokall Beach, a mile south, it was very clean. and the tiny bar served local wine and fresh sardines (see photo)
Got around by pushbike 3 to 4 euros a day.
Gouvia is a nice little place, plenty of good restaurant and bars for all tastes, Spent most of my time in The Drunken Duck, with Kostas, and the great Greek folk musicians.
So if you just want a simple clean little 80;s hotel with breakfast (Bread, ham, cheeses, yogurt, tined fruit, and coffee) can recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank thedarkroom
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Well what can say, not a lot, I wouldn't put my dog in the pool , let alone my children, and we had to move rooms half way through our holiday, which was very rude the way we was told, don't stay their

• Stayed: August 2013