“Friendly and helpful”

Paradise Hotel Corfu
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Gouvia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband, mum and I recently returned from a last minute week to Corfu and we were fortunate to stay at the Paradise Hotel in Gouvia. The hotel is an excellent place to stay to visit Gouvia and the surrounding area and only 20 minutes from Corfu Airport. The Paradise is kept very clean and to a high standard and you couldn't get a better pool with fantastic views as the hotel sits above Gouvia town. My mum is slightly disabled and booking the hotel was probably not the best idea, however, once we were there, we didn't really want to move as all the staff were extremely friendly and more than helpful. Those with diabilities should be aware however that there is an access ramp and a few steps up to the hotel. Thank you Amanda and team for making our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you need A/C, make sure you request this at time of booking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank slth56
There are newer reviews for Paradise Hotel Corfu

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My son and I have just returned from a wonderful stay at the Paradise. I would not hesitate to recommend it ! Fantastic all round ..... Lovely kind, friendly and very helpful staff. A very high standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel with your room cleaned every day of your stay. Nice comforable rooms and balcony. Lovely great big swimming pool and sun loungers .. Nice to sit right in the sun or shelter under a palm tree in the shade.
Delicious buffet breakfast each morning with fresh bread and stay for lunch I would recommend the tuna salad !!!
Nicely situated near to but far enough away from the noise and the best Taverna by far is the 9 Muses ! The best food. Bus every 20 minutes to Corfu Town from the bottom of the main road.
Car rental try Inter Corfu ... Which the hotel kindly arranged for us. Must mention Sparky the Donkey who is the extra guest at the hotel .... In his own field of course ... We loved him !
We are definitely going back in 2013 !
Thank you Paradise Hotel for a fantastic holiday !

Room Tip: book a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nufcfansHandT
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Just returned from Corfu where I enjoyed two weeks at this hotel. I had a pleasant, simple room with nice view. Everyone there was very kind and helpful. Breakfast was more than adequate. Super pool and gardens all within 5 minutes of Gouvia. I paid 31 GB Pounds a night for a double room B/B. Compare that to the poor room I got in London which was grubby and cost me 135 GB Pounds (no breakfast there). There is no evening entertaiment so it might be too quiet for some people. However 10 minutes away there are plenty of music bars and night clubs if that is what you like. I thought I got very good value for money. Tripadvisor is a great platform to pick up information on the condition that the reviews are fair and objective. The pompous reviewer who calls himself 'theoneeyedbear' has given a review which is neither. The pool rules seemed standard and designed for our safety. He must be paranoid if he thinks the staff were scrutinizing him, to me they seemed attentive. There were a nice mix of nationalities and a high percentage of the clients were repeaters so they obviously do not agree with him either. His review was just over the top and vindictive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank happybunny51
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Last week we were in Corfu and we stayed at the Paradise Hotel. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Wendy and Mary would go out of their way to answer questions and suggest things to do and places to visit. One evening we were offered a drink by the owners of the hotel who were interesting and funny people. The cleaners also did a really good job with our room. It was nice to be in a small, family hotel rather than a big, impersonal, all-inclusive hotel where you have to fight to get to the buffet.
The view from our room and swimming pool area was fantastic. You could see the Old Fortress which is in Corfu town and the marina which is in Gouvia village. The gardens surrounding the hotel were ideal for relaxing and reading a good book. The hotel is well-placed and it only took 20minutes by car to get to the city centre.
I would definitly go back to the Paradise Hotel and recommend it to friends and family as I had a wonderful, relaxing week there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Victoria S
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We were two couples visiting the hotel in may 2012.
We brought with us a little bit of rain from Norway, even on our own natinal Holiday.
But the rain vanished when we were met by Wendy, the beem of sunshine in the reception.
She gave us the most charmful welcome and made us feel special from the first moment.
This family driven hotel has a very friendly, social and helpful staff of personel.
The breakfast was served with an overview of the worlds recent events and finacial situation.
When we had the need of a rental car, Wendy spent at least one hour going through all the car models and of course giving us a map with directions to the sightseeings, recommended lunch restaurant and even an ice cream bar on the way.
The rooms were clean and nice with big balconies with a good view of the ocean.
From the pool you have an even better view of the ocean with the fortress in Corfu town in the background. Corfu town is only a short bus ride or taxi ride away.
We will recomend this hotel and we will surely come back.
Greetings from four satisfied Norwegians!

Room Tip: Rooms to the north are our favorites.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Terje S
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I had 9 night stay at this hotel in May. The views from our room were beautiful looking over the bay and the sea. The service was first class. All the staff were wonderful, especially Wendy and Mary on reception. The owners were on site to answer all my questions and were most helpful. (The morning we were leaving, the owner phoned the shuttle service that were taking us to the airport because the coach was late) They also arranged taxis for us and explained how to use the buses. For breakfast I enjoyed the Greek yogurt and honey every morning while we sit on the terrace with a view. The breakfast is a buffet with several choices. The only thing to take into consideration is the walk from Gouvia to the hotel is steep but I was able to do it 2 or 3 times a day. And the view is worth it. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view of the bay on the 2nd floor. Our room was quiet as we had requested one. We...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marilyn_807
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Recently stayed for two weeks at the Paradise with the family and thoroughly enjoyed it. A smallish family hotel not far from the resort of Gouvia. The fact that the teenagers had the night life of Gouvia and we had the tranquility of the Paradise was perfect for us. It is close to the local Corfu bus and we had some fun trips on the Magdalena which leaves the beach in Gouvia and goes up and down the coast. The accomodation is simple but more than adequate and spotless. The breakfast was fine. The staff were all delightful. We booked through Booking.com and got a seaview, fridge, air-co and cooked to order egg and bacon all included. I can only suppose that those who complained about having to pay for these things had chosen the cheaper options over the Internet. It is a bit like if you book with Ryan air you know you have to pay for certain extras. And come on 'rooms overlooking a wasteland' be fair the gardens are stunning. All in all we were very happy with our stay and would love to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank asmonte
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gouvia
Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios
Corfu Holiday Palace
Mediterranean Blue Resort
Ariti Grand Hotel
Ariti Grand Hotel
#3 of 5 in Kanoni
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa

Been to Paradise Hotel Corfu? Share your experiences!