We have just returned from one week at Louis Corcyra Beach (4-11th October).We went as a group of 6 over 60's friends having booked for a chill-out week with Thomason Holidays. The hotel is only about 30mins from the airport and is probably the first drop-off and last pick-up on the island. On arrival our check in was smooth and straightforward. My wife and I had booked a sea view. We were allocated bungalow 126 - just a few metres from the sea but probably farthest from the main facilities but our luggage was delivered by golf buggy. The room was spacious, clean and airy. Our friends were on level 6 giving them level access to the main hotel facilities. Upon inspection we were only a short distance from the lower pool and bar with a gradual slope up to the main part of the hotel.
The food in the restaurant was excellent with a great variety of different choices. We always found it to be hot and plentiful at all meal times and could not understand those that have moaned on this site. We were always allocated a table by the Head Waiter who seemed to know exactly when a table would become free. However some people were very ignorant rushing past the queue at busy times.
The entertainment in general was really good with good variety. Whilst the disco after the entertainment each night was somewhat repetitive the music suited a lot of people, (including us).
We found all of the staff at the hotel to be very friendly and efficient. As people left the tables were cleared and reset very quickly.
There were never queues at the bars because of the innovative idea of having self-service beer, soft drinks, wines and hot drinks on tap. Spirits and mixers were served at the bar and in the evening drinks could be brought to the table. (Svetlana was brilliant).
Yes the mattresses on the beds were a little hard but by the time we went to bed it didn't matter.
We only encountered one problem with the sunbeds which resulted in an argument with one lady over whether a folded sunbed constituted distance ownership. Mind you the same lady played hell every evening almost demanding that people moved to let her sit where she wanted. (many will remember her).
The weather was not brilliant but it was warm enough for the sun beds and the beach.
Overall the hotel came over as a 4-star which matches the Thomson rating and did not disappoint.
If there is a moan, it as that the bread knives were not sharp enough. (Probably Health and Safety).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shimmering views of the Mediterranean Sea, variety of dining options and a colored of activities await you at this beautiful, 4 star hotel in Corfu Island, Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel. Situated in Gouvia bay and surrounded by superb scented gardens this 4 star all inclusive hotel in Corfu is ideal for your summer holidays.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Bookgreece.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Louis Corcyra Beach
- Louis Corcyra Beach Gouvia
- Corcyra Beach
- Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel Corfu/Gouvia