“Hotel amazing, staff amazing some of the other guests???”

Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Gouvia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hotel is great. Like other reviews very clean and tidy. Staff very friendly. Food very good for AI. Themed nights so different most nights. The wine is very drinkable and on tap, the beer is cold and plentiful. You have two pool areas to choose from and many beech areas too with plenty of sun beds everywhere. The entertainment team get 10/10 for effort and on occasions 10/10 for performance but it depends on the night! Some reviews have mentioned the entertainment is geared too much towards children but this is only down by the main pool. Upstairs in the main hotel there is more adult type entertainment. The fact the hotel ground sits on a hill adds to the views and frankly enjoyable to walk up and down as a bit of exercise. Gouvia itself is a nice size with plenty of choices to eat and drink. Aries Taverna was outstanding and unassuming. Avoid the Mexican restaurant 3 Monkeys. The local bus services are brilliant, easy access to Corfu town and the beautiful Paleo both only 20 minutes on the bus. The latter is definitely worth a visit. I recommend getting off at the top of the resort and walking down. Views are amazing. Food in Spiros Taverna amazing in Paleo too.
One negative and that is some of the other guests, I won’t go into too much detail but some of the children can be unruly and not kept in check by their parents. The same parents also don’t know how to say please or thank you… in any language. Overall this didn’t spoil the holiday as it is an amazing location for an AI holiday and the Management all the way down to the cleaners are friendly, efficient and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Davo1972
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for a lovely review following a stay at the Louis Corcyra Beach.

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your heart-warming praise towards our staff and especially our animation team, of which they will certainly be informed. Moreover, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the vast selection and quality of our All Inclusive offer and that you are in agreement with other reviews over the cleanliness of our premises. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the attractions in close proximity to our hotel as well as finding the time to relax by our beautiful poolside area with plentiful sunbeds. All in all, we are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful holiday at our spectacular location.

We look forward to have you as our guest at the Louis Corcyra Beach soon again.

Best wishes,

The Management.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,363)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel has the most helpful and pleasant staff we have experienced ,from the porters,front desk, restaurant bars and cleaners all excellent.The location is good for transfers and local amenities and bars with sky sports tv and restaurants if you fancy a break from all inclusive and a short bus ride to corfu town and there is a pharmacy and doctors just outside.The lagoon pool is great for all ages with well maintained sun beds and parasols.The main pool is a bit on the small side but again plenty of sun beds etc,If you fancy the beach normally the thought of a man made beach is off putting however this is a good one plenty of space shallow water gently getting deeper as you go out a sandy sea bed with only a few very small stones and as calm as a lake.The restaurant ambiance is good with fresh white table cloths for breakfast and dinner meal times are well organised with no panic you wait briefly to be seated and then are greeted at your table for your drink order or you can serve your self with drinks from the soft drinks,water,wine or beer dispensers located around the restaurant, if you eat outside the views are exceptional .The food was generally of a good standard with grill options available throughout if I was being picky I would say the menus seemed a bit repetitive and would not always suit younger adults however more than adequate otherwise the dessert range I felt was not as extensive as I would have expected and was often ravaged besides that a good restaurant overall.The asian restaurant was very good indeed worth booking and included as all inclusive there are so many food opertunities through out the day and night that you could easily overeat you won't starve in this hotel.We had a family room with garden view which pretty much matched our expectations for overseas 4 star what I would say though is that we had a ground floor room so had a patio area which isn't separated from others so not much privacy I would advise against this as also we had a little problem with ants which the hotel sprayed but didn't really get on top of ,get a room upstairs if you can.The rooms are clean and relatively modern with air conditioning ,fridge,hair dryer and tv with bbc1 itv and sky news (nice surprise ) .The complex is a bit hilly so expect sore calf muscles for the first few days and watch the steps on the walk way down to the beach as there are some uneven slabs and trip risks on the way down.
Overall We rated this very good and would be excellent but for the few areas I mentioned earlier.We would visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't go for a ground floor room
5  Thank Johnjo1959
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback following a stay at the Louis Corcyra Beach.

We are thrilled to hear that you that you had a great first impression of our hotel and that you enjoyed our splendid location with its close proximity to various attractions. It is a delight to hear your praise for our staff as being the most helpful and pleasant you have ever experienced, and are glad to read that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our entire premises. Moreover, we are happy to hear that you found our hotel to have facilities available for any age and that you were pleased with our plentiful sunbeds. We are happy to read that you found our cuisine to be of overall good standard, however we are surprised that you found our menu repetitive; we ensure a plentiful variation each evening through a different theme for which we usually receive much praise. As for the desserts, we too feel that there is room for improvement and rest assured that we have already planned extensive training for our whole pastry team in the offseason. Regarding your observation about the steps leading to the beach, we thank you for bringing this valuable feedback to our attention. All in all, we are delighted to hear that in spite of some minor negatives, you had a wonderfully relaxed stay at our hotel and would recommend us to other travellers.

We hope to see you soon again at the Louis Corcyra Beach.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Me and my wife have just come back well if you want a couples holiday here I would not recommend this hotel after saying that it is a very nice family hotel it is very clean and the food is of a good quality and plenty of choice and the mura Asian restaurant is very nice.
We had a large family room just for the 2 of us with lovely views over the bay the only bad point was that we was right over the main bar witch was noisy till the artists finished at around 23 45.
We found the entertainment not very good but this is just our opinion other people seamed to enjoyed it.
The hotel is in a very good location only 2 mins out of Gouvia town and only 15mins by local bus to Corfu town .
A must at this hotel is the boat trips with Spiros from the beach at back of the hotel very good value for money and a nice relaxing day and Spiros is good with kids letting them drive the boat.
Just a small word of warning if you have walking trouble the path down to the beach is steep and a lot of steps witch can be slippy.

Room Tip: Sea views are lovely
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Louis Corcyra Beach as your destination.

We would like to express our gratitude for your mention of our hotel as ideal for families and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the spaciousness of your room with its spectacular view. Moreover, we are thrilled to hear that you indulged in our vast selection of spectacular dishes, especially our brand new Asian restaurant Mura. All in all, we are sorry to hear that you would not recommend us as a hotel suitable for couples, nonetheless, we hope that this does not prevent you from holidaying in the future at one of our other Louis Hotels that might be more suitable to your needs. Examples are the Louis Zante Beach, the Mykonos Theoxenia, the Royal Apollonia and the King Jason.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to one of our many Louis Hotels.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I worked as a travel agent in the UK for 12 years, so I have travelled extensively! We went as 2 adults and a 4 year old boy. This is out 7th trip abroad with our son, and I cannot stress enough how good this place is, the views are gorgeous, as are the gardens and pool areas, food is varied and available all day and night!!! Always hot well presented and tasty, can be busy at peak times but staff always friendly and accommodating. Entertainment was good, yes cheesy but kept us with a smile on our faces most evenings and our son loved mini disco, christos was just fab!!!! Kid's club was great silly Sarah by far the best rep we hsve had for kids club, our room was in nautilus block a little dated on the bathroom but spotless and spacious with lovely views and balcony, make sure you book a sea view. We really felt there is the right balance between the age groups here, not too noisy around the pool no loud music etc but a nicerrange of activities. Also in the evening everything was finished by 12, I can see why thomson send cruise guest s here as it is usual for a hotel not to live up to the ship but that is not the case here! !!
We have never returned to the same hotel twice before but I have just re booked for next year, as I am not sure I could top it for a good value relaxing family holiday, I totally understand why so many people we spoke to were repeat guest s!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Fairyb6

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for a few delightful lines describing your stay at the Louis Corcrya Beach.

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a flawlessly wonderful stay, that we won you over as our future loyal guest and that ours is the one destination you will gladly return to. We are delighted to read that you loved the beautiful natural setting of our hotel, with its splendid views and many facilities and activities. It is a pleasure to hear that our entertainment team kept your children animated while you found time to relax and unwind. Moreover, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the equilibrium of guest profiles out our hotel, finding that there is something that speaks to every age group without clashing. Furthermore, we are overjoyed that you indulged in our delicious cuisine and that you enjoyed the spaciousness and cleanliness of your room. Last but not least, it is a thrill to hear that you found our hotel to be of good value for money and had such a spectacular time that you will revisit us next year.

We look forward to seeing you again next year at the Louis Corcyra Beach.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having already been to the hotel in 2011 I knew how good it was. This year has exceeded my experience in 2011 and I thought it was not possible.

There is absolutely nothing to fault. I can't even believe that anyone could write a bad word.

I would like to start by especially thanking the animation team (Christos, Victor and Mystos). During our stay we spent quite alot of time with these guys and not only did they provide great activities and entertainment, they are genuinely good people. Some of the entertainment in the evening was hilarious. They work so very hard as does Eva and Melina from two of the kids clubs. Sarah and Claire from Thomsons kids club were also great and my 4 year old couldn't wait to attend every session for tots.

All the staff at this hotel work hard and service would be hard to beat. The food is amazing and the choice is vast. The quality of produce is first class and the waiters/waitresses are very good at accomodating their guests.

The location of this hotel sold it to me in the first place. It is so beautiful being on the beach with having fantastic views across the marina right round the bay the the mountains.

Our room was 831 situated in the block at the side of the lagoon pool. The room was a family room with ample storage. The rooms are furnished to a high standard and they are kept spotless as the maid attends everyday.

The water sports located on the beach is also a great facility. We went on a pedalo and the cushion attached to a speedboat twice. We had so much fun and I have never laughed as much in my life.

We met some great familes whilst there which also enhanced our experience.

I could just keep going on about how good it is! The age range is from very young to very old. As a family we spent the majority of our time at the bottom of the complex but as a couple the holiday could be different again by going to the lagoon pool and drinking on the terrace. I am confident that if you went to Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel you would not be disappointed.

We will return as it is guaranteed pleasure. After the shocking experience of the Presidente in Portinatx last year I would't risk compromising my holiday experience again.

Room Tip: The block we were in was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Loucoo

Dear repeat guest,

Thank you for a lovely review following a stay at the Louis Corcyra Beach.

It is a delight to hear that you chose to stay with us once more, and that we exceeded every fond memory you had of our establishment. First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your heart-warming praise towards our animation team for entertaining every member of your family, of which they will certainly be informed. Moreover, we are thrilled to hear that you would describe the service of our staff as one that is hard to beat, and that you enjoyed the vast selection and quality of our cuisine. We are happy to read that our key selling point for you was our location, with its beautiful view from our verandas, and are delighted to hear that you took note of the spotlessness of your room and its pleasant décor. All in all, we are thrilled to hear that you would recommend us as the perfect holiday spot for any age group and that you are already anticipating your next visit.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Louis Corcyra Beach.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The strong points of this hotel are it's setting, on the sea shore with great views across the bay, and the variety and quality of the food available in the main restaurant. We enjoy fish and the fish night for us was superb with whole salmon superbly cooked, along with squid and so much more. Meat and vegetarian options were also available. The yiouvetsi, a traditional Greek dish, consisting of lamb and pasta was as good as I have tasted anywhere, and we have visited over 50 Greek islands and many parts of the mainland too. Our room was on the same level as reception and very convenient and reasonably quiet with a small balcony looking across the bay and a good sized bathroom with bath and shower over. They even have BBC1 and ITV1 as well as Sky Sports news!

The waiters and reception staff were as good as it gets and a special mention should be given to Katerina from the Ukraine who did an excellent job in researching our day trip to Albania.
On the downside the oriental restaurant, available 3 nights a week, by prior reservation, needs improvement.

Whereas the food was just ok, they keep you queuing outside for about half an hour while guests are greeted with a glass of "sangria" (undrinkable) and then seated individually.
Why not let everybody sit down as they arrive and serve the drinks when the are seated!?! To make things worse we were served warm white wine which took ages to get replaced.
The quality of some of the drinks in the all inclusive drinks package was very poor. The wine, available on tap was just ok but the beer was very thin and virtually tasteless, whereas the brandy, for me was undrinkable, certainly not Metaxa. On the advice of one of the staff I even resorted to getting my own wine from Diellas supermarket on the main road. As a bit of a Grecofile I decided to stick to the ouzo which with a little water and ice was good.
Our favourite pool was the lagoon, near the main entrance, excellent for kids and adults alike, with drinks and food available from 10 am till 6 pm.
One word of warning about mosquitoes. I was bitten through my trousers one evening near the lower pool (on my knees!).

Finally if like us you like to get out and about a bit, there are some nice walks into the countryside from the road alongside Diellas supermarket and also through Gouvia village to the marina. If you don't want to miss your favourite sporting event there's a welcoming bar with a big screen at the end of the hotel drive.

Room Tip: Well worth paying extra for a sea view
2  Thank Tomtom12

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Louis Corcyra Beach as your destination.

It is a delight to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful location with its wondrous views, and took advantage of our ideal setting by going on discoveries in the area. We are thrilled to hear that you indulged in our fresh selection of spectacular dishes and were delighted by the high quality of our cuisine. Moreover, we are glad to read that you were pleased with the comfort and cleanliness of your room and found all facilities that you might require available. We thank you for bringing your remark about our service flow and the quality of our drinks to our attention, please rest assured that we will certainly look into these concerns for future improvements. We are saddened that our effort to provide a more personalized service at our Asian restaurant Mura has backfired in your case and we will do our utmost for immediate improvements. Nonetheless, despite these minor issues, we are thrilled that you had a wonderful holiday in our splendid setting.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Louis Corcrya Beach.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived at this hotel mid afternoon, but no welcome cool drink, after travelling for so long. First impressions were very good reception very quick and proffesional . Our room was No 682 in the main block with sea view, which was very nice, well worth the extra cash, room was spotless, but the bed was very hard, , this was a family room with a single bed, which we did not expect which would of been better with a small sofa.Food was excellent and very variable,
Entertainment by the animation team was below average, we thought it would of been better to have it in the main seating area more comfy, than down by the lower pool area.
One of my biggest complaints was the grounds by the lower pool area, which was the grass/ weed area, which was not cut, or tendered whilst we stayed for 14 days, the grass was up to our lounger.

We did not use the so called beach area, as we like a natural beach, not a man made, with steps going into the sea. The mini golf was very worn out and in need of refurbishing

Wi Fi was very expensive and poor reception should of been FREE.
I was very surprised to see gents wearing shorts and flip flops for evening dinner as it is stipulated, in the managements rules to wear smart casual with long trousers.

Most of the staff were very courteous and helpful
Would I stay at this hotel again only if improvements were made.

Room Tip: Sea view a must for the view.
3  Thank Sunlovers50

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and your decision to spend a holiday at the Louis Corcyra Beach.

We are happy to hear that you had a smooth check in after a long journey, with everything already prepared for you by our lovely and attentive staff. Moreover, we are delighted that our varied food indulged your appetite, and that you appreciated the friendly service of our staff, and the cleanliness of the hotel and comfort of our rooms. Regarding the firmness of the beds, we wish you had informed us during your stay as we do provide mattress covers upon request for optimal comfort. Moreover, we choose to charge extra for services such as internet instead of including it into the room rate as this is optional for guests and not all wish to use these services. We are sorry to hear about your displeasure regarding the attire of some guests; we do inform everybody about our evening dress code however please understand that som people feel uncomfortable wearing heavy clothing in the 40 degree heat. We apologize for your discontent regarding the maintenance of our grounds and would herewith like to assure you that we take your comment very seriously and will look into this for future improvements. Nonetheless, despite some small negatives, we are happy to hear that you had a pleasurable stay and hope that you will give us a second chance to prove our standards to you.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Louis Corcyra Beach once more in the near future.

Warm wishes,

The Management.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gouvia
MarBella Corfu Hotel
Grecotel Eva Palace
Grecotel Eva Palace
#2 of 3 in Kommeno Bay
Aeolos Beach Resort

Been to Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!