“Friendly staff, but tired hotel”
Review of Citotel Imperial

Citotel Imperial
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Sete
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The most positive about the hotel is the friendly staff and the quiet location. The hotel boasts a car parking but on our arrival all 6 (six) places were taken and the only option was the street. The hotel is situated about two kilometres from the town centre and the shuttle bus had stopped running, from earlier experience we knew that car parking in Séte is almost impossible. The room we stayed in was becoming a bit tired. There was a new wooden floor but, the refrigerator didn't work, the electrical contacts were hanging out of their sockets, the curtain rail was broken and we couldn't close the curtain, there was a strange smell in the bathroom and hanging on the wall was a dark dreary painting?? The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but for those that enjoy a lukewarm meal served by a rude waiter, across the street is "La Corniche". But this is not the hotels fault.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 13, 2013

a very nice hotel, staff - polite and friendly, room - clean and enough space
if I will have opportunity to go back, Im sure that I will go there again
the town is beautiful too, I stayed there for one night on my own, but it has to be so romantic to be there with your boyfriend....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

we only stopped here one night.
The room was fine as well as the bathroom, even though I would never put carpet on the floor in a seaside location where people bring sand back from the beach!
The spot is not fantastic, but it is easy to park and the beach is walking distance.
I would not stay here for many days, even though the staff is very friendly

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony if you intend to go to the beach. We did not have one and had difficul...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel two days in July. On entering the double room, late night after a five hour train ride, we were extremely disappointed. Good location? Depressing sorroundings. See view? Zero. Dirty? Yes, the most stained carpet I've ever seen. 24 hours later we felt much better. Shure, the hotel was quite far from the city centre, but not any longer than a 20 minutes walk or a 7 minutes bus ride for €1 (service stops at 7 pm though). And Hotel Imperial is conviniently close to the wonderful beaches. We could even stand the carpet.

What more? Sete is wonderful. Worth a journey. But I would look out for another hotel next time.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My experience in this hotel has been the worst in my entire life. The room was ugly,dirty and really unconfortable. Starting from the bathroom i think is necessary TO inform everyone who consult tripadvisor that it was the dirtiest bathroom i have ever seen: there was a sticky yellow spot and also some hairs on the floor, there wasn't any soap and any bar or soap. The moquette was really really dirty and covered by spots. The mini-bar was empty and on the moquette at its base there was a very big and wet spot. The sheets were dirty and the view from our room was terrible: infact, if you opened the window, you could see a garage and some garbage containers. The description said that there was a parking...well.... if they meant a very strict Street behind the hotel... well ... ok .., there was a parking. Finally i think that it's fundamental TO inform you that the concierge didn't speek any word in english. If you want TO spend your vacancy time in an ugly,dirty and unconfortable hotel.... well... hotel imperial would be perfect foto you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank giulia r
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I chose this hotel because it offers car parking. It is set away from the charming but crowded centre of Sète, in a hideous concrete square offering handy shops and restaurants, just a few minutes' walk from the beach. I liked the friendly welcome. No problems

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nikos051
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed here as part of a large group so was able to make comparisons between rooms. My room was certainly ripe for renovation (the bathroom was fitted with the identical basin as friends had in the 1970's) and the paint was falling off round the door frame. The double glazed windows had long since lost their seal and now acted as net curtains. Other rooms were much better decorated but it appears that as something broke it was eventually replaced so nothing matched. However I did report a faulty main light on arrival which had still not been replaced after 6 days. The separate toilet was a tightish squeeze to get in if you wanted to shut the door (I didn't being on my own in the room) but from visiting other rooms one toilet would be have been an impossibility to sit on and shut the door!
In fairness the bed was comfortable and the linen clean and I was grateful for a mini fridge to keep drinks cold and air conditioning which took me three days to get to just the right setting. There was no literature or any information about the hotel provided in my room (though I believe there was in others), nor was there a Do not disturb notice for the door (a friend in another room did have one but nowhere to hang it given the style of door handle!)
Room cleaning seemed a bit erratic - totally missed one day, partially done another (and the cleaning products left in my bathroom) but generally reasonably clean.
Breakfast was provided with our package, though I have seen much better spreads at similar hotels in France. Don't arrive too late for breakfast though as they frequently ran out of plates and dishes. Much as I love animals I did find it a bit incongruous to find a sign saying that "Our friends the animals are not allowed in the dining room" yet the resident (?) dog wandered in and out of the kitchen! The Bar service in the evening was a bit hit and miss and I cannot believe they actually ran out of white wine one evening!
Located near a beach and various restaurants, cafés etc it was not too bad although it was at least 20 minutes walk from Sète centre.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends