In October 2007 we made our first visit to this oasis and vowed to return. In our review we confirmed that we had indeed booked for four days over the Easter period this year.
The main reason, apart from being united with two people who started out as our hosts and ended up as our friends, was to see, in person, the Easter parades known as "Semana Santa". I was so over awed by the video footage I saw in the Museum Church that i wanted to be there for real. Because the parades pass close to the hotel and armed with the local knowledge that Nick and Lesley provided, e were able to have a front row view for the Good Friday parades. it was awesome and a photographers paradise!
The hotel? Well that was also awesome in its maintenance of its quality, cleanliness, attention to guest needs and two of the best hosts it has been our privilege to meet again.
Velez Malaga took on a new feel on our second visit. Some new restaurants have opened and they compliment the level of enjoyment that you can gain.
In a conversation we had with Nick I commented that one thing that stands out for me was that they were living their dream and by the ambiance and wonderful friendliness that Nick and Lesley exude they do in fact allow you to share that dream with them for the duration of your stay.
You cannot be any more welcoming than that to your guests!
Well done you guys and we will be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Palacio Blanco is located in the hitoric district of Velez Malaga,in an over 300 year old moorish monastry which was converted in 2008 to a luxury 9 bedroom boutique hotel with roofterrace,excercise water jet pool and sundeck with bar .Featured in the BBC program Amazing buildings which followed the whole conversion process. * Prime location in the city centre ,walking distance of bars,restauants,theatre and shops. *Beach and golf course only 4 kms from the hotel. *Rooms with luxery bathrooms and walk in shower, air conditioning, free wifi , international TV. *Perfect for business meetings ,weddings or as private hotel with family and friends. *We speak Dutch , English and German. *It is all afordable luxery ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Palacio Blanco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacio Blanco Hotel
- Palacio Blanco Velez Malaga
- Hotel Palacio Blanco Spain/Velez-Malaga