“A little bit of heaven on earth!”

B bou Hotel Cortijo Bravo
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Velez-Malaga
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We attended my daughter's wedding here on 1st Sept and stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. The setting was truely spectacular, as were the ammenities, the menu and the staff in particular. Even the smallest detail had been thought of.I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Attended a wedding here in August and had a wonderful experience. Very professional team operating in a spectacular setting. Food for such a large group was excellent. I intend to return as a tourist to sample the atmosphere for a few days.

Room Tip: Location is very rural and directions difficult to follow - sat nav a big help.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank conagra
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights beginning of march.
It's a tasteful and comfortable hotel - the service is in the reception was poor but the guys in the café/bar was so nice.
We loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony on first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I am a wedding planner that organised a wedding there in October. When the caterers took over - yes I was worried. If anything goes wrong couples usually blame the planner. The couple had had their taster meal and confirmed the menu with the old company. I was nervous. However, I sat down with the new company, went through every details of the menu including the sauces, veg etc and everything was agreed. On the day of the wedding we were invited to eat to taste the food. It was fantastic. I do a lot of weddings every year and the food we had a Cortijo Bravo under the new caterers was AMAZING. However, I don't leave anything to chance and I had re-confirmed at least 4 times that they had the correct menu and details. Anyone wanting this hotel - I say go for it. Brilliant.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kesweddings
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The Cortijo Bravo is a great small hotel in a gorgeous setting near the coast and a perfect spot from which to explore Andalucia. The rooms were large and clean and the balconies had great views of the hillside as well as a panoramic view of the town of Velez-Malaga. I have zero compliantly about the hotel.

The restaurant on the other hand was hit or miss depending on which server was working. Breakfast was included and very good. Our male waiter was attentive, friendly and eager to please- we were off to a great start. The next night we had a female waitress who acted like she was serving a prison sentence. She was aloof and acted like she was doing us a favor by waiting on us. We wre VERY easy to deal with, we never complain and almost never send food back. That said, when my wife's salmon was undercooked to the point of being inedible, we were unable to address the issue since she didn't check on us for 20 minutes or so- despite the fact that we were the only occupants of the dining room. When she finally came around to take our plates and asked how it was, she merely shrugged her shoulders when my wife showed her the raw interior.

I can't say enough good things about the hotel and breakfast was fine, but I cannot recommend that anyone eat dinner there.

Room Tip: All of the rooms appear to be equal.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I got married in nerja in September and we fell in love with this place. It is beautiful! We booked the whole place out for the venue. The tasting was amazing, rooms lovely, overall very romantic.

The wedding was very different. My wife to be got ready at the bridal suite the day of the wedding. She had campers, food as you'd expect with the bridesmaids. More of that later.

It transpired the catering is actually subcontracted. The tasting menu we had was given to another contractor. So instead of terrine of salmon we had mouse, instead of green beans wrapped in bacon we had white in a garlicky oil, instead of pepper sauce on the boar we had a type of gravy. The deserts were also changed before the wedding. All in all the meal resembled a 'menu del dia' in a bar. Speaking of which The bar did not go on all night as informed.

On returning to our bridal suite we were looking forward to the sunken bath and champers and strawberries. Turns out the room was cleaned from earlier. No champers and no strawberries.

The hotel insisted it wasn't there problem- they still say it was the hairdresser who told them not to clean the room... Does that make any sense on our wedding night. The catering not their problem again as they are just the hotel. The same for the drinks and fruit- that was the caters. Instead of apologising for the errror and offering some redress they called the cleaner down who argued its me in Spanish saying its not their fault. All admitted they would be furious if it was their wedding.

I spoke to the manager who again said essentially not my problem for it all. ABSOLUTELY shocking! I wasted so much time and energy on our honey moon with this. Luckily we forced ourselves to get over it but it nearly ruined our day. They never bothered contacting us again and we paid for everything in full. Such a shame- what is a lovely place ruined by staff and poor management. If you read the comment book and it isn't full of bad comments they have replaced it!

• Stayed: September 2011
12  Thank Barrymc1978
Reviewed August 19, 2011

if you want to get rid of the busy streets and eternal crowd after enjoying costa del sol's shimmering sun, this place is surely a haven of tranquility, charm and romance.... overlooking the mountains while having your dinner and welcoming the sun the next day with the smell of fresh gardens.... do i need really to say more?...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank turningpinky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Velez-Malaga
Hotel Palacio Blanco
4 mi away
Miraya Hotel
Miraya Hotel
#3 of 5 in Torre del Mar

Been to B bou Hotel Cortijo Bravo? Share your experiences!