“Poor staff attitude when problems arise. Otherwise OK but far out”

Parkhotel Frankfurt-Roedermark
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Roedermark
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I made a mistake booking this because in the end it's just too far away for convenience - I was visiting Ambiente and the drive was much longer than I wanted.

Problem is hotels in Frankfurt during major shows are horrendously expensive.

This hotel is in a nice park like setting and the rooms, although dated, were comfortable. Pity they feel the need to charge (a lot!) for Wifi.

I also had one day with no water at all - and the desk staff was not helpful at all, in a sort of 'too bad so sad' way - a bit nasty even. Based on that I had to downgrade the review.

Restaurant was good and service there excellent, prices reasonable and it's convenient since the hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank touchofeurope
There are newer reviews for Parkhotel Frankfurt-Roedermark

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We choose the hotel for being very centrally located, not too far away from Frankfurt airport. It holds enough rooms for a larger group including meeting facilities. Pool and sauna also nice and helpful. Rooms are kind of outdated in design but clean. Biggest lowlight is the food. Convenience food cooked to death - not very tasty. Highlight: really enthusiastic and great staff. They make up for a lot.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was booked by the company for a week stay for training. My compliments to most of the staff for making me feel welcome. Very friendly indeed. Rooms are good, bathroom as well. The food is outright German, which is ok if you like it, but for me unfortunately means that it is prepared with far too much fat. The chef clearly doesn't know how to prepare a nice and balanced veggie dish, which is really a pity. Fortunately other restaurants in the area can make up if you wish.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I tend to prefer the modern chains when on business travel but my colleagues had booked into here so I joined them. It's OK.
The rooms are very variable. Some nice, some not so. Mine was a little dated, old style TV but OK.
The food in the restaurant is reasonable. Nothing out of the ordinary but good prices.
The overall service though is terrible. Try to find a waiter to grab your bill or a few drinks! When they do get round to serving you they're very nice - there just isn't enough of them to go round. Checking out took 20 minutes with one (again very nice girl) slowly getting through the 4 people in front of me.
I left my jacket/sweater behind whilst in the bar/restaurant on one night and asked if it had been handed in the following morning. It hadn't and the staff said they'd ask 'housekeeping'. They said the same thing when I asked the following day! It was all looking bleak until on the last night when I was wandering round the restaurant trying to find a waiter to pay my bill, I found it hung up in a little cloak room area!!
Breakfast could be very busy around 0800 and I frequently struggled to find anywhere to sit.
It's not somewhere that I'd rush back to.

Room Tip: Apparently the main block where reception is, is best.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Parkhotel Roedermark..has to be one of Frankfurt's secret accommodation gems.
Nothing short of a fantastic find...close to Frankfurt airport....quiet park like surroundings...exceptional breakfast.....and the dinner offerings were also of high quality...( excellent chef).
In fact I stumbled onto this inexpensive hotel after prematurely departing from a more expensive and inferior hotel near Munster bei Dieburg. But wait ..there's more...the hotel actually has a wifi system that works well!
My only advice/suggestion is that you have the receptionist explain the layout of the hotel...it has several large accommodation blocks / units interconnected via underground passage- ways..and you can almost get lost. Even a hand drawn map would help!
Would I stay again?...absolutely.... My recommendation...if you are flying into Frankfurt and want quiet , comfortable, inexpensive, high quality accommodation...don't go past this hotel.

Room Tip: Want a really quiet room..ask for one overlooking the green fields.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BruceWhitfield
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very friendly receptionist greeted us on arrival. Asked about the pool and she pointed to where it was. However directed us to our room along the walkway outside of the hotel. Would have been helpful if she'd directed us along the internal walkway and then we could have seen the pool at the same time, as we'd expressed an interest. Very clean room but beds way too soft. Breakfast extra at 14Euro pp excessive as although ample, it was basic buffet style.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redmainzer
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We needed a hotel near Frankfurt for an over night stay and didn't want to spend too much money. We got an incredibly cheap deal and free parking at this hotel. When we arrived we were impressed by the hotel's quiet, countryside location with a picturesque pond and fountain near the reception. When we got to our room we were a little disappointed to find it was only made up for one guest rather than two, but once we phoned reception they dealt with it within about 45 minutes. There were also no curtains on our skylight window. We were worried about privacy and also being woken at dawn by daylight streaming through the window, so we phoned reception again! It took quite a while to sort out but eventually someone fashioned a curtain out of a blanket for us and we were satisfied. We ate dinner in the restaurant and were shown to a table which hadn't been reset because the staff were rushed off their feet. Whilst service was slow because they had a lot of guests, the waitress was friendly and professional and we both had nice meals . The portion sizes were large so no chance of going hungry at this hotel! Unfortunately the next day my husband threw up violently at about 4pm. We put this down to something he had eaten, but we do not know if it was this meal or something else that made him sick. We used the swimming pool the next morning which was empty except for us! We enjoyed our time relaxing there very much! We got a very cheap deal here and whilst we would not rush back we feel we got value for our money.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wadd79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roedermark
Villa Magnolia
#2 of 7 in Roedermark
Hotel Sterkel
Hotel Sterkel
#4 of 7 in Roedermark

Been to Parkhotel Frankfurt-Roedermark? Share your experiences!