“stay only if u have a self driven car or a good driver”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Dwarka
Reviewed March 28, 2014

stayed on 2 nite on 22 and 23 of march
pros- good massive and very well planned rooms
good club hose
amazing thali
cons - chef has no clue about the difference bwt custard and pudding and i felt food was tad bit over priced {eat in dwarka city if possible}
hot water had no forced i did place my complain twice with the front office
far off the city

Room Tip: choose to relax
3  Thank chetu333
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Respected Guest.

Greetings to you from Goverdhan Greens Resort, Dwarka. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for providing us an opportunity of being your host during your recent visit to Dwarka.

I would like to thank you for sparing your valueable time in writing this review, that acts for our entire Team as fuel, for meeting and beating ever growing customers' expectations. At the same time, such review also acts as ready reference for future travellers planning for Dwarka Visit.
As regarding your observation, reg. distance from the city, we do have permanent arrangement of cab available at our property especially for the gust who visit Dwarka by long distance trains.

I once again, on behalf of entire Team Goverdhan would like to thank you for writing words of encouragements for us and looking forward to be your host again, soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

It is a hotel still under construction. There are not many rooms to choose from. The hotel is located about 10 kms from Dwarka town, which is cumbersome to travel around unless you own a car. Even paid taxi drivers refuse to ply to and from the temple more than once or twice.
The rooms are not very big in size.The breakfast was nice and tasty.One of the reception staff was very hostile and rude during chech-in. He was demanding originals of all documents, even though I had given original passport and xerox of Aadhar cards.There are no eating places or shops around the hotel / Resort.

Room Tip: There are not many rooms to chose from since construction is still going on.
2  Thank RameshBabu_KV
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Respected Guest.

As reg. documents, it is policy of local government and land of the law that we need to adhere to. Reg. this we simply do not have any choice here as Dwarka is classified as SENSITIVE place.

On inquiring at the reception, I learnt that only 1 Original ID Proof was demanded. Reg. your under construction observation, actually we are expanding right now and phase II of expansion shall be over by Sept 2014.

As reg. location, we respect your opinion, however, majority of the guest visiting our property actually appreciate location due to huge open spaces as it is in sharp contrast to other Dwarka Hotels. Such space allows us to provide for Parking and other activities including huge restaurant that is simply not available anywhere in Dwarka. The distance of property from Dwarka is 8 KMS and it is been publicize on website as well as Trip Advisor Page.

Still, I being owner of the property assumes total responsibilities of any experience that does not stand to your expectations being our valued guest. I sincerely apologies for the same.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and looking forward to be your host again Soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Located a bit away from the centre, but in a way better for travellers ,away from the chaos of the centre. Excellent staff. Prompt service.excellent gujrati dishes , priced well with more than sufficient helpings.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank chilarai
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I booked 2 superior ac rooms for two nights. One the first night I noticed my room my was stinking. The hotel boy comes in convinces me that there is no smell. Next morning it becomes unbearable. Now they convince me they will set it right. I just want to get out of this place after one night. Don't care if I lose money but for two rooms but the whole experience makes nauseous....stay at your own peril. I fell like I have slept in a sewer all night....

Room Tip: Ensure you have a clean room
3  Thank Srini20132013
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Respected Guest...

We have processed the refund as you had booking for 2Nights and it was rather unfortunate on our part that we had to go a valueable guest like you with some bitter experience. We would like to accept our sincere apology and kindly consider such incidents as an isolated case of operational failure. However, such incidents has given us valueable insights and we will treat such incidents as learning to avoid such issues in times to come.

Just for your reference, presently we are expanding and such expanded capacity to be added by October 2014- we will be keeping always a buffer of rooms to avoid such operational issues.

With warm regards

Dwarka
Gujarat- India

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel is located 5 miles south of Dwarka on the National Highway. The room was 3300 rupees per night and usually for that rate the accommodations are quite nice. This place is average. The rooms have no style. Mine has an exposed fluorescent bulb over the bed. The bathroom has one of those small water heater tanks you have to turn on if you want warm water. Wifi only in the lobby and not in the rooms. The restaurant serves food on I believe they were plastic plates. The food is unimaginative and particularly bland. When I was in Vrindavan it was explained to me because the town was associated with Krishna that there were no strong spices that could elicit emotion. Maybe Dwarka is the same. After dinner I got quite ill and actually lost my dinner. I've been in India for two months and haven't been sickened by anything until the raita at this hotel's restaurant. That said the staff is very nice and the manager is quite helpful and professional. But for the money the hotel is unremarkable. One odd thing was that the front desk called me three times in the morning to remind me to have breakfast in their restaurant. After being sickened by dinner the idea of breakfast there didn't appeal to me. All I wanted to do was sleep. It's strange to wake up a guest to pitch your breakfast special offer to him and then keep calling back. I wonder if they phone every guest every morning to sell breakfast. For the same money in retrospect I'd go to The Lord's Eco Resort in town and get a view of the Arabian Sea from my room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JamesNYC212
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Respected Mr. James..

Greetings to you from Goverdhan Greens Resort, and on the onset I would like to thank you for providing us an opportunity to be your host during your recent visit to Dwarka. I am also thanking you for sparing your valuable time and writing this review.

Going by content of your review, I found out that somewhat we felt short of meeting your expectations as guest, and for such default I sincerely apologies from bottom of my heart on behalf of my team. However, your sharing has provided us with enormous amount of leanings to us. I respect your opinion, however it may be different from majority of our guests. We have been 27 month young organization as of date and constantly learning from the feedback we receive from our valued guest.

However, Trip Advisor is a place where valued guest, can write their fist hand experience they'd been through, at the same time, this provides other travelling gusts to Dwarka a valuable insights and hence for the benefit of others I would like to present management perspectives on some of the experiences you have mentioned upon. As I already written, we respect your valuable inputs and sincerely apologies for the experience that may not be up to your expectations.

1. The bathroom has one of those small water heater tanks you have to turn on if you want warm water.
- Installed water heater is of 15 lit. storage capacity and it is suppose to be the biggest in the domestic segment here in India.

2. Wifi only in the lobby and not in the rooms.
- Yes, this is correct, but we are having only limited options of connectivity as we are located in outskirts of Dwarka. However, as part of ongoing expansion right now, we have arranged for a leased connectivity from ISP and shortly such problems shall be a history. Still what you have written is correct as of date.

3. The restaurant serves food on I believe they were plastic plates.
- The crockery that we utilize for Brakefast & Dinner are melamine & porcelain one, while for Gujarati Lunch we utilized Stainless Steel crockery. As matter of record, Goverdhan Greens proud to be a ZERO PLASTIC ZONE from Day 1. We even avoid Food Grade Plastic Containers for Parcel Food.

4. The food is unimaginative and particularly bland. When I was in Vrindavan it was explained to me because the town was associated with Krishna that there were no strong spices that could elicit emotion. Maybe Dwarka is the same.

- Partially Correct as far as local taste goes, but our restaurant offers Taste Customization for a-la-carte orders, it is rather unfortunate on our part that our captain could not explained it to you and may be this could be the reason you may not had your taste.

5.After dinner I got quite ill and actually lost my dinner. I've been in India for two months and haven't been sickened by anything until the raita at this hotel's restaurant.

- Indian Cuisine offers multiple choices of Food - I personally think it could be the wrong combination of Cuisine, and it was really a Sad part that you had to lost you Dinner. I sincerely apologies for this.

6. That said the staff is very nice and the manager is quite helpful and professional. But for the money the hotel is unremarkable.
- We respect your opinion..

7. I wonder if they phone every guest every morning to sell breakfast.
- As matter of Record, our Tariff is on CP Plan basis and hence there is no "EXTRA REVENUE" on our part - as breakfast in any case is complimentary at Goverdhan Greens.

Once again, I would like to thank you from bottom of my heart and sincerely apologies for any experience that may not been true to your expectation. I being owner of the property assumes total responsibility of any such incidents. Kindly consider our deep gratitude for your valuable patronage.

Looking forward to be your host again during your next visit to Dwarka.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I visited the Hotel with a group of 10 persons, all senior citizens. This is my second visit after one year. we really enjoyed the stay. the ambiance is good, the rooms are good and food is also nice. the staff is courteous and of helping nature. We loved the place. They r under expansion project and I wish them every sucess.

Room Tip: The rooms are all of same type. may be after expansion, they may give choice to travelers.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashvin T
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Respected Ashwinji

I would like to extend my big thank you on behalf of my team for providing us an opportunity to be your host during your recent visit to Dwarka. I would also like to thank you for sparing your valuable time for writing this review.

Such reviews, act as real fuel for us that keep us going, not only meeting but always beating "Benchmark Set of Standards" in customer services. We are delighted to know that your experience at Goverdhan Greens is been pleasant one.

Your appreciation regarding services quality and interaction by our staff, is been shared and cherished among the staff members. Such words of encouragements keeps them performing their best always.

I on behalf of entire Team Goverdhan would like to thank you and looking forward to be your host soon, again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel is well located on the outskirts of Dwarka. The Dwarkadhish Temple is located at 10 Kms from this resort. The rooms are good and value for money. Plus you get games room and swimming pool. Also you can relax comfortably out from the hustle bustle of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms with opening to swimming pool side are great and less noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family