“Good but can be much better”
Review of Hotel Gomti

Hotel Gomti
Ranked #4 of 49 Dwarka B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We booked 2 rooms on 3rd floor, one river facing and one temple facing. Location is very good about 150-200 feet from Dwarkadhish temple. Staff is helpful but need more staff to give quick service. Food is good and better than roadside eateries. Rooms are of average size, toilets are clean but the towels need to be replaced with new ones and need to provide hand napkins. Drinking water is provided but we stuck with bottled mineral water. Photos on the website of the rooms seem to be clicked when the property was newly developed, rooms/lobby/restaurant do look worn out with time. Overall a nice experience but would also try Hotel Damji next time in Dwarka. Ashwin at the front desk deserves a mention for his helpfulness.

Room Tip: Higher 3rd floor rooms have better views, lower floor room are blocked by the small building in fron...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I wonder if it was just our timing, but the hotel was dingy, filthy and quite an unpleasant experience. Housekeeping was poor, the linen looked unwashed and wrinkled. There were dirty vessels from room service piled up outside several doors. One of the rooms we booked was being cleaned just as we walked in. There were flies everywhere. The restaurant downstairs is pretty decent however. Service was quick and the food pretty good. Didn't quite expect good sambar and Idlis in Saurashtra! Choose to stay at Gomti only for a a quick stopover and access to the temple. Ah, and yes, the bathroom in our room was sparkling clean. Quite a happy compensation one could settle for.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We made our plans at very last moments and decided to drive to Dwarka without a hotel booking. After reaching Dwarka city, we simply started driving towards the temple. Hotel Gomti is very near and fortunately we could find accommodation here.

The hotel is simple, at only 2 minutes walkable distance from temple. It has adequate parking space which is much needed as the area is crowded almost all the time. The rooms are just fine. At INR 1800 per night (without any meal or frill), one should not expect more. We had a nice sleep. Colors used on the walls are eye-catching. Staff is not experienced but descent and helpful. Though hotel has a restaurant, you can go out for tea. There are good number of hygienic tea stalls outside the hotel, it was fun.

The owner of the hotel have come with unique idea of saving electricity. The AC switch is controlled by the reception which is switched-on when the room is occupied. Management can make the entire ambiance much better without spending a single penny.

Room Tip: Road facing rooms are better
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VinodVyas
Reviewed July 7, 2012

GOMTI HOTEL IS THE BEST HOTEL IN DWARKA BECAUSE:

1) It is located next to the temple, you can check out my pictures.
2) Walkable distance of the hotel from the main temple allows one to visit as many times as one wants & be a part of the arti & other temple activities. Visiting other temples from the hotel is easy & fast.
3) The food is awesome, very homely, made to suit the taste buds. The kitchen staff is so flexible that they made stuff for me, which wasn't even there in the menu. I described the chef how I like my food to be & he made it within half an hour. It was the best food in my entire Gujarat trip!
4) I always ordered food in the room. The service is incomparable. I paid peanuts for the kind of service I received. Hats off to the entire staff of Gomti!
5) There is parking inside the hotel & sleeping area & food for the driver.
6) For a stay of 2 nights I paid peanuts.
7) My room was excellently well lit, good cross ventilated & airy. The view outside my room was superb with the river in the picture so true. And to top it up, I could see the temple also from my window.
8) The reception & other staff is very helpful, polite & kind.
9) I paid in cash but they also take cards.
10) Last but not the least, I would love to come back again & again to Dwarka & stay only at Hotel Gomti. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Take a room with a view of the river either on the 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank monica j
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We travelled from Mumbai to Dwarka last weekend. We took the Air India flight to Jamnagar (1 hour). From Jamnagar Dwarka is roughly 140 Kms. We took a cab from Jamnagar, as per the reviews here its mentioned a non AC Cab costs Rs. 1700/- + toll but I was able to get a good deal of Rs. 1500/- all inclusive. You can contact me if you need driver details who offered us a good rate. The road is great and it took us around two and half hours to reach Dwarka.

Hotel Gomti is not located in a great area, but the room was clean. The food is not great in their restaurant (oily and over priced). The hotel is just a stones throw from the Dwarkadhesh temple. Dwarka is a small city. For food I would recommend hotel Sharnam or a road side paratha joint next to State Bank of India (Dwarka).

The river Gomti is just opposite the hotel and we spotted a few migratory birds there. If you are a photographer then you should go near Rukmini temple, I spotted close to 15 species of beatiful birds including Kingfisher, Pelicans etc...

Would highly recommend this hotel as there are very few choices in this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveller_Mum1979
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Cannot say it is a great hotel but a comfortable one

First it is listed as B&B in trip advisor but breakfast is not free. The hotel provides bread butter jam as the restaurant on the first floor opens only around 8 AM. If you have to leave early then they also pack it for you. The tea also tastes good.
A Rs.15 water bottle costs Rs.20 in this hotel, free Rs.5 without any cooling etc.
They do not provide soaps, towels and shampoo unless you ask for it
Sea facing rooms are only two bed ones. We took a 3 bed one but it was comfortable and neat and the staff were cordial enough.
If you book this hotel through Internet be sure to carry the proof of you paying money into their account. They never acknowledge it unless you carry proof to that effect.
Also they close their accounting by 4 PM so be sure to pay before that if you are checking out late and going to pay through your card

One good thing to be said about this hotel is that it it barely five minutes walk from the main dwaraka temple

Room Tip: If only a couple and a small child you can take a sea facing room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2012

i enjoy and darshan and other religion place . this hotel and facility and food is super.
the gomti river and dwarkadhish temple is walkable distace and good loaction of sea view..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

The purpose of this Response is to briefly introduce our-self at Luxurious Hotel Gomti ( Dwarka ).

Accordingly, as a first step in our customer familiarization process, As Administrator of the
Hotel Gomti. I would like to welcome you as a new member of our community. As a longtime Guest. I am sure that all Guest will enjoy living here and our services.