“Good experience”

Marasa Sarovar Portico, Rajkot
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Rajkot
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I came to Rajkot after some years and am glad to find a nice good valued hotel at a good location.
We stayed here for one week and are at our last day here happy with this place.
Clean rooms, with enough space even a little table with sitting corner at the window. Nice variety of Breakfast with indian and continental dishes. The doors are as often in india noisy when closing them. As for, every neighbour coming home late or having visit was a reason not to sleep thoroughly deep.
Laudry was good done. Room service was nice. The Rooftop terasse restaurant with nice view was a good experience, could get cool in winter but they have good heaters.
What I also liked: I had some visits and no one was sent to my room. Also other deliveries as clothes weren't sent up to the rooms but carefully taken at the reception.
So if it is important to have your own privacy this has been offered to us at this hotel.

I have been travelled quiet a lot now in bharat my homecountry and have seen other accommodations as well that weren't that recommendable. So I really recommend this one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MsParijat
gmrpo, General Manager at Marasa Sarovar Portico, Rajkot, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel twice over few months. It is a complete value for money hotel.The rooms are comfortable. I was traveling for work so one is out most of the time. The food was decent. The breakfast spread was again decent. Could be more exhaustive. The service was fine. Overall as I mentioned earlier a value for money hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Menaka R
gmrpo, General Manager at Marasa Sarovar Portico, Rajkot, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Properties in Rajkot are generally overpriced. I mean they cost as much as in Ahmedabad . Sarovar Rajkot costs the same (almost) as Sarovar Ahmedabad. But since it's a new property. The rooms are fresh and clean . Bathroom is a bit crowded though . Restauraunt is pretty decent . So is the breakfast menu.
Overall a good place to stay . Location is almost in heart of the city

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Shirya

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Right then, so it was the later part of November'13 when I visited Rajkot for a 2 night, 3 day event. I checked into this hotel after about 24 hours of journey by trains, buses and taxis from Delhi to Rajkot and needless to mention, I wanted some relaxation for my mind and body!

And I was at the right place. The room looked nice and spacious (not so spacious, but good for double occupancy), the washroom was as per the standards and well lit up. The staff made sure I was welcomed and they were quite courteous to me.

Room service did well by getting my bed tea and newspapers at the right time on both mornings since I had early starts to the day. There are two restaurants in the hotel, Mehek (Pure Veg) and Sky-lounge (where they serve Non-Veg as well). Sky-lounge is the rooftop restaurant and its a nice experience having a dinner on a pleasant evening here.

The food was decent. The breakfast in Mehek was nice and filling. They have a small Gym too for the fitness freaks, however for a hotel of this size, I expected the gym to be bigger and better.

I did have a boring birthday their but that's more because I personally did not like the city much. Needless to mention, the liquor is hard to get and you need to fill up a few forms and submit your ID etc to get limited liquor at some Imperial Hotel (apparently they told me thats the only place where you can get liquor in the city) which is a cumbersome process.

Overall, a very good place and value for money!!!

Till my next reviews from Uttarakhand and Kashmir (later this month) - stay safe and pack light while travelling!

Cheers
Sumit

Room Tip: If you really need to have drinks (alcoholic), please make prior arrangements by talking to the hote...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sumit S
gmrpo, General Manager at Marasa Sarovar Portico, Rajkot, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A very nice hotel...
Location is very good...
SERVICE: AMAZING. Was given an early check-in (like really early at around 8am) and a late checkout (around 4pm), without any hiccups. There is no door-man and not enough bell-boys either. But if you call for them, they would be there promptly, ready to help. ROOM SERVICE: Not too much of a choice. Breakfast took sometime to deliver, but on the whole not all that bad as far as service goes. Did not like the food all that much. BREAKFAST BUFFET & ROOM SERVICE FOOD: Not very extensive a menu, the basics are all there. But quality can do with a lot of improvement. We went in late for breakfast one day – around 10.15 am (breakfast times are 6.30 – 10.30) and there were no cutlets left. When I asked for these they ensured that a fresh batch was made and piping hot cutlets delivered in some time

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brijesh_Singh2013
gmrpo, General Manager at Marasa Sarovar Portico, Rajkot, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Reviewed November 6, 2013

its a good hotel and i been there with my family and the rooms were clean and tidy with the well maintained ambience and friendly staff was a good place near to a park and restaurants everything a traveller searches for..good place to stay in rajkot..!

Room Tip: every room is well maintained
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sangameshwar
gmrpo, General Manager at Marasa Sarovar Portico, Rajkot, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am a very frequent sarovar guest and my 1st choice in any of the city but this hotel was pretty let down for me personally.

Pros:
Close to work centre

Cons:
Delayed Room Service
Minimal Hospitality unlike all other sarovars

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Naveen2807

Dear Valued Guest,

I am personally dismayed to know of the incidents which affected your pleasant stay at Sarovar Portico Rajkot. We will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Sarovar Portico Rajkot.