“Excellent service and value for money”
Review of Riad Baddi

Riad Baddi
Ranked #11 of 12 Sale B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

After a long train journey we were tired and hungry. We had already notified the riad by e mail of what time we would arrive and a very lovely 3 course meal was piping hot and ready for us- served by the helpful javad. The surroundings were very beautiful and authentically Moroccan . Our rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfast was nice and filling. Internet reception was great downstairs and in upstairs seating area although weaker in our rooms. Both javad and Hannane were very helpful in giving us directions. Hannane your written directions to the sights in rabat were excellent. Thank you for a lovely stay . We even got to see the main sites in salè- the mosque and lovely old madressa.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank AyeishaK

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Staying in hotels can be boried and I tried this Riad.
It's easy to find and located in the Medina, the old part of the city.
The owner is nice, will helping you and offered immediately (like in many places) a cup of tea.
We could also taking evening dinner - what we did - but nothing was asked about what we wanted and it took 2 hours (!!) to prepair a couscous. It was good prepared, but more because I was at that time (+/- 21h, after 2 hours waiting) really hungry than I really like couscous.
Breakfast is included in the price and also o.k.; if you don't want to eat locally, go to a Western hotel, but I tried it and accepted what they offered.
Rooms are o.k., even we asked 2 seperated beds and they offered a double bed, but brought later a single bed and even with the 3 beds in the room, it was still big enough to walk.
An interessent sight of the city can be seen from the roof, where you can sit so long you want.
It's really a nice adress and if they where quicker to serve the dinner (or just say that it would take 2 hours), then I think the place had to be nominated as excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank focus1965
H K, Gérant at Riad Baddi, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Sir, thank you for taking the time to write a comment on tripadvisor. We have taken good note of all your comments. Regarding to your comments on the dinner, we are deeply sorry to know that you had to wait 2 hours to have it , but you have to know that we are a small guest house and the meals are not prepared in advance . The reason why it took such a long time is that we had to go and buy the products and then take the time to cook them .We should have tell it to you when you ordered your dinner and we are sorry about it .Nevertheless we are happy to know that you had a good moment in Riad Baddi and we will be very pleased to welcome you for a next stay.
With all our very best regards

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The riad is Moroccan owned and run, so slightly different in style and approach to the foreign owned places, but none the worse for that. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful, which is good as it isn't particularly easy to find - though no where in a medina ever is. The Google maps pin was accurate, unusually. Room was cheap, large, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Mark_Willenbrock
Reviewed December 5, 2012

"Hanbal" room where I stayed has no view. Then again who needs the view, the view is to get out of the room and explore...

What can I say, it's a gem... 100% Moroccan style...

Very clean!

From the airport I paid 250DH right to the Medina's entrance. From there it's quite straight forward as you walk up straight you can see the Riad signage...

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank NurAkmar
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This riad, which is near on the main gates within Salé's medina area, is gorgeous, decorated in classical Moroccan style. My room was small but clean and comfortable, with a great shower. The staff were amazingly friendly and extremely accommodating with my dietary requests for dinner. Both meals I had there were fantastic.

I loved staying in Salé as it was super easy to get to the tram to Rabat (about a 5-10 minute walk from the riad) so I could experience the city, as well as get the suburban experience in a quieter place. You can walk to the beach from here, and there are some stunning ocean views along the western wall of the medina. Don't miss up the Muslim cemetery either.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Pranaful
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by this place. I arrived at the Rabat-Sale airport and, since I wanted to take the train to Tangier the next day, I decided to just stay in Sale and save a bit on the cab ride (I still got ripped off). From what I saw of Sale, I can understand why it’s not a tourist destination. The riad, though, is quite nice.
The best part, I think, was the hospitality. Jawad, the main employee, was a great help from the time of arrival (he made some tea the night I got in). The manager, though I only met him the morning I checked out, was also immensely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good (the typical Moroccan pancake/crepe with bread, jam, fresh OJ and coffee/tea). My room, at least, was very small and I don’t think it could fit a second person. It suited me, though. The fan cooled it down just enough to get some sleep, everything was decently clean, and the place (though not my room) had a lot of character. The price was also quite reasonable. If I was back in Sale, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank weezy07
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stayed one night at this riad. We can recommend it. The staff is friendly, breakfast is good.

It's a bit far from the centre of Rabat, but as from June there will be a tram from Salé to Rabat.

It's not luxurous but for that price, it's good.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple