WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Riad Marlinea

Riad Marlinea
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sale
Connecticut
“Hosts go above and beyond”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The couple who own the hotel went out of their way to help me and my friends; they walked us down to the market late at night, as it was closing up, to help us look at the last minute for some very specific souvenirs, and then rose early to serve us breakfast before a very early-morning flight. They also called us a taxi, and followed up with the taxi service when it didn't arrive on time. The riad is very nice and clean. The only drawback is that it is a bit hard to find; the taxi driver at the Sale station had to call the hotel to get directions (which the owners gave him very quickly and accurately). Getting across the river into Rabat required a short walk and rowboat ride; one of the owners walked us partway to the crossing and pointed out the way. For sights in Sale, it's more convenient, and it's only about a 15-minute drive from the main Rabat airport (which is actually in Sale).

Room Tip: There are only four rooms and they all have different pricing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WAS_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Asilah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

It is a special place in the heart of the medina of Sale. The breakfast is superbe and the rooms are very clean and stylish. But dont go during Ramadan; cause the f.... Imam was crying every morning 3.15; and the mosque is just next door :-/

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Norwich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We had originally booked a night to stay at The Repose, but they had over booked us, so we moved to Riad Marlinea.

This riad was very large, the rooms were lovely and the largest i have ever stayed in Morocco, but it could use a little bit of love.

This Riad is owned by a nice French couple who were very kind and even when into the town to exchange some money for us.

We had some nice wine here and in fact didn't really leave the Riad in the day.

The only downside was that we were given mild food poisoning from the salad we had at this Riad and on that note, we wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: My only advise is not to eat any food at this Riad, but there is not that much of a choice in Sale...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank andygrant
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

The hosts are lovely, lovely people and the room we had was spacious and really nice. The male owner even went to the shop on our behalf as the area the hotel is set in is a little bit 'rough'.

However, both my husband and I very stupidly ate the raw salad which the hosts made for us when we were hungry in the afternoon, and it made us quite ill. My husband woke up in the night with severe stomach cramps and diarrahoea, and my own severe diarrahoea became apparent the next morning. In fact, I have been so ill that I am only beginning to recover two weeks later. The only raw food we both ate in Morocco was at Riad Marlinea, so it would seem that regretfully, it was the salad which brought on the illness.

Apart from this, the room was clean and nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pirret
marlinea, Gérant at Riad Marlinea, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I'm sorry what did happen to these people, but I do not think that a salad and washed with a little olive oil make her sick so long, I rather think that they can be had to drink the tap water. j hope that now everything is fine and that even when they will keep good memories of the maroc.je remerci for their comments, and hope one day the Révoires in Morocco
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at Riad Marlina for two week due to doing fieldwork in Rabat, and I didn't want to spend the nights at some hotel in busy Rabat city. Staying at the Riad Marlina in Sale (3 stops (5 minutes) with the tram from Rabat) was the best choice ever. The hosts Patrice and Nadia became like a close familiy and served peppermint tea and wonderful moroccoan cuisines day after day. I slept as a princess in my royal suite and every day when I came home from work my room was tidied and styled with rose petals. Whatever help I needed they assisted me happily (I don't speak french and could need some help when booking train tickets, finding the way, shopping etc). Staying in Sale you get to experience a typical arabic district with little tourism (I didn't see any other tourists than me!) - and I recommend you join Patrice and his friend Daniel when they're out to buy dinner in the Medina. I give my warmest recommendations for Riad Marlinea - a stay I never forget.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank gekkogirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
The Repose
#5 of 41 in Rabat
B&B Rabat Medina
B&B Rabat Medina
#15 of 41 in Rabat

Been to Riad Marlinea? Share your experiences!