We are just back from the best holiday ever , a hidden jem I wish I had found Firstly we read the reviews which turned out to be true all perfect except one in my eyes , we arrived tired and iin the holiday mood , we gathered all our personal things i.e wallets passports etc to get a safety deposit box and paid the small amount of €20 for the fortnight for the 2 of us which is nothing compared to what you pay elsewhere , I sat at the bar whilst my partner took the valubles in his pockets etc up to the room where we just left our cases , he came back and were speaking to the barmaid sophia who also bookes people in , when this man appeared behind the bar asking my name , instantly I thought something had happened back home or something had been done wrong with the apartment , he then asked" this will be yours then " I sat with my mouth wide open , to find whilst my partner took the valubles to the apartment the wallet had fell out of his pocket , much to my surprise , kostos the owners wife had found it and returned it with the €700 in it " well I was overwhelmed " and shocked as back home not as many people would be so honest to return it with the money in it , this just set a president for the holiday and the days just got better and better , the resort has around 30 apartments and studios , we booked an apartment which was perfect very clean and spacious , the maid was in cleaning 6 days a week the sheets and towels got changed every 3 days , it had all the facilities to cook if you wanted to , but we found it was that cheap to eat out so never really used anything apart from the fridge ! The meals we had when out and about were excellent if you went down to the restaurant at the panorama " who the same guy owns the apartments" we got 10% discount but the food was really good quality and the service was excellent an average meal for 2 - 2starters 2 main courses , water , and a bottle of wine for €25 , we also tried the balcony restaurant which was just as good but didn't compete with the genuine service from kostas and his father who owned the buissiness and passed it to the sons , this was I genuine family run restaurant with great quality food at such affordable prices , usually after our meal we went to a bar opposite called kazoos , where Kim, Gina , and Tim , we're fab , drinks everywhere were cheap , €2 a pint of local beer , wine around €3.50 a bottle , we tried the beach where you got a lounger and parasol for 2 all day for only 5euro (around £4) the pool at the resort was perfect most people over 30,s and no chavs , some with a family but well behaved no loud music and perfect for relaxing , Sophia was excellent nothing a problem and done some mean bar snacks dirt cheap , to mention you got 6 bottles of 1.5ltr water fir your apartment for only €2 . We booked the air con at €6. A night which was well worth it , I can say that the Thomsons rep Emma - lou brilliant and was there most days and there to help , but I can say people must have really sad lives if they have anything bad to say about this resort , I would strongly recommen this resort and location for a quiet relaxing holiday , if you want to party book kavos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dora's apartments & studios were established in the year 2000. A new complex was created and is operating from our family always having in mind top quality service, clean environment and customer satisfaction. We pride ourselves on the services we offer, the fact that we are always there for the visitors who are treated as guests. At Dora's you will find family members willing to answer all of your questions regarding the island, places to go and excursions to take, also receive help in many things during your stay at Zakynthos island. Dora's apartments and studios offer accommodations for the family or for couples and friends. The rooms are situated around the complex's swimming pool so that everybody can enjoy the sun around the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Dora's Apartments and Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dora`s Apartments And Studios Hotel Argassi
- Dora's Apartments And Studios Zakynthos/Argassi