Just come back from a week's stay in the Windmill Studios, Argassi, Zante. What a lovely establishment this is. Clean, comfortable, room sizes are larger than adequate. Room was cleaned on a daily basis, towels and sheets changed every other day. Can't fault the Windmill Studios at all.
You reach the Windmill Studios by a road with a slight hill leading off the main road. When we arrived in the early hours of the morning, we were greeted by the night porter who drove down in his 4x4 to take our cases up to reception! What service is that! The room was larger than average and we were very surprised at how big it was. Very clean and comfortable.
If you stay here you must attend the Greek nigh which is held every Monday. Well worth the 12 euros per person. The meal you get is fabulous and the Greek dancing was out of this world - better than anything I've seen previously in Greece. All in all a fantastic night.
Not much of a beach in Argassi but the water is clean, clear and warm. There is a bit of a beach further along but everyone seemed to be getting the free bus service to St Nicholas Beach. We didn't bother with that so can't comment.
If you're after tours then you must visit Peter at Mamfredas Tours. What a lovely, lovely man he is. Very helpful and very, very friendly as are all the people in Argassi. They can't do enough for you. Very welcoming.
Places to eat - the Athina Restaurant is highly recommended. When you walk along the main road towards the Church, when you come to the Magic Mushroom, the Athina is down a small lane leading to the beach on the right hand side. Also the snack bar 24/7 and the Double Grill. There are plenty of other places to eat and drink but these ones are the best that we found for us. You are greeted with a handshake, the waiting staff are excellent and when you leave, your hand is shook again.
Plenty of shops/bars/restaurants/supermarkets etc.
I can't fault Argassi or the Windmill Studios at all and will be going back at some point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family run aparthotel with traditional and friendly hospitality. 200 M from beach. 20 Minutes drive from Zante Town the capital city of Zante and in easy driving distance to some of the best beaches on the Island in the area of Vasilikos. Close to the resort of Argassi but set in a quiet area off the main road, Our accommodation is suitable for all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Windmill Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmill Studios Hotel Argassi
- Windmill Studios Zakynthos/Argassi