Travelled to the Windmill Studios for two weeks in August last year as a party of five. Four of our party had travelled to Argassi three times previously while the other was visiting for the first time.
We had stayed in two different hotels in Argassi prior to this holiday, and neither have come close to the experience that we had at the Windmill.
I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel or the people who work here. From the moment that we arrived to the moment that we left we were made to feel very welcome by all of the staff. From Jenny and Dennis, to the girls on reception, to Julian, Helen and the boys behind the bar, nothing ever too much trouble for them and they always had a smile on their face when talking or serving you.
We had emailed previously to ask for the rooms as close to each other as possible, and we were very happy to find that they had managed to do this for us. The hotel itself is in an ideal location set back from the main road and on the outskirts of the main centre of Argassi. However, it is a only a short walk (or cab ride if feeling lazy) before you are in the centre of Argassi and surrounded by some great restaurants (Ethnic, Stars and Peppermint to name a few). All rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean with great shower facilities and a daily maid service. The pool is of a good size, with plenty of sun beds available. The food at the hotel is absolutely brilliant, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, and all drinks are served ice cold (particularly the Mythos!!!) and reasonably priced. Entertainment is available nearly every night, from karaoke, quiz and bingo night to singing acts. Special mention for the hotels Greek night, which is truly fantastic and definitely not to be missed.
All in all the holiday was fantastic. Argassi is a beautiful part of Zakinthos to visit, and our stay in the Windmill hotel certainly capped off a great holiday.
We have already rebooked for August this year, and we are counting down the days till we are back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family run aparthotel with traditional and friendly hospitality. 200 M from beach. 20 Minutes drive from Zante Town the capital city of Zante and in easy driving distance to some of the best beaches on the Island in the area of Vasilikos. Close to the resort of Argassi but set in a quiet area off the main road, Our accommodation is suitable for all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Windmill Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmill Studios Hotel Argassi
- Windmill Studios Zakynthos/Argassi