We read some negative reviews before going to Diana Palace, Argassi, Zante (7 nights, all inclusive), these reports said the food was always the same and had service issues - some not worth mentioning like a cleaner forgetting to replace towels, which was solved within a couple hrs. Anyway, during our week there, the food was top class, variety (from fish fingers and chips, to lovely beef and chicken dishes, salads, pastas and authentic greek dishes like "kokkinsto", the chef was out in the restaurant cooking in front of the diners some nights. The staff were very freindly and fluent in english. Our room was of good size, with kitchen area, bathroom of decent size, room for 3 beds a dressing table and a nice balcony (hair drier in room). We did hear of others less happy with their rooms though, some are smaller only fitting a double bed in the main room area, and it sounds like the room we got (for 2) is used for families of 4. However, the room was clean and how long are you intending to be in the room, when its so sunny outside!
The pool and sun lounger area was nice and clean, the pool was good size and fairly deep (over 2m, there was a small kiddy section and a shallow end of the main pool. There was food and drink served from 7am to 11pm daily, alcohol available from 10am. Good selection of local spirits for the all inclusive.
The weather we had was fantastic, 30 - 39 deg C through the day.
The negatives (these are minimal) The entertainment at Diana Palace was the real let down - it was ok, but not befitting the rest of the hotel's high standards. There is air con in the rooms, but we had to pay 35euro for the week (or 50euro for 2 weeks) to use it. Not much of a nightlife, but this did not bother us.
Zante, does not offer sandy beaches, there are a few around Laganas, but if you want sandy beaches don't go to Zante. We wanted a peaceful, sunny holiday, with beautiful landscapes - and thats what we got! I would advise you take a boat trip, the one to Turtle Island was excellent we saw the beauty of the island, got to swim in the calm, clear, torquoise blue sea , but unfortuantely we didn't see a turtle - bad luck and time of year (Sept - after the main nesting season) was the reason.
We took a local service bus 1.40euro per person from Argassi to Zante Town. A fantasitcly cheap adventure (and pleasant,the bus was a proper coach, with air con.). We spent around 2 hrs in Zante Town, which was very interesting in terms of buildings, large harbour and lovely mountain backdrops.
We paid around £550.00 per person for 7 night all inclusive...and feel we got value for money, so if you can get a similar price - go fo it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diana Palace has a superb location in one of the finest and cosmopolitan area of Argassi. It is situated only 3 km from Zakynthos town, 5 minutes walking from Argassi beach and moments from the finest Vasilikos beaches. Everything you expect from a contemporary hotel, but with a unique personal character. Offering an interior of 120 spacious hotel rooms and mature gardens on the outside where palm trees lead down will make your holidays relaxing and worry free. For those who like to get out-and-about, the charming area of Argassi is well worth a visit. The hotel, with its friendly service and loyal staff, offers every comfort and facility for guests of all ages, to ensure the idyllic holiday that brings our guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, HostelWorld and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diana Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diana Palace Argassi
- Diana Palace Hotel Argassi
- Diana Palace Hotel Zakynthos/Argassi