We have just arrived back in rainy uk from two weeks at this lovely hotel.
It is very central clean and the staff are more than brilliant. Marco the restaurant manager deserves a special mention, he is so attentive and helpful. I am a fussy eater and do not touch red meat, so I usually struggle. On my 2nd day he came to me and asked if everything was ok, I said yes, he then asked me why I was only eating salads or veg I told him I did not like red meat but it was not a problem soup and salads with feta cheese was fine, No he very kindly got the wonderful chef to cook me a piece of chicken or fish freshly every night, Never has anyone anywhere I have travelled (and we have been carribbean and all over med etc) bothered to take the time. I felt like a queen, it was so nice and so very good of him and the chefs to do this. The other food was lovely too my husband really enjoyed his moussaka n the home made burgers in fact he said all the meat was beautifully tender. The choice of veg was good and there was always fruit on. Cannot thank the restaurant guys enough. Thanks to Marco Sakis Miera and Maria and Cristina I hope the management know what gems you are.
Bar man Stahis works very hard is always cheerful helpful and willing to advice local information if you want it, he will even bring your drink to you and hes such a happy guy. Bill in the lobby bar at night was good too
Animation team was down to 3 when we got there Orlando Alex and Victoria, there were games to play in the day and quizzes at night, and the customly bingo. I am not big on bingo so found this a little boring but was nice to see folk win a bit of money. Enjoyed playing darts although I cant hit the damn board jenga silly golf game all good fun, These guys try hard n must be disheartened sometimes when folk just don't want to be bothered. So thanks guys we enjoyed your efforts.
Ladies on reception are quick to check you in and take you to your room, and helpful with money exchange and information for getting around. All staff keep the hotel and rooms very clean and the pool area too gardens are nice plenty places to sit .
When we were there the resort was very quiet and lots were shutting down but it did not stop us having a good time or getting around, we walked 3k to Zante town a couple of times and had a couple lovely days out there. Lots to see n do or just sit on marina n watch the boats come in and out.
We had trips to Kefelonia, beautiful. Smugglers cove and turtle island and yes we saw two turtles, very nice but be warned take food and a drink with you to turtle island you are on the boat 3 hours n they only sell snack type foods but the have pop beer n water.
Would have like to see few more places but we had few days storm and the buses had packed up really, so when we go back will go sept so can get a good look round and do bit more.
Would have loved to do the crazy golf thing but could never see it open.
We went to Legends bar quite a few times, prices very good and Kostos plays some good dancing music. some times they have singer on too. Good times in there!
A good time had by two over 50s met some nice people too, quiet relaxed hols.
Thanks again to all staff your all brill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diana Palace has a superb location in one of the finest and cosmopolitan area of Argassi. It is situated only 3 km from Zakynthos town, 5 minutes walking from Argassi beach and moments from the finest Vasilikos beaches. Everything you expect from a contemporary hotel, but with a unique personal character. Offering an interior of 120 spacious hotel rooms and mature gardens on the outside where palm trees lead down will make your holidays relaxing and worry free. For those who like to get out-and-about, the charming area of Argassi is well worth a visit. The hotel, with its friendly service and loyal staff, offers every comfort and facility for guests of all ages, to ensure the idyllic holiday that brings our guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diana Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diana Palace Argassi
- Diana Palace Hotel Argassi
- Diana Palace Hotel Zakynthos/Argassi