The hotel is not too big or too small, 120 rooms. The rooms are very clean, and a lovely friendly maid came in every morning to make beds, mop and replace towels if needed. The rooms are basic, but have everything you need.
The pools - there are two, the main pool is nice and clean and surrounded by sun beds/ umbrellas. During our two week stay we only had an issue getting a sun bed once, not a huge issue as there is plenty of seating around pool/bar area..! Didn't use the second pool, but looked nice enough, more for the children I think with a little pool slide and little play park close by, but plenty of sun beds.
Restaurant - lovely food, good choices for children and vegetarians, very clean. No matter what time you arrived , beginning or end of service, the food was always fresh and hot..!! They make some great creations out of the deserts and salads etc... the chef came around every evening to check everyone was happy..!
Bars - the bar staff are excellent. How Stathis at the pool bar remembers everyone's name and drink after a day or two will amaze you ...! Only slight criticism is the pop/mixers are bottled and can be a little flat. In the restaurant where it's dispensed by machine it's much better. For coffee lovers, try the iced coffee..!
Entertainment - Orlando and Valentino are the two guys who provide fun and games around the pool. And believe me it's both optional and fun, make sure you don't lose or you will be doing the 'wiki wiki'....lol..! They really do a brilliant job and are lovely guys ! I felt the evening entertainment varied, we had some really fun nights, but some of the acts who came in where hit or miss, I suppose it's dependent on individual taste ... Belly dancing and magic are not my thing.
After reading the reviews and trying this hotel, I can see why so many people return. It's ideal for families and couples who are looking for somewhere to relax with a little fun. We ventured out to the waterpark and did a boat trip to the shipwreck. Both good value for money. The surrounding resort has some good bars and restaurants if you fancy a change. The shops pretty much all sell the same thing, but plenty of them.
If your visiting to experience culture etc...you will need to travel outside of the resort (easy to do.( Plenty of transport options) but if your after a reasonably priced sunny holiday, with good food, the friendliest staff, a nice pool and good accommodation you won't go wrong with this hotel. We will be visiting again..!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diana Palace has a superb location in one of the finest and cosmopolitan area of Argassi. It is situated only 3 km from Zakynthos town, 5 minutes walking from Argassi beach and moments from the finest Vasilikos beaches. Everything you expect from a contemporary hotel, but with a unique personal character. Offering an interior of 120 spacious hotel rooms and mature gardens on the outside where palm trees lead down will make your holidays relaxing and worry free. For those who like to get out-and-about, the charming area of Argassi is well worth a visit. The hotel, with its friendly service and loyal staff, offers every comfort and facility for guests of all ages, to ensure the idyllic holiday that brings our guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Diana Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diana Palace Argassi
- Diana Palace Hotel Argassi
- Diana Palace Hotel Zakynthos/Argassi