Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,020 results
All reviews self catering pool bar air con lower pool bars and restaurants the main hotel studio apartment lovely hotel the main road beans zante town great holiday main pool rooms are basic sun loungers cleaned daily banana beach
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I’ve recently retired from an IT career and now work with my wife in her ‘lifestyle’ Antique business and like many of us we need to keep our eye on the pennies. So this year we spent a little less than we have previously on a holiday. As you can imagine I was a little anxious but I shouldn’t have been… this was one of the best holidays we have ever had.

The hotel is lovely, no not 5 star but very good for the price range (we went with Thomson). The pools are lovely and the pool bar is perfect, the staff could not be nicer and Katarina takes the smooth running of the hotel very seriously and is always around to keep an eye open. My only criticism is that the bed was too hard for my taste, I’m used to something much softer, but after a few days in paradise it was easily forgotten. The breakfast in the morning was good, great Coffee and always fresh bread.

Argassi itself is busy and not particularly picturesque but on the plus side it’s full of lovely restaurants. The local beach in our opinion is disappointing but a few miles down the coast are some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, trust me… in particular Gerakas beach and Porto Azzuro Beach. You can get a bus from town for just under 2 euro each or if you’re a biker like me hire a scooter for a few days. By the way do stop off at Agnadi on the way back for a beer and breath-taking views.

If you like to take trips and you are with Thompson my advice is to take their trips, they are more expensive than the ones from the many street sellers but trust me its money well spent.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Harry G
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed for a week self catering second week of July.
The hotel is very friendly and clean. When we arrived our room was not ready so the receptionist took us to the pool bar bought us a drink and we waited for about 20 minutes. When she returned and took us to our room.
The room was very comfortable, looked freshly painted with fairly new looking furniture. The drawers were the slow closing kind, which helps with noise control.
The kitchenette consisted of a fridge, 2 electric rings ,sink, toaster, kettle , frying pan sauce pan.
There were 6 glasses, 2 small cups and saucers, tin opener and a small assortment of cutlery plus bred knife. 2 glass bowls and 4 plates. There is very little worktop space. It would be ok for preparing a simple breakfast or lunch but nothing more. We only really made tea/coffee and ate all our meals out. So this was not a problem for us.
The WiFi was really bad, even sitting at the pool bar you could not get the pool bar wifi. Sometimes the reception one worked but then just cut out after a few minutes. However plenty of bars have free wifi, some better than others.
Now for the shower.It was of the hand held type with a small shower tray and a curtain which sticks to your body while you shower. The floor gets soaking so take a spongy cloth to mop up.
The hot water is hot enough to make a cup of tea! so please be VERY careful, the hot tap itself gets so hot you can hardly turn it off.
The beach in Argassi really is not good, I wore my beach shoes as it is very stoney. There is loads of seaweed which can be a bit smelly in places.
As previous reviewers say St Nicholas beach is nice, with a free bus pick up. You have to pay for a sunbed each to get a return ticket. The music was a bit loud for my taste too. BEWARE the return bus sometimes leaves earlier than stated so make sure you are there at least 10 minutes before leaving time.
Sleep quality- you are completely at the mercy of your fellow guests. the first part of the week it was great. The second part of the week we had young couples on either side of us. They would play their music on the balcony(not too loud) but when it is club music on one side and rock on the other it gets on your nerves after a while. They returned home in the wee hours making lots of noise, and one night one side had an almighty domestic at 4.30am!!!! Not the hotels fault though.
Would I return, yes to the hotel, no to the resort but only because of the beach.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ramseygirl
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Greeks are very friendly, the hotel was nice and clean. It also featured two large pools.

I had bed and breakfast, the breakfast was ok in terms of choice, though quality was not great. Cheese and ham was quite cheap, same sold in he shops though. Orange juice was gross. However, they did have something different every day, and it was fine for the money.

If you are I'm self catering, you may find it hard to find food. There are plenty of supermarkets but they are mostly tourist shops and what they sell is very limited. There are no big supermarkets that I know of.

Wifi connection was bad, I could not get a pool bar connection, could sometimes get one in reception, sometimes couldn't. On one day the whole of argassi had no wifi.

Finally argassi beach is not great, it's full of seaweed and pebbly with little sand. However, you can get a free bus to,st. Nicholas beach which is gorgeous, and well worth the trip than staying in argassi.

You will see many shops selling travel excursions. I went on the all around the Island one with my tours. It visited blue caves and shipwreck, there were two swim stops. It was great value for money, in my opinion a little bit long, as the most notable stops were just the blue caves and shipwreck , so didn't think going round the whole island was really necessary. Booking in a smaller boat prob would have been better. Shipwreck is well worth seeing, very busy though but still brilliant

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Sophie S
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here early July and will definitely be back. We had our 16 month boy with us which was quite sick for the first week but Katrina and all her staff could not do enough for us. They upgraded us to a bigger room free of charge when we asked,The hotel was very clean and the pool area and bar were perfect. Argassi as a whole was very nice people down to earth and very friendly

3  Thank pjlanigan
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for the first time and we loved it , it had all we needed it was close to ever thing the pools where brilliant , this hotel was very clean ,we stayed in the studios which were ok a bit dated but clean the bed was a bit hard and the shower was'nt very good be careful off the hot water coming out of the shower it's very very hot and could quite easy burn you til you get use to it but even with those negitives we would still go back ,we had a brilliant holiday and enjoyed it very much.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank audrey r