“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Argassi
Ireland
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just spent a week here in the self catering studios and thought it was a very nice hotel. Lovely staff and Katerina herself was very often seen around the hotel ensuring everything was running smoothly. Rooms are adequate and have everything you need. The only thing I would say is the shower is small and the shower curtain clung to you everytime you were having a shower which was a bit annoying!. This did not bother us too much though and wouldn't put us off staying there again.
Our room was spotless and we were pleasantly surprised to see the cleaners visited our room every single day to either change or make up the bed and provide clean towels if needed. I thought this was a very good service to provide for self catering apartments. We even left our room late one day - around 12 p.m and when we came back the beds were made. The air conditioning in the room works very well and costs €5 per day - well worth getting as I don't think you could sleep without it in high season. There is a fridge in the room which was free of charge. Safes are located in reception and cost €15 per week.
We didn't spend too much time around the pool area as we preferred the beach bars where it was cooler by virtue of the sea breeze but we did spend one day there and it was lovely but very hot! . Good snack bar and again, nice friendly staff.
There wasn't a whole lot provided in terms of entertainment - maybe 2 nights out of 7. We went to a Greek night one of the nights which was good fun. One guest complained about the noise which I thought was somewhat unreasonable considering it is a holiday resort and it really wasn't that loud if you had your doors closed in the apartment.
Overall I think its a great hotel. They also provided a room for us to shower in on the day we checked out, I thought this was a nice touch.

When considering some people's reviews, I think you also have to bear in mind the price you are paying. It was a basic but perfectly adequate, clean and central hotel and I would have no hesitation in recommending it. The room decor may not be the most modern but it is clean and after all you do not spend a whole lot of time in your room in a beautiful place like Greece.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about noise, maybe ask for a room away from the pool area.
4 Thank Dee_202

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We visited Oct 2012 for 2 weeks and it was very quiet as the resort was in the process of closing down for the Winter. The staff at the hotel were lovely and friendly and all areas were kept very clean. It was a really relaxing holiday just lazing by the pool. The resort itself was very nice but no beach to speak of, although there was a free bus service to a nearby beach. All in all a really great stress free holiday. Loved it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave D
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We travelled on 23rd May and stayed for 2 weeks self catering. We had a wonderful time. The apartments are perfectly located for wandering around the area. There is a tourist train which runs from the bottom of the road to Zante Town a few times a day. TIP: don't go on a Sunday as everything is closed. The accommodation itself is clean but basic. The beds are very hard which we found uncomfortable but we have a memory foam mattress at home so I guess its what you are used to. The cleaning staff were excellent and maintained a good standard. The main pool was large with plenty of sunbeds. The pool bar was fine, although I found the price of coffee and cocktails a little on the high side. Mythos is the local lager which was more reasonable, around 2.5euro for a large bottle. The food served here was excellent, a good standard and plentiful. We had a large balcony with views of the mountains which was perfect for us. We ate out every night and particularly liked Dionysos, Ethnic and Zorba's. Zorba's was our favourite. General cost of a meal with wine was 25euro but obviously depends on what you order as some nights our bill would be around 40euro if we drank a bit more. I would recommend going on a boat trip to the blue caves and to see the turtles, we enjoyed this trip. We paid 25euros each for both and arranged it locally with no problems. I would recommend hiring a vehicle to get out as Argassi is quite small and the beach is not great so its worth hiring a car. Overall, I would say that these apartments are good value for money and are in a good location if you wish to get out and explore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VicMew78
Cork
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just back from a wonderful week at the Katerina Palace. We stayed in the self catering studios which are basic but on a holiday what more do you really need? The beds were comfortable with plenty storage in the room (for those people who care to unpack, I chose to rest my suitcase on the dresser and live from that!) All the studios come with a balcony, ours had a wonderful view of the pool area and the cleaners came everyday and changed the towels fairly regularly too.

The facilities attached to the Katerina Palace are wonderful. The place has three pools, the deepest one my swimming Other half assures me was very good. On this top level you have a lovely pool bar offering some very nice food and plenty drinks options. My advice? Get one of the Strawberry or Peach slushies from the bar, delicious! There is also a nice shallow pool on this top area which heats up beautifully in the sun!

This hotel is located in right in the middle of Argassi, literally a 5 minute walk and you are in the thick of things! However, the hotel is still very private and secluded if that is what you prefer.

What I really appreciated on our last day was the hotel have a room kept aside for people to shower or change before their transfers to the airport, this was very welcome as we had 8 hours between check out and transfer. Overall, I would thoroughly recommend the Katerina Palace, it may not be the most luxurious but for self catering here, you can't really go wrong!

Room Tip: If it's studios you are going for, I would go for the middle row, so studios 5-8 if you have the...
1 Thank blonde1001
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in the hotel on a b&b basis. Room was basic but at the price I would expect nothing more. Cleaner came in every day, very friendly and helpful.
Reception were very good and answered any questions. We paid for a fridge in the room €4 a day as I needed to store my medication. I thought it reasonable as not every hotel supplies a fridge in a room, in an apartment you expect it.
Breakfast was adequate, but if you were in late, lots of things had finished.

The only complaint I had was the noise from the bar at night, we had to shut the windows but hey..it was only a small thing.

If I returned to Zante I would probably stay here again. Very central.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jilly756
united kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

both myself and my husband have had yet another wonderful holiday at the Katerina palace hotel in Agassi (at the end of may 2013) we are always welcomed back with a lovely greeting and the staff could not be nicer we found that we had a new maid who did the cleaning but she kept the room spotless as did the previous maid a realy nice young lady and very pleasant bedding and towels changed every other day there are two pools plus a childs pool all very good also the pool bar where you can buy your drinks and good food at a very good price where you will also find the staff to be very nice and friendly could not be better we are both looking forward to our next visit regards to Katerina and ALL of her staff (some people are hard to please)

Room Tip: e mail Katerina she is only to pleased to help if she can
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sheilaunitedkingdom
Warrington
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks at Katerina Palace Hotel on a Bed & Breakfast deal.

We were really pleased with the breakfast room - nice and airy. The choices for breakfast included fresh/tinned /dried fruits, greek yoghurt, cereals, ham, cheese and usually boiled eggs. We never left hungry!
This hotel is very clean, rooms cleaned thoroughly every day, towels and bedding changed on a regular basis.
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful, we asked to change our room after 2 days because we were at the back of the hotel and getting no sun at all. Katerina herself organised it for us without any trouble and we moved to another room the next day. The hotel itself was very quiet which was what we wanted, the pool area was well set out and there was plenty of choice for drinks and snacks. The Bar was well stocked and didn't charge silly prices.
We visited the Piccadilly Restaurant (which is owned by the hotel) about 4 times - the food is very good, as guests of the Katerina Palace you get a 10% discount but we would return to this restaurant even without the discount.
This holiday was so enjoyable we have just rebooked to go back again in September.

2 Thank estherj23