“Another great holiday!”
Review of Agoulos inn

Agoulos inn
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Argassi
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I think some of these reviews are just laughable, obviously some people are born to complain. We've been coming here for over ten years and have never felt the need to make a single complaint. The location is idyllic, right next to the sea and within easy walking distance of numerous restaurants and shops. As for comments about cooking facilities, for heavens sake leave the cooking to the locals and go out and enjoy their food! You're on holiday! I for one will be returning next year having just arrived home from yet another fabulous holiday. If you want five star facilities then book a holiday in a five star hotel, it's that simple!

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank NickBottomley

Reviewed July 10, 2013

i loved the place....it's perfect,near to the beach.the rooms have wonderfull view and the stuff is great.defintelly i'll go back zakynthos and i will chose the same hotel...it's my second year on the island and the first time i was in another hotel.i won't same name because it was a nightmare....so i'll just stay set on agoullos inn

Room Tip: high floors are the best
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank 13alina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have chosen Agoulus Inn for the beautiful pictures they have on their website, but things are not what they seem there. Also, if you know your rights and you go ask for them, you get what you want(most of the times) but nobody will be so kind to you to offer you even something that you paid for. They don't tell you that you have a wireless connection there. the signal is so bad that you have to go to the reception to have a internet connection, but nobody tells you that if you need internet, you can come to the reception. we had to notice this by ourselves. Usually, each location that offers WI-FI to its customers should have this notes somewhere.
Now let's get to more serious stuff:Even though we booked a double room, 3 MONTHS AHEAD and they gave us something in a rush, cause you know, double or triple...same stuff:). THEY DON'T HAVE HOT WATER ALL THE DAY! you have hot water only in the morning and after 5 PM. The first time I noticed this, I went to the reception to ask what is happening, since we got back from the beach and the water was cold as ice and the manager told me the following when I asked why isn't there a note so the tourists will at least know this. She had a fake smile on her face and she asked me"what do you want from me? you're staying here for 2 minutes" and she left from the reception. she left me there, speaking by myself. She wasn't even polite enough to answer my silly question: "why isn't there hot water at a beach hotel and why weren't we told this?". The shower didn't had a curtain so it was hard to take a shower without swimming in the bathroom, the bath was always smelling like somebody was peeing on the walls, the breakfast was always the same and very poor, the dishes from the room were dirty.
Oh, one more funny thing: we had the fridge turned to 2 and during a cleaning session, somebody turned it back to 1. Not nice to go through your client's stuff ;)
The pool is there just so you can say they have a pool; that's it. It is very tight, you basically slide from 0,7 to 2,2 meters deep within its around 10 meters length. Also, after staying 5 minutes in that water, you get bleak fingers. The beach is not a beach at all: in some places, if you are lucky, you have 1 meter of beach, but the waves will often break into the protection wall.
The rooms from the ground floor don't have a balcony or even a window. They improvised something like half of the door is opening as a window, which makes you feel like you're in a cage.
Additionally, the hotel is very poor illuminated and it is quite scary to come to the hotel at 1-2 in the night. I was there when GabiOancea was robbed. I don't know all the details of the story, I was just one of the people that witnessed the moment in which the poor guys reported it to the manager at the reception and the her attitude was not very helpful.
If you feel the need to try and prove me otherwise, don't bother; I have self-explanatory pictures for everything I said. I wouldn't recommend this hotel even to my worst enemy. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank andreead191
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms are tidy, they don't clean the floor at all and the bathrooms are awful and very very tidy, it was a nightmare to go to the bathroom when it was necessary. The breakfast is very poor and the cutlery and the glasses are dirty. We had a poor sleep as we heard that other couples were robbed during their stay there. Wi-fi available only in the lobby. If you want air conditioning, you should pay an extra amount of money per day. The only advantage it has is the fact that the sea is right near the hotel and can go and take a bath, near the shore the water is small.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Serban I
Reviewed June 28, 2013

On 26 jun 2013, wile i was at sleep with my wife and my daughter some one enter our room in the middle of the night and stolen 500 euro and a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. This hotel has NO SECURITY, The manager of the hotel told was that is our fault because we do not use the safty box, a stupid explanation. I think someone was inside the hotel because on the door was not found marks of forced entry. There was absolutely no interest from the staff to resolve our problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank GabiOancea
wendy a, Manager at Agoulos inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

This guest reported to the management that 300 euros was stolen from his room while he was asleep with his family.Imediately the travel company was contacted to ensure that there was an accurate translation.The police was informed and a statement was made.The situation was dealt with calmly, efficiently and sympathetically &both guests and management provided assistance and provising food.Concern is felt that the amount quoted as 500 euros whereas 300 euros was reported to both the hotel and police.For nineteen years this hotel has had an excelent safety record & many people return every year to enjoy there stay.There are safety deposit boxes always available.It is a well known fact that other hotels have experienced such problems have discovered there to be fraudulent insurance claims that is why safety boxes are provided.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here last summer and we were more than pleased. The staff, starting with Wendy, was extremely friendly, the rooms were simple, clean, with A/C and everything (unfortunately wi-fi was only available in the lobby but that was no problem). Also ate there a couple of times and the food was great.

However, the hotel's main attraction is probably the view and the swimming pool. You can almost jump from your room into the pool and then into the sea. Perfect especially for a midnight swim. The hotel is also located away from all the noise in Argassi, but not too far, because you can reach the center in about 15 minutes (walk).

And, of course, la piece de resistance is the rooftop bar, perfect during a summer night, with great chill out music and with a fresh cocktail.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views, so don't worry. You might want to avoid ground level, because you'...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VladBalan
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have returned year on year to this hotel. It is in a perfect location not too far from the shops and restaurants whilst far enough not to have to loud hustle and bustle of the night life Argassi offers. The owners are very friendly and have become great friends with me and my family. They have added a bar on top of the hotel, which we thought would make too much noise for us to sleep, but it is comfortable and doesn’t disturb anybody, the bar B52 also offers a great night if you don’t wish to walk down into the center of Argassi.
The hotel is suitable for all ages with kids pools and activities, there was no time when you had to be back from a night out – as we were crawling back at about 4 am, as long as you’re quiet and respectful you will have no trouble.
The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable, you didn’t really use the kitchenette as the restaurants were cheap enough – we took a nice 5 min walk down to the Green Frog for 2 meals for €10 BARGAIN! – Also, they had a pool bar which served yummy burgers and sandwiches.
The pool area was clean and tidy, the pool wasn’t very big but it wasn’t busy either. Plus, right next to the pool was steps into the sea which was very enjoyable. It most hotels you had to walk a mile!
The only problems throughout the times I have stayed there is that there wasn’t anyone to greet you at reception when you arrived at stupid o’clock in the morning, however, there was a lovely lady called Jill I believe, who came and greeted you at 6am and gave you your room key. Also the sun loungers were often broken and pinched your skin, but you’ll find if you put a towel over the top that will suffice.
Overall it was a great enjoyable holiday, you will find the people there are

Room Tip: higher floors, so you can leave the doors open throughout the night. saves buying aircon!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family