“Terrific traditional food and unbelievable atmosphere!”
Review of La Dama Roja - CLOSED

La Dama Roja
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific traditional food and unbelievable atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been twice to this restaurant, and I just can say good things about it (and I can´t wait to return!). My first visit was in summer, where I went with a group of friends. Each of us enjoyed with our food (and the spectacular local red wines they have; try "L'equilibrista", my personal advice). They offer a wide variety of meat and fish dishes, delicious specialties of the Catalan cuisine (the jewel of the Mediterranean diet). And their portions are big, so you end up full and completely satisfied.

The waiter and waitress are very friendly and ready to advise you about wines, foods, dessert, and a combination of all of them.

My second visit was this last Christmas with my family, where I ate "Calçots", a typical Catalan onion that you have to dip in Romesco sauce. Don't miss the opportunity to experience it!

The owners, young and cool people, showed us the restaurant, and they have a huge patio for summer dinners as well.

And the best of all, the place is just a couple of steps away from the Mediterranean Sea and the Calafell's precious boardwalk. Happiness?

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank pbenitez10

Barcelona, Spain
“Classy, but so friendly”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

You can eat at La Dama Roja either from the menu or a la carte. The menu is slightly more expensive than at other restaurants around Calafell, but the food is delicious and beautifully presented. A bit special. They also serve the best beef fillet in town, cooked exactly to your requirements. The restaurant is very tastefully decorated, comfortable and, best of all, the tables are not so close to each other that you fell ´cramped´. There is an inside, totally charming open-air courtyard for outside dining when the weather is good. The owners are both extremelly friendly and helpful. A visit to La Dama Roja is never a disappointment.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Freddy048
Brussels, Belgium
“Very nice discovery”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

As we wanted to eat in a local restaurant and not on the crowded and touristic front beach area we asked the reception desk for an advice. That was it. A very nice restaurant, without "milions" of tourists, with a large terrace outside. Service was very good and effective. The dinner was very good at a very reasonable price. Very nice experience. We will certainly go there again!

1 Thank G V