We have just returned from our second holiday at Las Olas (7 year gap between). We had e-mailed ahead to request a high floor room in the Tenerife building if possible (as we had stayed in this building previously) - we got this and were delighted with the view from our balcony - it made our holiday as we were fortunate to see a whales on 2 occasions and a pod of dolphins.
The bath could have done with a bit of a refurb - it had been touched up with some white gloss. The kitchen is basic, microwave provided. We paid 10 euro deposit for a toaster but used a small pan for hot water. The cleaners visit the rooms twice a day changing towels and emptying bins again late afternoon. Can't comment on the half board/B&B option as we self catered/ate out. The supermarkets are very cheap and local restaurants very reasonably priced.
The gym is adequate - weights, a couple of old exercise bikes and one running machine.
The hotel is kept spotlessly clean. The gardeners are constantly working. All the staff are very friendly. The pools, as others have said, are cold but this was refreshing on the hot days we had (though one is heated and warmer).
The weather can be hit and miss our first week wasn't so good but we got a car and travelled around and did a few walks. The walk to Santa Cruz takes 45 mins - 1 hour (uphill on the way back though).
Highly recommend getting out and about around the island - it is very diverse and beautiful and a walkers paradise. We will definitely return one day and to Las Olas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel-Apartamento Las Olas is a 7-minute walk from Cancajos Beach, and a 3-minute drive from La Palma Airport. The complex features outdoor swimming pools, a gym and free Wi-Fi zone.All apartments Hotel-Apartamento Las Olas have a balcony or terrace and a living area with satellite TV. Guests can cook in the well-equipped kitchens, and there is a handy mini supermarket on site.The aparthotel offers a large sun terrace with loungers and views of the sea and mountains. There is a paddle tennis court, beauty salon and massage service. Bicycle rental can be arranged at the 24-hour reception.Secure parking is available on-site and an airport shuttle service is available. Las Olas is less than a 10-minute drive from the island's capital, Santa Cruz de la Palma. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Las Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Las Olas Hotel Playa De Los Cancajos
- Hotel Las Olas La Palma/Playa De Los Cancajos