Having read a few of the reviews on T/A was a bit concerned. But all 4 of us (2 teenage boys) had a great holiday using Las Olas as our base. The apartments are very clean and fairly spacious (compared to some we have stayed at). We didn't book B&B/half board as we had read some comments on here and prefer to sample the local restaurants anyway so can't comment on the food except to say the snacks at the pool bar were reasonable and well priced. The restaurant La Ola within the grounds was good and offered a reasonable 3 course (choice of 2 starter/2 main and desert for E9.50 - very reasonable and well prepared). If possible would suggest you ask for a room in the block "Tenerife" as this overlooks the pool and we felt it was the best situated in the complex and we were fortunate to be allocated our room there.
Would like to add that we never had a problem with hot water and it was always available on our return from a day out!
Would recommend a hire car as you can't appreciate what a lovely and diverse island La Palma is from the resorts - there is a v good bus service that you could use but it is still nice to get "off the beaten track".
All in all if we return to La Palma would not hesitate to stay at the Aparthotel Las Olas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel-Apartamento Las Olas is a 7-minute walk from Cancajos Beach, and a 3-minute drive from La Palma Airport. The complex features outdoor swimming pools, a gym and free Wi-Fi zone.All apartments Hotel-Apartamento Las Olas have a balcony or terrace and a living area with satellite TV. Guests can cook in the well-equipped kitchens, and there is a handy mini supermarket on site.The aparthotel offers a large sun terrace with loungers and views of the sea and mountains. There is a paddle tennis court, beauty salon and massage service. Bicycle rental can be arranged at the 24-hour reception.Secure parking is available on-site and an airport shuttle service is available. Las Olas is less than a 10-minute drive from the island's capital, Santa Cruz de la Palma. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Las Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Las Olas Hotel Playa De Los Cancajos
- Hotel Las Olas La Palma/Playa De Los Cancajos