This is a comfortable hotel with friendly staff, enjoys a good location near the airport (but not so close that it was a nuisance) and has transport links to the rest of this delightful Island. The view from our balcony overlooked the Atlantic and on the horizon sat Tenerife and Gomera - beautiful. We booked on a bed and breakfast basis and can confirm that the restaurant provided a varied buffet breakfast. For what we paid I consider this hotel to be exceptional value. It is not the place to go if your looking to have a rave up. It is the place to stay if you seek peace and relaxation.
We hired a car, not absolutely essential as I understand buses are frequent, and explored Las Palmas - the scenery in places is gobsmacking. Deep pine clad ravines, soaring mountains and volcanoes - lots of volcanoes small, medium and very large. The Island is verdant and because of its origins enjoys a wonderful abundance of flora from Banana plantations to cacti. We also went whale watching on the Fancy Two out off Tazacorte and saw Pilot Whales and Bottlenosed Dolphins.
The capital Santa Cruz is a pretty town nestling in what looks like an ancient volcano that has collapsed into the sea. It boasts numerous small plazas, plentiful restaurants which weren't overly expensive and a couple of Museums.
Of all the reasons to visit Las Palmas and stay in the Las Olas not least is the genuine affability and willingness to help of the locals. Lovely people, lovely Island we will return - I can imagine the Spring being splendid!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel-Apartamento Las Olas is a 7-minute walk from Cancajos Beach, and a 3-minute drive from La Palma Airport. The complex features outdoor swimming pools, a gym and free Wi-Fi zone.All apartments Hotel-Apartamento Las Olas have a balcony or terrace and a living area with satellite TV. Guests can cook in the well-equipped kitchens, and there is a handy mini supermarket on site.The aparthotel offers a large sun terrace with loungers and views of the sea and mountains. There is a paddle tennis court, beauty salon and massage service. Bicycle rental can be arranged at the 24-hour reception.Secure parking is available on-site and an airport shuttle service is available. Las Olas is less than a 10-minute drive from the island's capital, Santa Cruz de la Palma. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Las Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Las Olas Hotel Playa De Los Cancajos
- Hotel Las Olas La Palma/Playa De Los Cancajos