Stayed five nights as part of a SAGA Canary Island tour. Although we arrived late evening the check-in was prompt and we went straight to the dining room where a meal was ready for us - most welcome.
Our room was a reasonable size with a view over the swimming pool and sea. By looking to the right it was possible to see the airport (more on this later). The shower was very poor and the shower head was in need of replacement and water leaked out around the side of the head There was, however, no problem with the water temperature. Cleanliness was satisfactory.
The dining room was spacious although at times noisy as trolley loads of plates etc.were taken across the tiled floors. The arrangement of the food sections was also odd - ie butter and jams/marmalades not next to the toasting machines. These machines were also not very efficient and the fresh bread had to be put through several times before it became brown. The food choice was reasonable but not exceptional. The wines were quite good and prices acceptable.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel had a slightly run down appearance which was unfortunate. Carpets were very worn in places and the wall paper very battered in the corridors. Quite a spectacular waterfall with very large fish in the pond just outside the dining room.
Not a hotel for those nervous of aircraft. The runway is visible from some bedrooms and is around half a mile away. Fortunatly the airport is not very busy and most of the flights are local using turboprop aircraft which are able to turn out to sea soon after take-off and therefore do not fly over the hotel. However, a few jets operate flights from the UK, etc. and these are extremely low and noisy as they fly directly over the hotel gaining height. Nothing seemed to happen after around 10pm and therefore there was no disturbance during the night.
There is a bus into/out of town every 30 minutes and it runs until around midnight.
Overall a pleasent stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The H10 Taburiente Playa stands on the seafront, just 300 metres from the renowned Los Cancajos beach. The hotel's terraces with sea views, comfortable rooms, varied range of cuisine and large swimming pools make it the ideal place for your stay on the island. The bright rooms at the H10 Taburiente Playa have elegant and functional decor and are equipped with all the amenities needed to ensure a pleasant stay. The H10 Taburiente Playa offers its guests a full range of cuisine based on a selection of fresh produce and show cooking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, H10 Hotels, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your H10 Taburiente Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Taburiente Playa Hotel Playa De Los Cancajos
- Hotasa Taburiente Playa Hotel
- H10 Taburiente Playa La Palma/Playa De Los Cancajos