“Posh Hotel in Dipolog!”
Review of D'Hotel & Suites

D'Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dipolog
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Well pleased to know our city is expanding and this hotel brings out the best customers service. With a free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel the driver was a real gentleman carries my suitcase. Stayed overnight maybe can upgrade to soft bed next time if i am ask the bed a little to hard but in spite of that i had a really good night sleep due to a very long and exhausted flight. My room are soundproof and air conditioned were so quiet. Had a free breakfast too. All the staff from the receptions to restaurants and the guard were all very attentive polite and helpful. Perfectly run hotel by the management, Would definitely be back again with my hubby and will recommend to anyone. Thank you D'hotel for looking after me during my stay,, Thanks to the driver who picked me up and patiently waiting for me at the airport. See you all again soon :)

Room Tip: Any room is better!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Alma S
There are newer reviews for D'Hotel & Suites

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This new hotel in Dipolog City offers amenities you don't get in many a small city hotel. Its main cafe and restaurant Tonino's, is elegant and clean, food is 5 star in taste and variety, and the price is mind-blowing LOW! Japanese cuisine and some weekend band is offered in the 5th floor restaurant with a view to the sea on the west and the green hills on the east. Check out the wine room and furnitures! Rooms are for business stay, sparingly simple and clean and with enough fresh towels and a big flat screen TV (I stayed in a double and a family room). Check out the shower too. Staff is well trained. To top it all, it is in the city center, so you can walk to most points in the city from D'Hotel. Given that this hotel is just 3 months or so young, it should flourish as it matures!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank Ester P
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Gorgeous hotel!! There's a saying that first impression lasts, with this hotel structure, absolutely true but try to check their room rates and you can say that the rate is okay because it is not what you imagined by looking at the facade.. They also serve good food and there's no need for you to go out elsewhere to dine and wine.. Will definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank J C
Reviewed May 1, 2013

When I arrived at the D'Hotel the staff was very friendly as they remained through my eleven day stay there. In fact, the staff is really the standout at this hotel...friendly, accomodating and to a westerner, more courteous than one would expect. My kudos and thanks to all the staff there at the D'Hotel! The lobby was very nice and I was very happy for the moment. I agree with one other reviewer on the lack of air conditioning in the hallways which makes no sense for maintaining a constant temperature in the building and from a comfort standpoint. The room I had booked was a Queen Deluxe and when I entered the room I was taken back at how small the room was...barely enough room to walk around the bed comfortably. I indicated my displeasure to the staff and they upgraded me at no cost to a Junior Suite which was just barely as large as a regular run of the mill hotel room but it was large enough and was acceptable. After settling in for a little while I started to see a few issues. First, there are no closets or storage in any of the rooms. There's room for compact closets and storage but there is none and I would highly recommend the owner make those modifications. Second, many of the fixtures in the room are really cheap junk...and example. There was a sign saying towels hung up are considered for reuse and left on the floor for replacement. We attemped to hang up a towel and the towel rack literally fell apart and the staff had to come and remount the fixture which continued to fall apart even after they fixed it because it was such a cheap piece of junk! Sorry...it's just the truth. We had a few problems with ants that the staff took care of immediately and would no doubt be eliminated by keeping the hallways air conditioned. The shower is a mounted to the ceiling rain type fixture that I find very difficult to feel like you're even getting fully rinsed by and there are so much better fixtures that would have cost less than half what those cost (Hint...Speakman) that provide strong water flow with a low volume water. I have one other issue with the hotel and this one was probably the biggest inconvenience for me. There is no hot water in the sinks othere than in the Executive Suite (Not sure why they call it a suite) room. This makes shaving for anyone with any kind of beard just not possible so I had to get in the shower, wash my face, get out of the shower, shave the edges of my face along hairlines then get back in the shower and shave blind the rest of my face...a big inconvenience for sure.

All that said...my stay at the D' Hotel was pleasant and I would recommend it because of its location and staff. The food at Tonino's is also excellent. I was very happy with the free Filipino breakfast provided and the staff in the restaurant was excellent as well! I will say that with a few modifications that could be made by the owner for minimal costs, this would be by far the best choice for stay in Dipolog. It's new, it's clean, it's as conveniently located as it could possibly be and as I've said before, the staff really makes this hotel standout! There are plenty of places to eat nearby...I would recommend Grandma's and Jolibee is just two blocks down and the food is decent. The open markets are close by, pharmacys and little stores are all over the place and the boulevard, a short walk away, at night has great street food that you should really try.

Room Tip: If you have a heavy beard and need to shave while you're there I would recommend the Executive S...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Everything is great! Highly recommended! Value for money, great food, wine and service. The only hotel in Dipolog that will give you the best experience in comfort, price, food, drinks and service. The below zero beer and peanuts is just amazing!

Room Tip: Any room is perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AllanRazo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Beautiful hotel and a much needed boost to the hotels of Dipolog. Still on soft opening rates as of 17/04/2013.

A little disappointed that the halls and passages are not air conditioned and I would choose a room at the rear as the whole front of the hotel is glass and it is very hot right now in Dipolog.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back away from the glass frontage.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bigtilly
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Clean and affordable rooms, accommodating staff, great location - all in one place! Our stay in D'Hotel & Suites was definitely worthwhile. If you're in town and you need a place to stay, this place is definitely it. They have very reasonable rates for their rooms and their rooms exceeded my expectation. Although I had a hard time locating the room as ours was in the very end. But after one night we got used to it. The location is also very convenient - across is a gas station, the pasalubong center is just a 5-minute walk away, and there is a convenience store and pharmacy somewhere near. The only downside is their lack of amenities - no swimming pool. If you need to swim, just drive yourself to Dakak and enjoy a day trip to the beach.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 283christinec283
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dipolog
Ariana Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pinan
Top Plaza Hotel
Top Plaza Hotel
#5 of 7 in Dipolog

Been to D'Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!