“The Best in the City”

Description: Authentic Japanese Cuisine, Tapas + Bar + Grill
Melbourne, Australia
“The Best in the City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Umami Room has it's first class Japanese food. Olive Tree Bar gives enjoyment with their nightly performers and in other times we enjoy singing with their high end videoke. Love keep coming back

Visited September 2013

Metro Manila, Philippines
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I came in the restaurant with no expectation. I love Japanese food and I didn't want to get my hopes up because i don't want to be frustrated. I was surprised when they served the california maki and ebi tempura. It looked so appetizing and tempting. The taste of the food is more delicious compared to how it looks. I will definitely come back to try more.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Umami Room a place to Relax and Unwind!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Umami Room is a place to enjoy over good food and music.....Karaoke night is tuesdays and thursdays ....all the guests can sing their favorite songs or just simply listen to your friends singing ....i was @ Umami last night with my hubby and my great friend from Dubai ....we had Funamori (the boat )...the fish are fresh and all came from Japan ....and of course it tastes very good! We had Ebi Tempura ....i ate tempuras in many restaurants in America and Europe but for me Umami tempura is the best...and i heard the batter they used for the tempura came from Japan too... We ordered Hamachi Kama ...a grilled fish and it is very good ( a must try ) If you crave for Japanese foods just go to Umami and there you can have what your craving for....the place is cozy and the interior is classy ......Umami is until midnight but because we enjoyed a lot ...eating ,drinking and singing not knowing the time ....we stayed until 2:30 am and they didn't bother us about the time ....they let us enjoy ...that is how they value their customers.. From my experienced ...i can highly recommend Umami to everybody! Looking forward for my next visit to try different dishes and special soup!
.....Thumps up !!!

• Visited October 2013
Cebu City, Philippines
“Great Food for a Night Cap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Umami Room (japanese restaurant) and Olive Tree Bar was a great place to spend the night when the rest of the city is asleep early even before the stroke of midnight. It has a karaoke for anyone who wants to belt out.

The sushi rolls were of great quality. I liked their green tea ice cream, my companion loved their black sesame ice cream. The lightings and interior was great, the ambiance was just perfect for a night cap.

• Visited August 2013
Singapore, null, Singapore
“UMAMI.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

First thing I noticed was the excellent quality of the sashimi! The sushi was exquisite and it was obvious that they used fresh fish.

The service was good; our waitress was very patient and easy-going.

Tried the best tempura, sashimi with very authentic wasabi...With a very good Japanese ambiance.

I will be back definitely!!! To try again and again their tempura and shrimp sashimi...

They gave the literal meaning of UMAMI...with no exaggeration!!!

• Visited June 2013