“Great coffee, average pizza”

UrChoice Bistro Cafe
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Dipolog
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Wichita, KS
“Great coffee, average pizza”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

So I was eager to try this place as I heard it had an Italian owner. Italians and pizza…right? Well, it was not so great. The crust was decent but every time I lifted a slice, everything fell off. So I started cutting it up, that did not turn out so well either.
I think the preparation was off as I had never had my topping skid around the crust like that.
The pastas I saw served looked decent but a little dry. I like lots of saucing on my pasta, these offered were light on the sauce but looked decent.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank azroxx

“My choice!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Nice customer service as well. I love the pizza and pasta. It's a perfect place to eat with friends and loved ones....

2 Thank Mick C
Cernusco, Lombardia, Italy
“Even better...”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food as always, great and tipical italian hospitality not easy to find anywhere else: it's not enough an italian name for to offer a real taste of Italy. Urchoice gives a genuine experience that you must try yourself.
New foods made with love and passion and even the service it's improved.

2 Thank Stefano G
Metro Manila, Philippines
“A piece of heaven in Dipolog”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I never expected to eat in an italian restaurant as good as Ur Choice in dipolog. There menu selection is fantastic and the food is really great. Rolando the owner personally entertains his customers. It is a must try in Dipolog.

1 Thank AngelQ18
Dipolog City, Dipolog, Philippines
“Best restaurant in Dipolog hands down!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am an American living here in Dipolog City and I can say for one that there is only one place I know that offers true international food. For this reason, I am thankful that Dipolog City has UrChoice Bistro Cafe. I have eaten there with my wife on many occasions and I can say there has not been a time that we did not enjoy our visit.

Just so people know, I have been in the Food Service industry for over 25 years. I have been a cook, foreman, shift supervisor and a manager. I also have my certification in the FDA’s Serve Safe Program and have done quite a few health inspections so I feel that I am more than qualified to give my opinions about this fine restaurant.

First, I would like to start off this review like other reviews I have seen by the so called food experts:

UrChoice Bistro Cafe is a small restaurant located in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines, just down the street from ABC College. They have two small dining rooms as well as an outside eating area with grill. When you first enter the restaurant, you will notice that the place is clean, has a quaint, Italian feel to it with very pleasing music in the background. The employees are friendly, inviting and ready to serve you. You will also notice that not only is the dining room clean but so are the tables, glasses, dishes and silverware. Just by judging on how clean the dining rooms are, you would expect that the kitchen must be clean as well. Also, the staff are exceptionally clean with good hygiene and clean uniforms. First impressions are lasting impressions and when you run a restaurant as clean as this one is, then you feel good about eating there.

The atmosphere is laid back with the right kind of music. Nothing annoys me more than trying to eat a nice meal at a sit down restaurant with Rap, R&B, Pop, Rock or any other music with a hard beat. UrChoice has the right idea with the music they play in the background. The décor is nicely done with a nice Italian theme. This is a café after all and UrChoice does it right! UrChoice even reminds me of a few family owned Italian restaurants I have eaten in during my many visits to Italy. To top it off, the Manager is very friendly and is willing to talk to his customers. He wants the customer’s opinions on what they ate and if they enjoyed their dining experience. This is very important to me as a customer. This shows that no matter what the customer’s opinions may be, he is looking to improve his restaurant so that he can give his customers the best possible dining experience. This is not just excellent customer service; it also makes you feel you are a part of the family. A great atmosphere, music and a feeling of family, this is something that is also common in family owned restaurants you visit in Europe. Being that the Manager is Italian, there is no surprise that this is what you will get when eating at UrChoice.

The service is good and the staff is eager to serve you as you decide what you’re going to order but give you enough space so you do not feel like you are being rushed. Being that the kitchen is small, your order might not come out all at the same time which is not a big deal to me. This is very typical of a restaurant of its size and if you have been to a family owned restaurant in Europe, this is normal. Some might have a problem with this but this is not fast food. I doubt if UrChoice pre-cooks very many of its menu items like larger restaurants do. Personally, I think this makes the food better.

I have eaten many dishes at Urchoice including the salads, pasta, pizza, burgers, calzone and had some of that great and authentic Italian wine; Lambrusco. My wife has had the coffee which looks like the real deal like you get in Italy. I can say without a doubt that every dish I have eaten has been worth waiting for. It is nice to eat Italian food that tastes just like it does in Italy. I love the fact that the pasta and the pizza dough are homemade and that the dishes are inspired by real Italian recipes. Nothing beats homemade food. Honestly, I cannot recommend one dish over another because I have loved everything I tried and that is what I recommend you do as well. Try it all and decide what you like best. Another thing about this restaurant is that they get their supplies and meats from good sources. Food borne illnesses can be a major concern but that is minimized when you get your food stuff from good sources. Also, the Manager has a good knowledge about HACCP which is very important. HACCP stand for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point. It is a system that ensures your food is safe from processing to plate. Glad UrChoice takes food safety seriously. After all, that is part of a great dining experience.

There is not much else I can say about this restaurant but for the fact that not only are they the only real international restaurant in Dipolog City but they are also the best overall restaurant. Maybe they are not the fastest restaurant around but you cannot rush a good thing. So if you’re going to be in Dipolog City for a little while, I recommend you try this excellent restaurant. With great food, atmosphere, service and cleanliness, making UrChoice your choice is the right choice.

Lastly, I would like to comment on a review that was written about UrChoice back on March 15th, 2013. The reviewer rated UrChoice one out of a possible five saying that the food is average and the service is slow. The review goes on to say that jolly bee (Jollibee) beats UrChoice on service, food and atmosphere. First, like I said in my review above, I mentioned why I believe the service is the way it is at UrChoice. A small restaurant with a small kitchen preparing homemade food is not going to be quick. This is a sit down restaurant, not fast food. It is unfair to compare a quality restaurant with a fast food place. There is no way this review can be taken seriously. Jollibee is what it is. The atmosphere is loud and crowded with people in a hurry. The food is, well, fast food and I will leave it as that. The service is surly not that great. 98 percent of the time, Jollibee will mess up my order and that is not a joke. With this being said, I really wonder what motivated the reviewer to slam a restaurant that seems to be extremely popular with the people here. Please take this into consideration and go to UrChoice and be the judge of this restaurant yourself!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Todd G
Urchoice, Manager at UrChoice Bistro Cafe, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
To tell the truth, your review came after we sent an email to Tripadvisor asking to delete our Bistro from their website.
We DO NOT THINK we are the best, as you know, it is difficult to be always on the top in this kind of business, especially when we deal on Slow Food.
You got the core of all here, now I understand why, visiting us, you were professionally interested in knowing our procedures.
Unfortunately our Tripadvisor page has become a race to answer the March 15 review.
We are pleased to know we have guest like you to eat and enjoy our place here.
We know we make mistakes, we know we could be better sometimes, but we also know the passion and care we have in running our very small and humble place.
Thank you for reminding us to be always on top of our passion and care for the food we prepare and for all the guest who have chosen or are going to choose UrChoice Bistro for their meals.
Rolando Del Torchio