“UrChoise is my choise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Experience I had in Dipolog in UrChoise and was the best Italian food and a great environment here is Italian, arrive from Qatar and find myself in a little Italy in Dipolog Philippines.

I miss UrChoise

2  Thank Ciao B

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went to this restaurant based on others' reviews and was not disappointed. Although I walked in without any reservation, the staff managed to accommodate me despite the fact that they were fully-booked because of some local conference.

I ordered a Pizza Margherita and although they were out of fresh basil leaves, the flavour of the pizza and consistency of the dough all passed muster. Add to that the amiable staff and owner and you have one contented customer!

2  Thank rrg721
Reviewed December 7, 2012

You choose...you dip in to the food...you exclaim, "oh" and you log in to the web to share your experience, and you'll definitely have a deep 'tulog' (sleep) through the night.

First impressions do last! It's my first time to be in Dipolog, and you right away found a favorite place to dine and unwind the next time you visit it. Oh yes, forget the big names and the "commercially" produced pizza and pasta chains in the country. Because if you're in Dipolog, "UrChoice Bistro Cafe" should be first on the list. My taste bud always go for pizza and pasta. And I'm glad that Dipolog has this place to offer to visitors.

Ambiance is great! Great structure with an Italian touch. And it is located along a fancy-named street, ABC College Street. And, you will really think you are in Europe because of the fountain and ala-Big Ben structure of the school just a few steps from the bistro.

The crew members are very efficient. We arrived with no available seats. And you can see the concern on the crew'sfaces...as if it's their fault you're not seated right away. The crew is cool, because the owner is COOL too. Very accommodating and very warm in his approach to the customers, as if you have been in the place a number of times already. You don't get to experience that in most restaurants - fancy or not. He finds time to have a chitchat with his customers - some people might not like it because, they sometimes want a private moment. But once you get to hear him speak, you'll be delighted of his being "Ital-yan" - A Visayan-speaking Italian!

The food was great and the serving size is what I expected. We tried two pasta dishes and a pizza. That centennial pasta is just gastronomically inviting.! Penne pasta with sardines and that little spice kicks in just right. I drink coffee before eating, so I ordered cappuccino, and to my delight, they had this very stylish cup and saucer that will make your drink taste even better!!! Though I was hoping the coffee could have been hotter. :) My fault, I didn't have it changed because of the happiness I felt upon seeing this ergonomically designed cup and saucer. By the way, their plates are rectangular in shape that complements their square tables... This is better than having big round plates we find in other restaurants that usually consume space on the table.

So the ambiance was great, the people were nice, and the food taste even better, how about the cost? Of course, you don't go here if you are in a very, very, very tight budget. It's not too expensive, nor too cheap either. As they say, it's the right price, for the right people eating the right food. I haven't tasted their desserts and the other items on the menu giving me reason to dine here more often if I am in this part of the country.

So if you are looking for a place to eat and relax, this bistro cafe should be "UrChoice". Come in early... You might not have a seat of your choice. :)

2  Thank JuanMark
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Pizza & Pasta with a five-star class & taste. The pizza dough really has this chewy & real Italiano texture. Try their Pizza Roma & Blue Cheese Paris and add some melting cheese to make it irresistible. All of their pasta dishes are yummm... Your visit in Dipolog will never be complete without a dining experience at UrChoice. Price? very reasonable. "sulit"

3  Thank Chengloy M
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to UrChoice because of the incredible reviews. We tried a mixed pizza and were not disappointed although the Napoli side was a little on the salty side. The staff and management were very friendly and there was a good ambience throughout. The prices were a little higher than I expected and although the quality of the food and service was good throughout I feel that it was not as out of the world exceptional as the other reviews may lead people to believe.

2  Thank PaleBlueSunset