“Excellent resort and diving experience with Filipino charm”

Atlantis Dive Resorts Dumaguete
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Dauin
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Instant relaxation in comfortable rooms, loved the suites with the cushioned sofa so we could spread ourselves with ease. Gardens provide screening and visually enhance the surroundings and all is pleasing to the eye - and we can always forgive the interesting drive from the road to the resort (relative to the land owners I must emphasise!) which makes Atlantis appear even more of an oasis.
What can we say about the staff? Helpful, cheerful, good humoured and fun to be with. Thank you Josh (who managed to keep us supplied with our favourite wines) Cathy, Joanna, Audrey (giggle), Milty (sorry if misspelt) and Gloria. And the kitchen staff who provided such a good standard of meals and catered to our whims.
Diving was as expected - brilliant - thanks to Junnor, Wing (blue ringed octopus and chimp in his pocket!!) Alf, and Dek. Dive crews were slick and thanks all for the excellent fast transport :-)
Cannot forget Neil and his guitar (thanks for the 'Eye of the Tiger' at Apo).
The list of staff is endless - grounds, rooms, and ohhhhhh the spa !!
We didn't need an alarm clock as the local cockerel did us the service - and boy are they gorgeous glossy birds. I liked it so much I have changed my alarm now I am home to a cock crow so that I can smile with memories each morning.
Hope this will make you smile Toby !!!!
Best wishes to you all and trust we will see you all again. x Jacqui & John

Room Tip: Suites have covered and walled balcony with lovely sofa for additional comfort and room to spread an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
AtlantisDiveResorts, Public Relations Manager at Atlantis Dive Resorts Dumaguete, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thanks for embracing our 'Filipino charm' and for your wonderful review of our resort. Our resort manager Toby has indeed inspired his staff, and it is a joy to watch them interacting with our guests. We also look forward to your return because you "arrived as a guest......but left as a friend".

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was the only non diving member of a party of 6, who spent 2 weeks at the Atlantis Resort.
My views are therefore are primarily as a tourist and a non diver.
I am not one given to heaping praise on staff just for carrying out the tasks for which they are employed.
However one has to say, that without exception the staff not only carried out their duties efficiently but they did so with charm and genuine enthusiasm.

We had booked “ full board” Bed, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner this turned out to be a good decision, it was not only good value but surprising varied in terms of choice always at least 4 choices for main coursed at both Lunch and Dinner.
Breakfast, was a case of what would you like, just give them a few minutes, fresh juice, followed by fruit, anything you like cooked, etc.
The quality of the food was very good for a holiday resort!
The kitchen is to be commended.

It would be invidious to pick out any one of the waiting staff they were all superb but credit must go to their Manager, Ed who on a daily basis went out of his way to ensure all was well and even requested if their were any special requests for dinner? (I have a minor dietary restriction)

The party had different room requirements, two couples, had Garden Suits which meet their, spread out everything requirements!!
Next to a well laid out pool.

We had a Waterfront Suite which turned out to be prefect for me as a non diver!
It was possible to watch all the comings and going of the Divers and the Dive staff.
As a non diver, I would like to say that I was really impressed at the attention to detail, safety and care the dive staff took with respect to all of the activities during the loading and unloading of the boats. (Divers and Equipment)

To see the assistance they provided to the diver, well one has to say it was remarkable.
If one employed a fulltime Valet/Butler more help would not have been provided.
My “better half” had done a PDAI “Open Water” course prior to arrival.
During our stay she elected to do “Advanced Open Water” and a “Nitrox Course” The training was excellent with a combination of support, assistance and meticulous attention to safety.
Needless to say she was exceedingly pleased to attain qualification on both courses with the fantastic tutoring from “Marco, the chief training specialist”.
A big thank you to Marco from both of us.

No matter how good a location is, in this case exceptional,
at the end of the day the holiday is only as good the overall experience.
In this case it can be summed up in a word; Excellent!
As a non diver, I would return for a relaxed holiday.

Room Tip: Room tip. We had room 2 upstairs Seafront, magnificent view and great to watch the comings and goin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter O

It is so wonderful to hear how a non-diving guest views our resort - and in such an extremely complimentary way! As your "better half" learned, we are also a PADI 5 Star Gold Palm Resort and an excellent place to complete additional diving certifications with our professional staff and facilities. Maybe on your next vacation with us you might try a Discover Scuba Diving course with Marco as well :)

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I spend around two weeks in the resort every year. The amazing marine bio-diversity, delicious food and super friendly staff ensure I have a pleasant experience each time.The resort is beautiful, and the rooms are spacious and clean. The dive team- Paul, Junnar, Dek, Alfred, Marco, know the dive sites around here like the back of their hands and are good fun to dive with. The boat crew- Neal, Art, Warfi, are always helpful and efficient. The chefs at the Tokos restaurant are culinary geniuses and the staff at the restaurant- Josh, Ed, Joanna, Roseline, are friendly and polite. All in all, one has a wonderful time over there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for your "Awesome" review - and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Treated like ROYALTY. From the beginning they remember your name. I traveled single and after one day I felt like a part of the family of Dumaguette. Food was fantastic and the service was amazing. Already planing a trip back early next year. The dive guides, very professional, and showed me some amazing underwater life. Spa was top notch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

See you again next year :) BUT we thought you were royalty - LOL
Just kidding. Our staff really wants each of our guests to have the best vacation possible when they visit with us, so just like you - they also will plan to return again.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at this resort for 5 nights with a group of 16 divers from Vacaville, and had a wonderful time. The rooms were clean and well kept, good air conditioning, beautiful grounds, and fabulous staff. The food was good (variety of menu choices), the dining area suitable for large groups, wait staff great, and a nice bar. Beautiful sunrises too. The dive operation was where things got a bit uneven....as with all dive companies, who you get as a dive master affects what you see...as the majority of dives were considered "muck diving" (except for excursions to Apo Island), it is extremely important to have a dive master that knows the critters and is able to show you where they are. Unfortunately our group of 6 divers got a dive master that did not provide this...after complaining a number of times, we were placed for several dives with one of the best. Not to be missed is at least one trip to Apo Island....pristine diving (huge frog fish, sea snakes, territorial triggerfish, beautiful corals and sponges, giant clams....). The resort provided a full staff on one of their big boats and we had a wonderful BBQ lunch with all the philippine specialities.
Also fun was the transportation to the resort via colorful jeepnies.
The resort had an excellent massage facility...very reasonable and good professional massage therapists.

Room Tip: We had a lower room by the pool and it was very nice. The rooms are a bit dark so if you need addit...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

We are sorry to hear that you had to complain a number of times before we listened and placed your group with a more experienced dive guide. Sounds like we 'dropped the ball' this time, but glad that your final dives were with "one of the best". Glad everything else was very enjoyable - and the trip to Apo Island was wonderful.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Can only reiterate the recent reviews of this resort,it is truly amazing!! Spent 2 weeks being treated like royalty,from the dive staff to the leaf sweepers!
A spotlessly clean environment in all areas,our suite was comfortable and spacious.The gardens kept tidy and the dive store immaculate,as was the dining and bar area.
Transport to and from the resort was faultless.
Thanks to Ed,Josh,Cathy,Joanna,Audrey,Milty and Gloria in the bar area.
Wing,Alf,Junnar and Paul in the diving store and best of all Niel who helped on the boat trips and worked non stop in the dive centre to keep it immaculate.
They did all this while being exceptionally jolly,friendly,and efficient.

Room Tip: The siutes are brill to have all your dive gear strewn around and relaxing couches to chill out in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Welcome Back! Glad you had a wonderful time again, and that our friendly and efficient staff took royal care of you :) Thanks for the outstanding review.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Just got back from a PADI Diving Society trip to Dumaguete, Philippines hosted at Atlantis Resort.
The operation was top notch, and it is the staff that made it top notch. I have traveled all over the world, stayed on liveaboards, and resorts, and can not think of one place where I was treated better. The staff learned, and remembered our names from the first day, and we were always greeted with a smile. The manager, Toby was always around, and talked to us like a friend, rather than a client. This is something you don't get everywhere, and really adds to the overall experience. The food was great, the resort, rooms, dining area was always clean, and any staff member I encountered was more than helpful in every way possible.

The travel to and from the resort was a nightmare due to weather, cancelled and delayed flights, and everything in between. Through all of this, the hotel staff went way above and beyond to help us through it all. When we got to the airport on the way out, and the flight was cancelled, we were taken back to the resort, where they put us up for the extra night at a more than fair nominal fee, including dinner that night, and breakfast extra early the following morning, so that they could get us back out, and guide us to the airport. They didn't just drop us off there, and say, "good luck". They made sure before they left that everyone in the group was where they needed to be, took care of our luggage. When a problem was encountered at the airport, and I thought they had already left, they appeared out of nowhere to make sure that they did everything they could to solve the problem.

The dive masters were wonderful. They spotted things that I never would have seen on my own, and wasn't to sure I had actually seen it until I looked on my camera! My divemaster, "Wing" carried a slate to not only show me what he had found, but wrote it on the slate so I knew what I was looking at. The dining/bar staff was always very friendly, and accommodating. If you wanted something that was not on the menu, and you asked, they brought it to you. The front office staff was also extremely helpful, especially when we were brought back after the cancelled flight, and they had to stay late, and get up early the next morning. I'm not sure if they actually sleep! I didn't personally use the spa, but heard very positive things from those who did.

The diving was phenomenal, the reefs were healthier than most any place I've been, I saw things I hadn't seen in other parts of the world, and wouldn't have seen if my divemaster hadn't found them and pointed them out! They also printed out and E-mailed a copy of our dive itinerary, in chronological order, including dive sites, so we could keep track of where we had dove. This is something I had never experienced before, and was a very nice touch.

I'm sure I'm missing some things, but don't know what else to say, except that it was a truly unforgettable experience, and I would not hesitate to go back there, or recommend it to anyone who will be traveling to that area of the world.

Room Tip: I had upgraded to an ocean view room. It was nice to walk out onto my balcony see the ocean, and ev...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

We also had a wonderful time hosting the PADI Diving Society for this trip! You unfortunately experienced what many travelers fear - weather delays (and cancellations) with flights. Our staff was actually working double-duty on this occurrence, because while your flight was cancelled and we were able to bring you and your entire group back to the resort, at the same time we had arriving guests facing the same problem trying to get to us. Our staff arranged overnight accommodations on the mainland and new transport for them as well. Thanks for the outstanding review of our resort and noting our staff's 'above and beyond' service! So glad we helped create your 'unforgettable experience'.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
Mike's Dauin Beach Resort
#6 of 16 in Dauin
Atmosphere Resort
Atmosphere Resort
#2 of 16 in Dauin

Been to Atlantis Dive Resorts Dumaguete? Share your experiences!